Let down?

This is a discussion on Let down? within the Diablo forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I have to admit i am somewhat let down by this game.... for a game that has been 11 years ...
Page: 1

Banned Regular Member

Default Let down?

I have to admit i am somewhat let down by this game.... for a game that has been 11 years in the making, its lack of content bores me, the same runs over and over, the lack of being able to actually equipt your character without buying stuff for a way over price on the AH and all for what? the PVP is going to generally suck, because theres no ranking, sorry but i have to say that this game is a HUGE letdown and i feel its not based on anything, but a story line which to me is about the only good thing to come..... anyone else agree?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Did you even play D2? All of your complaints are something I'd expect from someone who never played D2 or never liked D2. Same runs over and over...seriously did you even play D2?

Lack of being able to equip character? Really? I haven't bought a single item off the auction house and I'd say my character is really well geared for it's level.

I'm not let down at all by D3, it's everything I love about D2 plus soooooooooooooooooooo much more.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Did you even play D2? All of your complaints are something I'd expect from someone who never played D2 or never liked D2. Same runs over and over...seriously did you even play D2?

Lack of being able to equip character? Really? I haven't bought a single item off the auction house and I'd say my character is really well geared for it's level.

I'm not let down at all by D3, it's everything I love about D2 plus soooooooooooooooooooo much more.
    no i never played d2, ive completed the game "diablo 3" normal mode in 18 hours, im currently level 48, but what is the whole point? to get end game with nothing at the end? to keep running over each Difficulty with exactly the same dungeons/quests and monsters, all for what? its a game that you play if you want to waste your time, each game sets end game goals for example, you raid a certain boss to get a certain item, to use that item against other people to pvp and achieve the goal of killing that boss also getting the item or an achievement for killing a player each dungeon different, each quest different. where as diablo3 you play through the whole game to get items to run each difficulty over over until you finally get bored of running it 1000000 of times to get items that you probably wont get due to them all being random? the game has not been thought out properly and lacks to much stuff for a 11 year in the making game. Opinions are opinions and thats just how i feel.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

And yet this game, game play wise, is VERY similar to diablo 2, which has been played for 11 years up until diablo 3 is released. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if people were still playing D2. Hasn't been thought out properly? I think it's been thought out perfectly for a game that will last YEARS, not 1 week to beat and move on.

You don't like Diablo3, that's fine probably because you wouldn't have liked Diablo2 either. Before playing continuations of games, you should play the originals first to see if you even like the style of game. You followed hype of people who LOVED D2, expecting to love it too, and you were let down because you had no clue what you were getting into. That's not the games fault, that's your fault.

Diablo 3 is an amazing game, well worth the 11 year wait.

Level 48 the game hasn't even started yet. Hell difficulty is where the game gets challenging and fun and I can't wait to get to Inferno difficulty.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

this is not just A game where u finish the normal mode and chuck it down your basement... there is a lot of replayability that this game has to offer (different items/levels/characters/builds/countless hours of fun with friends/pvp zone soon) Only a Diablo fan knows what i mean...even a game like counter-strikes which makes players play repeatedly on the same map doing the same thing which last you no more than 5mins yet people still play it... maybe Diablo style ain't your cup of tea...

Like d2 ,if u want to get decent gears and lvl u must do runs again and again....Thats the point of this game and pvp ofc .If u ask me maybe only problem of d3(and they maybe will fix it later) is that only 4 ppl can make pt .