Receiving a LOT of private messages asking for tips, builds, etc. mainly for INT battle priests and a few for tank priests. So let's do this properly:
1. What is an INT BP? In 2012, Knight Online changed the dynamic of the priest class allowing INT points to translate into attack power for 1-handed (1H) weapons creating a new build for battle priest (BP).
2. Does STR still provide attack power? Yes. STR still gives attack power as it always has for 2-handed (2H) weapons. However, it no longer gives attack power for 1-handed weapons -- INT does!
3. What is the AP:damage ratio for INT BP? Low. 0.38. Comparatively, archer = 1.22, sin = 1.59, warrior = 0.68
4. What does a low AP:damage ratio mean for INT BPs? It means that while you are frantically pumping INT into your character, you will see little difference in your damage output regardless of how high you can make your AP. During experimentation, it meant that a 38.94% increase in AP resulted in only a 14.81% increase in damage. The exception is during EXP. You will BLAST mobs with high INT and be everyone's favorite priest.
5. Does an “off-hand” mace provide an AP boost? Yes. But only if it has INT bonus. The actual attack power of the weapon does NOT affect your AP. Weapon bonuses do.
6. Does an “off-hand” mace’s elemental damage provide additional "R" damage? I don’t know.
7. What is the INT:AP ratio for INT BP? 1 INT = 4.11 base AP? I forgot. Sue me.
8. How much INT should I stat? 225-255; 255 being full-retard INT BP.
9. How do INT BP's compare to traditional STR BPs? They are more sustainable, deal less damage, require less skill, and are more competitive in competitive play. Additionally, the gear required is more suitable for tank items which allows for easy transition back and forth between BP and tank priest; I really love playing both builds, so this made INT BP the obvious choice for me.
10. What can I expect my stats to be like as a 1H INT BP compared to traditional 2H BPs?
2H Paper STR BP: High/Godly HP, high/Godly AP, low mana, low AC, no/low resists
2H Plate STR BP: High HP, high AP, moderate mana, low/moderate AC, low resists - (balance; but good luck finding +9/+10 plate )
2H FP STR BP: Moderate/high HP, moderate/high AP, moderate mana, moderate AC, moderate resists
2H Chitin STR BP: Moderate HP, moderate AP, moderate/high mana, moderate/high AC, moderate resists
1H Krowaz INT BP: High/Godly HP, low/moderate AP, Godly mana, Godly AC, Godly resists - (balance)
INT BPs are theoretically more balanced, making traditional 2H STR BPs obsolete.
11. Wait a minute, if INT BP’s AP:damage ratio is so low, wouldn’t it be enough to simply stat 190 INT (krowaz 8) and attack when the opportunity presents? Of course! But it is for this exact reason that many people don’t play INT BP (higher than 190 INT). The difference in damage is annoyingly low comparing 190 to 255 INT.
12. Why do you list so much alternative gear? Playing BP properly requires the ability to adapt to the fluidity of your opponent's party composition. If you aren't comfortable switching gear during PK, don't play BP.
13. What is a "dual-mace BP"? There's no such thing. After reading FAQ 12, understand that there are situations in which using a mace in the off-hand is advantageous, just as switching shields or accessories can be.
14. What is the advantage of being an INT BP vs tank vs STR BP? INT BPs are the most dynamic class in Knight Online. With specific regard to BPs, the Godly mana pool of an INT BP means that you can spam HP potions much longer than a 2H BP with low mana providing an obvious advantage. High AC, mana, and HP make you stand out less as a BP to your opponents. Playing the utility role means, as always, you are a priest first and foremost. Your job is to keep your party alive and find opportune times to supplement your party's damage; something a tank priest cannot do, nor can a traditional 2H BP survive long enough to make happen.
15. Your PK videos make my balls tingle, will I be able to do what you did in those videos? No. You suck.