Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

PKing Even Possible?

This is a discussion on PKing Even Possible? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Alright, I recently switched to C-West because i was tired of playing on ares where everyone had Shards +100000000, and ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member Bloodyrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rocky Point, North Carolina
    Posts
    53

    Default PKing Even Possible?

    Alright, I recently switched to C-West because i was tired of playing on ares where everyone had Shards +100000000, and Armor +100000000. I don't really enjoy xping (never was my thing), and IMO pk is where it's at. Since DD helms were very expensive, and I always got my ass kicked my rogues i decided to play a rogue. I started leveling him up, and he is currently level 55, and soon will be 59. Now the question i am asking is this: Is PKing even possible for the common rogue? I'm a senior in high school so saving money for college is my number one priority so i can't afford to babashop for great items (like most people), or buy wings/Valkyrie/pathos gloves. I grinded my ass off (and sold my RSGP =D) to earn the 7 GB's that i have. With those GB's i purchased the following items:

    CHD +1 rb
    Shard +1 rb
    Full Chitin +1 rb
    Dual Old EME
    Dual Old Elf Rings
    Old Skeleton Belt
    and an Old Priest Pendant

    Now i look on forums and see people with budgets of 60 GB buying crazy items for DCZ rogues like WP +2, shards +8, chitin +8, and all this crazy shit. What i want to know is am i wasting my time? Or is the pk action going to be ok? I don't expect to walk around 1 shotting everyone, but i don't want to get my ass handed to me either by a bunch of babashopping pricks. Is it even worth it?

  2. #2
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    if you are very skilled it is possible but even at that sometimes gear can just beat skill.... especially at low levels when you only have like 1-2k hp and rogues with +9 chitin or +9 shards can spike for like that much

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bloodyrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rocky Point, North Carolina
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodpain View Post
    if you are very skilled it is possible but even at that sometimes gear can just beat skill.... especially at low levels when you only have like 1-2k hp and rogues with +9 chitin or +9 shards can spike for like that much
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. I don't see why people blow IRL money to buy that kind of gear. It's really a waist of money, and the game would be so much better if PK relied on skill instead of who can waist the most money on a game.

  4. #4
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    yeah thats how ko is sadly... there is a lot of people that dont have any skill but babashop thousands and thousands of dollars worth of items just so they can be good... its sad but the game now isnt what it used to be.... its not free 2 play its rich 2 play/ hackers galore. Good luck to you tho

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bloodyrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rocky Point, North Carolina
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodpain View Post
    yeah thats how ko is sadly... there is a lot of people that dont have any skill but babashop thousands and thousands of dollars worth of items just so they can be good... its sad but the game now isnt what it used to be.... its not free 2 play its rich 2 play/ hackers galore. Good luck to you tho
    Thanks alot, you will probably see me posting in the market trying to get rid of my stuff in a few days

  6. #6
    -The Noob- Senior Member hookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    If you have a pretty decent skill level, you will do just fine. In Cypher, I beat almost any rogue that wasn't full +9/+3 with just dual shard +7, chitin +7set, and all quest jewels. Even beat a lot of 80's, and had 0 dd. (I was lvl 69 btw.)

    I went to Ardream in C-West the other day with just Royal Knight armor, quest daggers, and quest jewels. I did pretty decent I'd say. I got like 10 kills in 30minutes-1hour of pking. That's excellent with the gear I had. You just have to be smart, avoid duffers and gangs of people, etc.

    Hope I helped.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    191

    Default

    dont expect that every1 is just a noob wo any skill and u gonna rape him with ur uber pure skillz. yea ofc u may get some kills, even get some vs.
    but overall pking will be pain in the ass more than smth like great pking times. one db and sin will one / two hit you no matter if u got skills equal to size of jupiter, lols
    just wanna make things clear a bit, smelling too much self-promos arround, like "iam with quest jewells and +7 shards and i pwning every1 with +9/+3 regularly". thats bedtime story.
    peace

  8. #8
    -The Noob- Senior Member hookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    dont expect that every1 is just a noob wo any skill and u gonna rape him with ur uber pure skillz. yea ofc u may get some kills, even get some vs.
    but overall pking will be pain in the ass more than smth like great pking times. one db and sin will one / two hit you no matter if u got skills equal to size of jupiter, lols
    just wanna make things clear a bit, smelling too much self-promos arround, like "iam with quest jewells and +7 shards and i pwning every1 with +9/+3 regularly". thats bedtime story.
    peace
    Responding to the bolded part: If you read my post again, it says - "You just have to be smart, avoid duffers and gangs of people, etc." Meaning, you can't run close to a duffer, get duffed, and expect to live. Also, you can't just run into a group of 10 and expect to live.


    Responding to the Underlined part: If you read my post again, it says - "...I beat almost any rogue that wasn't full +9/+3 with just dual shard +7, chitin +7set, and all quest jewels." Meaning that I did not beat full +9/+3 rogues. I was referring to the average rogue in Cypher - [8chitin/8shards/+1ROL/etc].

    ...Just to clarify.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    191

    Default

    it wasnt ment straight up to you, i was reffering to this kind of topics in general. tho we were getting close already here :P
    maybe i should take different phrase there, my mistake.

  10. #10
    Banned Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    287

    Default

    u'll be aimed 24/7.. die 24/7... if ur human, i'm the 1 who's going to npt on u ^^

  11. #11
    Senior Member retail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default

    actually dude ull do fine im pretty sure.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Did fine with +1revs and olds in c-west (sin), but you'll have to be in decent partys too.

  13. #13
    -The Noob- Senior Member hookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    it wasnt ment straight up to you, i was reffering to this kind of topics in general. tho we were getting close already here :P
    maybe i should take different phrase there, my mistake.
    It's np man.

  14. #14
    relativz
    Guest

    Default

    In my opinion , as Lourenco said , ull be the first target and ull be the first who goes down , no doubts . with your gear ull probbly get spiked for 1k + if not more ...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bloodyrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rocky Point, North Carolina
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Thanks for all of the feedback guys, my rogue is just about to hit lvl 59, and i will be pking soon. Guess i will just have to pick my battles, and not do dumb shit. Thanks again all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •