Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Your Favorite Hero !

This is a discussion on Your Favorite Hero ! within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; The meta-game of team heroes is no longer the only viable option. SK is now Skeleking and now Sand King ...
Page: 6

The meta-game of team heroes is no longer the only viable option.
    SK is now Skeleking and now Sand King in the majority of games.
    BM is better then Enigma. A Focused stun + maphack > AoE for the same duration.
    Heroes like Luna who slightly help in team fights are used to build strategys off. (Others include CK TB Troll Juggernaut Knight Davion Skele King Morphling Syllabear Axe, the list goes on.)
    With the recent shift in meta-game, the number of viable heroes has vastly increased, and the game is starting to take more of a "pubish" style where you see 2 carries farm it out for 30 - 40 minutes whilst the other 4 support with wards and ganks until usually 1 fight of the carries, along with the support decides the victor.
    This is why you see semi-carries in almost every game, sometimes 3.

Just look at the hero selection in this game.
    http://forums.dota-allstars.com/inde...owtopic=237287
    Now the basic counter is to push early. It can work, but when it does not, you are bound to evenutally fall prey to the 5v1 troll killing your entire team in 9 seconds of BKB, 10 if .48b
    You now have a greater chance to win a game by stalling then attempting to push early. The games are boring as hell to watch, but that's what works.
    Or so it seems at the moment.[/b]
    and there begins our analysis of the metagame. to truly explore these concepts, one must truly comprehend the aspect of the "metagame" as you so quite justly defined it. the metagame relies heavily upon theory rather than practice. to aptly discuss such theory, one must have a grasp of the subject in its entirety. something that, i am afraid, the vast majority lacks in regards to any subject. the discussion of metagame has a tendency to ignore the physical limitations placed upon the true game played (however thin they may be) so i suggest you truly take into account the aspect of possible so as to not journey into the realm of perfection; a theory that evades us so. in retrospect, i am actually forced to somewhat concede the actual nature conveyed by my previous statement, as it is rather cynical to view perfection as such. upon prior experiences, most notably via the game of starcraft, i have become a believer in the metagame and theorycrafting, because i, for one, believe that the barriers placed (which i just so unwisely supported) can and most likely will be broken.
    the discussion of metagame truly implies limitless possibility (not necessarily limitless, but definitely limitless in relation to a static argument over a forum). to write about it is near impossible, and to argue about it is asanine. shit will never be solved in this method. rather, you should take more concrete examples (i.e. precedent examples) and use them to justify however indirect it may be. yeah, you can say that you, indeed, supplied some examples, but they were weakly supported if at all. deeper analysis of the specific avid vs fnatic would be mucho thanks. i enjoy reading these threads, and im sad to see it stray this way.

cliffs: fuck meta-game
    gib examplez that simpletons like me can interpret alone plsh
    or
    provide some insight on the material provided

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

and there begins our analysis of the metagame. to truly explore these concepts, one must truly comprehend the aspect of the "metagame" as you so quite justly defined it. the metagame relies heavily upon theory rather than practice. to aptly discuss such theory, one must have a grasp of the subject in its entirety. something that, i am afraid, the vast majority lacks in regards to any subject. the discussion of metagame has a tendency to ignore the physical limitations placed upon the true game played (however thin they may be) so i suggest you truly take into account the aspect of possible so as to not journey into the realm of perfection; a theory that evades us so. in retrospect, i am actually forced to somewhat concede the actual nature conveyed by my previous statement, as it is rather cynical to view perfection as such. upon prior experiences, most notably via the game of starcraft, i have become a believer in the metagame and theorycrafting, because i, for one, believe that the barriers placed (which i just so unwisely supported) can and most likely will be broken.
    the discussion of metagame truly implies limitless possibility (not necessarily limitless, but definitely limitless in relation to a static argument over a forum). to write about it is near impossible, and to argue about it is asanine. shit will never be solved in this method. rather, you should take more concrete examples (i.e. precedent examples) and use them to justify however indirect it may be. yeah, you can say that you, indeed, supplied some examples, but they were weakly supported if at all. deeper analysis of the specific avid vs fnatic would be mucho thanks. i enjoy reading these threads, and im sad to see it stray this way.

cliffs: fuck meta-game
    gib examplez that simpletons like me can interpret alone plsh
    or
    provide some insight on the material provided[/b]
    Yeah.... what he said.

notsinfiery

if yew have more tiem in a game u kill more creap then u obtan mor gold and more heroes better with mor gold r better then mor heroes not as better with more gold BUT (TIS IMPORTNT) onli if u hav pitlord(OR HERO LIKE) on ur team

http://forums.dota-allstars.com/inde...owtopic=237169

RedThunder

my favourite hero would be skeleton king .

notsinfiery

my favourite hero would be skeleton king .[/b]
    dont fucking get on topic

I WANNA PWN WITH MEEPO

notsinfiery

I WANNA PWN WITH MEEPO[/b]
    turns out asian teams are better then euro teams when no lag

better learn to meepo if u wanna go places grasshopper

asians are always better.

notsinfiery

asians are always better.[/b]
    not when playing online

not when playing online[/b]
    lan >> online !

STR:Axe
    AGI:Terrorblade
    INT: LightPanda

4Nikes

luv ya mı epıc arrowz by potm ( i can jump out from the tiger also, k )

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

not when playing online[/b]
    pfff. the top 2 teams who won eswc are both ASIAN. asians own the shit out of anyone in dota, honestly. 3 big asian teams i can think of who probably own the world of dota atm - Fnatic(previously known as XCN, Xecutioners), Zenith, and Kingsurf.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Peter Petrelli! h34r:

TunaFishyMe

dammit dro i was gonna say something stupid like that ... fuck

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast