Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By stimpy
  • 1 Post By BlackOak

What kind of server are you looking for?

This is a discussion on What kind of server are you looking for? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, I'm trying to think of what type of server to develop, and I'd like to know what the majority ...
Page: 1

Default What kind of server are you looking for?

Hello,

I'm trying to think of what type of server to develop, and I'd like to know what the majority are looking for, as there are kinda a lot of myko farm based servers and no PK servers. So I was thinking the below options, please share your opinion or if you're interested in sharing your idea to put it online, please PM me your Discord username and we can discuss it

1) Max LVL 83 you can reach it within a few hours, a little difficult to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears like valkyries, krowaz/bifrost weapons can be obtained via PUS and some quests. There will be quests for exp and gears throughout the journey until you reach 83, you'll be able to get in CZ with decent gears if you've followed the quests sequence.

2) Max LVL 80 you can reach it within a few hours or a day, not too hard to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears will be the regular high class armors/krowaz & bifrost weapons. PUS will have the basics, premiums, scrolls, trinas.

3) Max LVL 72 you can reach it within a few hours or a day, a little difficult to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears will be the either the red/black chitins or the regular high class armors/weapons. PUS will have the basics, premiums, scrolls, trinas.

With upgrades later on to +9 / +1 accessories

Please post your ideas below or modify the list above according to what you think is needed currently by the majority of KO players. My main purpose here is to deliver a secure server that will fulfill the players needs to have the best entertainment possible.

Thank you everyone.

Banned

1) Max LVL 83 you can reach it within a few hours, a little difficult to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears like valkyries, krowaz/bifrost weapons can be obtained via PUS and some quests. There will be quests for exp and gears throughout the journey until you reach 83, you'll be able to get in CZ with decent gears if you've followed the quests sequence.

a server like this is needed

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastaq View Post

a server like this is needed
    i think this is exactly the opposite of what everyone on ko4life wants. Servers that had the best population for longest time were 72 capped and medium/hard farm rates,like EUKO,or ProfKO,or YourKO.

I'd like more opinions on this. Like, go with the flow as the usual MyKO lvl cap 72 with some different ideas or it's time to open up something different?

Basicly the old SexyKO had the best PS concept,ever,imo.
    black and Restless like this.

One like EUKO myko 72 cap farm without the corrupt admin.
    CYB3R1NS4N3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to think of what type of server to develop, and I'd like to know what the majority are looking for, as there are kinda a lot of myko farm based servers and no PK servers. So I was thinking the below options, please share your opinion or if you're interested in sharing your idea to put it online, please PM me your Discord username and we can discuss it
    2) Max LVL 80 you can reach it within a few hours or a day, not too hard to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears will be the regular high class armors/krowaz & bifrost weapons. PUS will have the basics, premiums, scrolls, trinas.
    3) Max LVL 72 you can reach it within a few hours or a day, a little difficult to upgrade +8 armor and +0 accessories. Best gears will be the either the red/black chitins or the regular high class armors/weapons. PUS will have the basics, premiums, scrolls, trinas.
    With upgrades later on to +9 / +1 accessories
    Please post your ideas below or modify the list above according to what you think is needed currently by the majority of KO players. My main purpose here is to deliver a secure server that will fulfill the players needs to have the best entertainment possible.
    Thank you everyone.
    Hello Oggy.

I would like to point out, that you should decide about the server style on your own. It is very hard to compare those servers, and you must choose with what you feel more comfortable to administrate and moderate.

• If you are going to open a level 72 MYKO server that is based on hard farming, leveling you will need to reach a bigger population and it will require you to spend a lot more money to reach the goal. It is harder, and it can die quicker if there is no proper management. The good thing about the MYKO server is that there is more players, more 'donations', but please do not forget that is a lot more harder and if not at least expensiver.
    • By opening a Medium FARM aka HomeKO server, it will require a very good idea of the concept of the game, while it doesn't require as much money and players as in Hard MYKO, it will not work unless the idea behind is appealing to the players. Usually it can become boring very quickly as the players tends to get maxed out really quickly, for that reason you have to expansions in advance, and those expansion must be well thinked and are the most important thing of opening a server like this. While the player base is a bit smaller, there is still loads of demand and you can pull it off cheaper with proper idea.
    • A PK server, will always work in one condition! Expirable PUS items that will generate the much needed income (Which we at KOPS do offer for 1299), a proper PK System with different rewards and important thing about PK server is that marketing and advertisement budget must be high and it must be constantly on going all the time, we are looking of spending 35% of all income only on constant advertising and marketing of the PK server. PK Server might have a bit less players than MYKO, but the activity is based in CZ, so it will look like a PK server with 150 users actually have more players than a MYKO with 450. Opening a PK server, can be cheap but the players will get bored if you don't plan some expansions, have on going advertisements and offer them great rewards! Good thing of PK server is that new players will be joining all the time at any time, while at MYKO there is less of those. By having a proper organized PK server, the players will be coming, returning, coming, returning and you will be able to pull off a long term PK server with constant PK.

Of course there is a lot more to be added here, it's just a sneak preview.

For a proper idea how to start working on your server, there is a small guide and sneak preview in this topic.
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...ml#post3320116

Best Regards.