Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razor

What bow to use?

This is a discussion on What bow to use? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey guys playing rogue lvl 70 right now i am using old skele, dual old,eme, old WP, and dual old ...
Page: 1

Default What bow to use?

Hey guys playing rogue lvl 70 right now i am using old skele, dual old,eme, old WP, and dual old ROLS and a chitin set +7
    What bow should i use i have got around 1,5 gb buget.

Thx for helping me out,

Get an IB+7 for 90mil and keep the rest for dark days

^ ib+7 should be enough for now ^^

Helenid price should drop now that bifrost is out. Should get that after ib +7

Little archer Senior Member

I'll never understand why people go for the flowchart EME WP ROL combo. Especially on an archer.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I'll never understand why people go for the flowchart EME WP ROL combo. Especially on an archer.
    What should i pick than?

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by larsjuh View Post
    What should i pick than?
    This is a mage heavy server. If you play archer right, melees should be easy to avoid since you can see them coming at you. Mages however, are always sneaking up and being a major pain in the ass.

I would recommend getting a lot more resistances. Either a mix of uniques or just double legionnaire band and then you can get whatever else you want in the other slots.

Another issue is that archers already do really low damage as it is, so maybe going for old skele and WP (viable choices for sin) is a bad idea on an archer. You want to trade defense for offense, since you won't be getting hit by melees unless you let them get close to you. You get to pick your fights! While as a sin you'll inevitably be z'd on and focused even accidentally.

Anyway, make sure to go for higher AP and lose WP and skele.

Earrings: Dual cockatrice are best, but if you can't afford that then get at least one old silver earring.
    Pendant: Amulet of dex or black dragon necklace if you want the HP no matter what. Priest pendant is trash.
    Belt: Judicious belt. Only go for elf belt if you already have high resistances in other jewelry areas.
    Rings: Old rol and legio, or double legio (go for old elf belt if you have double legio, to compensate for the AC loss). Cheap man's alternative is to get one kekuri ring +1 or +2 meanwhile and use it together with an old rol until you can get legio.

I'd recommend getting fp8 gloves and boots since chitins7 aren't that great. You'd only lose 12 AC total per and get 6 dex (24-30 bonus AP).
    JayClaiba likes this.