Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Stun % with LR MAGE???

This is a discussion on Stun % with LR MAGE??? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Originally Posted by Electr1c its true ice is cheaper and u can posibly get similar amount of kills with it. ...
Page: 2

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    its true ice is cheaper and u can posibly get similar amount of kills with it. I on the other hand neevr played as ice mage and never wil. That is beyond suport and it seeems worthles for me as mage. Ice looks like crap for me, and most rouges town instantly when they are iced, when people are stuned i dont think they can town as fast. Also when having 8v8 batles with a good clan and when mages need to cancel out preists and stun them, lr is more useful than ice.
    Lr causes more laqq as well expecialy the light blade and the thunder burst. Stay lr dont go ice. No need to go ice. Most ice mages always im probaly 100% sure feel jealous of a good lr mage. Lr mages have more presense and other people feel more threatened by them.

Forgot to mention: Do not be swayed by other people's opinions so hastily; remember in the end, it all comes down to what u prefer and what u enjoy. Ur first instincts usually are good to follow.

I on the other hand run around wiht lycoan+11 rebirth in ardream so haha im not scraed of any1, but yea u do what u think is best.

You asked stun rate? Well i kno this to be a fact: if ur oponent has low resist to LR they will be stunned very frequently. Resist to elementals impact the dmg done and stun rate by a mage.

ooo it seems like this is ur first time switching to lr? Then learn to combo. MOst fire mages are newbies becuse all they ever do is slide. Learn to combo. Lr mage that cannot combo will neevr be useful. U will not stun as frequently and or kill.
    i completely disagree man.

except for the learn to combo part.
    cuz a good mage combo can cancel heals.... doesnt matter if its ice fire or light.. sure light helps but as long as u dont slide ( like u said) and u have good combo u can cancel heals.( i was kinda good at that)

and in 8 man parties... wat do u think a party appreciates more? a mage that with cast can freeze a priest for 15 seconds then run around tp people to the other priest
    or
    a mage that has to constantly be on a priests ass trying to stun him? if ur a mage remember ur gonna be targeted alot so u cant afford to stand in one place taking alot of damage (such as sticking to a priest to keep him stunned)

and like u said if u have low lr u will be stunned alot... but sadly int priest rarely have low lr ( doesst mean u cant stun em im just saying they sometimes are little harder to stun)

i was an ice mage tried both light and fire on my lvl 81 mage.

fire was awesome cuz of all the damage i could do but it would frustrate me seeing a party running away and not being able to slow em.

light was also fun specially blink but i found for my style of playing light was to much of an offensive style for me.

keep in mind this is at lvl 80 ice might useless at lower lvls. since its mainly for slwing but onceu get lvl 80 skill ( i like to call it "party killer" ) your start having lots of fun.

my suggestion is experiment with ur mage thats the only way ull learn wat u like

p.s. no flames intended

But the thing is I have never seen a lightning support...and a Mage built for support has low mp, can't kill as much...it is true I think that lightning is more useful then ice because as a lr Mage you still have ice skills, especially in rlb. But you need to drop your shield and build in order to be a lr support Mage...make sense?

Oh and ps. Rlb lr is awesome...62 skill makes em scared you can break up mobs using that. You could go 60 ice and 42 light and use 42 skill to attAck, and the nova to act as your support...that's probably the best way to go...you have many options when you go that route

Tazthespaz

Thanks guys, that all helped a lot. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is any skill I can use with my DS that will have a decent chance to stun, and if there are better things to do with my staff on then run in and die and light staff hit the priest. I tend to nova with my shield on, and really all that does is do shit damage, not stun anyone, and hope my lvl 45 ice skill ices someone, then blast them with the pillar skills. Can anyone help me with strategies WITH shield and WITHOUT, like really really detailed methods of support, killing, and staying alive, and stunning, and slowing. I don't really know what i'm talking about, all i know is there are experts out there and i would like all there advise. Thanks in advance

Ok well. As 60 ice and 42 or 45 lightning , you can wear shield pretty much the whole time. Use novas from far away .. 51 ice is the best skill for icing i think.. drop nova's as often as possible , and stay moving... and safe so you can tp members of your party when they are low.. keep the party moving, keep the enemy slow.. thats pretty much all you need to do .. you dont even need to attack with lightning if your party is good.. and when u get duffed. make sure you get cured as soon as possible.. dont stop moving. ice the hard hitters of the party so they cant reach your priests and you. .. thats all there is to it. Oh and spam solid if you have to ... good luck

Thats well said. (4 splits most imprtant suggestion to remenber is to keep moving) a good mage does not slow down.)
    Also we all have to keep in mind that the thread strater is only lvl 63. So he pretty muhc is limited on skills, and is gearing for rlb.
    I myself have played mostly cz and ardream before the 83 g4ypatch, so ill just post my thoughts.

Gimmicookie: Yea i get what ur saying. But i think our playing style is different. You are playing to comepltetely be a support mage, like a b1tch of the party, no offense here(thats my slang, nyc slang.)The way ur suited is to listen to others and just suport nothing else. You might get yelled at sometimes, who knows.
    But being the kind of a player i am and the personality that i have, i run parties, i hate others telingl me what to do. (i usually already think other players are not as good as me in pk, so i dont like listening to others) 5-6 years of ko experience)
    Forexample: A stupid rogue or wariror will complain, "wtf why did u tp me"(id just say shut up and folow me. Simple) I usualy tp if i need help, see a opotunity to kill a lot of orcs as a party, or to regroup.
    I always think that mages run parties, so i usually cal the shots. I always played with mostly MP and had cs0 reuced to play suport if needed. I atck a lot so i liek ahving blink to blink into huge parties, tp priest tp melee, boom rape and earn Np.
    I go wiht blink over 80 ice skill becuase i think blink is more usefull when pking against like 40 or 50 with only ur partyy. You get to run away a far distance and tp people back. It is not only that, but you also can use it to atck and catch pucy rogues that spike and run. Blink can b e used for atck and defensive maneuvers.
    Being light does not mean u have to chase priest(thats is what only fat warriors can recomends or rouges becuas that is their way of comaplining) A good mage knows who to atck/who to gang, when to atck, and which melee to folow and help.

I understand ur argument about freezing priest and i too think it is veyr helpful in pk, but there's also many downfalls as well. IF a warriour shockstuns you and u get ganged, you are scrwed. And if u die and cannot get a rez in time, ur party is scrwed, unless u got another mage in the party. I think tping ur party at a constant rate is more important than icing a priest.
    Nonstop tp with Tab and 1 button is how i role. I can keep my party alive wihtout a single death probaly for 2kor3 Nps and then some might die. And i also atck just as fast.
    A priest is not very vital to sotp always with 80 ice skill.
    A mage can always save his entire party and tp priest last. Like behind ur party, then sneak up in a mere second. I usually pk wiht 1 mage(me) in party sometimes 2(when i find another good mage to pk wiht)but i don't like having other mages in parties becuase they usually ruin the rhythm of my tp, and the organization.

Yea, but still again like i said you, do what u think is best. I have over 5mil Np pk experience. I pk in turk servers where there is intense pk and not in noobie servers like cwets where only 10 people pk IN CZ simultaneously. I like seeing 100 oponents rather than the same 8 over and over.
    To be honest after playing ardream for the last year, i think best ardrema players are more pro than cz players.
    Last edited by Electr1c; 10-17-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Tazthespaz

Alright thanks for everything but I have 3 more questions

1. What are the best skills for stunning? For example, light wack? Other skills? Not dmg, just stun rate

2. What are good techniques to support and or kill.

3. What is an advanced and or effective LR combo with shield AND WITHOUT!

Thanks to all, i don't want anything else answerd but these

thanks in advance

Your blade skills are best...just keep the combo up...you can't combo while using shield... Unless you get a Halloween staff or something like that (not sure how much they will work though). The combo you do use varys .. I use three.. R r skill, c r skill, and r skill r. And the teqnique you ask for is all common sense...tp and ice to be support...and attack someone who is duffed, and attack with your party. You can't be a support Mage and expect to get alot of kills.

Tazthespaz

Thanks a lot guyes. I am intersted in this 60 ice 42 Ligh build. NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, I HAVE LIGHTING ACCESORIES AND STAFFS, AND THAT IS HOW IT IS GOING TO STAY FOR A WHILE AND THAT I AM GOING RLB (going to be lvl 69) Althought CZ knowladge is good, its not needed but thank you.

I have changed to many times, and I finally have good gear for a LR mage. I'm not wasting another 2 weeks getting ice gear so base your responses accordingly.

For this build, I would stay sheild a lot of the time, and only use the 42 blade hit for lighting? Essentially, this is just a Ice build, but what i'm wondering, is what if i stay with all my LR stuff, but do that build, so my light attacks actually stun, and my Glacier attacks will probably work fine?

Any thought, comments, (Still need an answer on the best Stunning skill, what about the lvl 51,54and 56 skills? any good?)

THANK YOU FOR ALLLL THE HELP, this topic boomed and i'm so thankful for all the awesome advise!

pthawaii

If ur gonna stay light, just know you won't stun as often as ice slow, but that's okay. Slow can be cured, slow and they can still town, slow and they can still attack and heal themselves (if priest). So of course stun wont be as high a % as slow, if it was, then why be ice?

Your level is too low to be any good in cz, my best advice level up and get 72 staff skill. It's much more effective than 42 staff skill. Novas too.

Tazthespaz

Sorry to be rude, but you obviusly didn't read what I just said. I"M GOING RLB!

42 skill will work the best for stun . Use that whenever u tank or slide. 27 skill rocks . very effective if you know how to use it. The 18 skill is really good too, since its really fast and spamable. all the other lightning skills are slow and not really effective. On my 70+ mage i only use 72 skill, all the novas of course, light shock , and the 70 skill...27 and 18.. And you will ice no matter what... every mage has a good chance of slowing people... so yea, i think ur all set. remember when u attack with lightning dont use a shield ^^ .. Just leaev your inventory open and switch accordinly. I wish KO made a smaller inventory box, where you can just right click it and it will switch instead of having ur whole inventory take up half the screen.

Tazthespaz

AGREED 4spit! It makes it so hard to seeeeee! I do do it sometimes tho. And yea, I try to only do Ice skills with the DS on. 27 skill tho huh? What about the 35 skill that requires the scroll. is that better then the 27? Thanks a lot that is exactly what I needed. And this is for my build not the 60-42 ice build right?

:S what build are you?? That was for the ice 60, 42 light build. Thats the best build for rlb. 35 skill is slow. it has to reach the opponent first...you can use 35, then 27 right after, and they almost hit at the same time... The skills i was talking about were the lightning.. the 27, 42, 18..all lightning..

Tazthespaz

I was talking about the lighting to. I am full light second ice. 62 light, 45 ice, rest in master.

ok, your call then.. let me know if it fails or not...never heard of your build before.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast