Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

About armors defense

This is a discussion on About armors defense within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; a friend from LaCofradia xToMoYOx say "if u use your gab and iron set whit dd the armor defenzes not ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Inactive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    14

    Default About armors defense

    a friend from LaCofradia xToMoYOx say

    "if u use your gab and iron set whit dd the armor defenzes not add completely to you, only will receive the 25% of all your items"

    What think about that.....???

  2. #2
    Senior Member kerber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpriest22 View Post
    a friend from LaCofradia xToMoYOx say

    "if u use your gab and iron set whit dd the armor defenzes not add completely to you, only will receive the 25% of all your items"

    What think about that.....???
    i think its a load of crap

    weapon defenses do not stack anyway

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I remember someone saying that it went like this:

    Let's say a rouge spikes you for 1000 damage

    1000 damage - 25dd helm = 750 damage (subtract 25% , 250)

    750 damage - 10dd Iron neck = 675 damage (subtract 10% , 75)

    675 damage - 10dd Iron belt = 607 damage (subtract 10% , 68)

    Now, there are more items you can wear like dd helm and master skill that reduces damage so it could go even lower.

    I think this is the way it works from personal experience.

  4. #4
    BoredofKO
    Guest

    Default

    25dd helm? :O

  5. #5
    Seaside? Senior Member Leo_BREMEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r1ckyb0by View Post
    I remember someone saying that it went like this:

    Let's say a rouge spikes you for 1000 damage

    1000 damage - 25dd helm = 750 damage (subtract 25% , 250)

    750 damage - 10dd Iron neck = 675 damage (subtract 10% , 75)

    675 damage - 10dd Iron belt = 607 damage (subtract 10% , 68)

    Now, there are more items you can wear like dd helm and master skill that reduces damage so it could go even lower.

    I think this is the way it works from personal experience.
    cant be like that...that'd mean dd helmet > in
    cause if u start with -10% from IN than -10% from IB and only than the -25% u ll get a different result.

    i guess it stacks...doesn't it? i thought in+ib+25dd is 45dd but im not saying 45dd means minus 45% damage...could be tho. did someone ever test it?

  6. #6
    Senior Member C4pt4iN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_BREMEN View Post
    if u start with -10% from IN than -10% from IB and only than the -25% u ll get a different result.
    wrong.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    373

    Default

    For Ares players and a few of the older servers, a 25dd full plate helm is a possibility. And yes, they do stack.

    My setup used to be - 25dd full plate helm, 25dd gabs shield at +7, Iron Neck, Iron Belt and 5 in master for another 10dd. With over 1300 ac buffed and 80dd, rouges really didn't pose that much of a problem for me. I had several try to sneak attack me when I was mining and all I had to do was switch out my pickaxe for my shield and heal out of it. Didn't even have to run most of the time because they had gaps in their combo. Used to piss them off when I would sit down on them while they were attacking me. If they were a well known rouge, I would put on a DD talia and just LMAO while they were scratching their head going WTF?? 130dd FTW!!!! Just imagine if you put 10 in your master, and had IN+3 & IB+3 and Gabs +8. That would be 146dd!!!!!!! It could possibly be even more if you switched the gabs out for one of the rare shields with 40dd.

    And if weapon defenses didn't stack, then why would anyone wear an Iron Neck or Iron Belt after they placed 10 in their master skill?
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 05-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    253

    Default

    defenses and master skill arent the same. . .

    and what they mean is.. they dont stack, aka you cant put on 100 DD and expect to be 100% immuned to daggers.

    they are multiplicative, not additive

  9. #9
    HoruS
    Guest

    Default

    r1ckyb0by is right !
    if you wanna test
    put on talia(50) + shield(30) + dd(25) thats 105 defence but ull not be imune !

  10. #10
    Senior Member predator123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    140

    Default

    noone know how does it work.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by predator123 View Post
    noone know how does it work.
    I don't want to get a warning or a ban, but honestly I fucking hate that nobody seems to go to school but you all have internet access. Just from common sense and elementary school math operations you can at least get the approach that the amount of weapon defense is a % of the damage you take. Whoever can't understand this don't even post a reply nor a pm, go to school and learn something ffs...

    We'll consider 1000 as the original damage from a sin.
    If you got your 15% less dmg from master skill. You will receive 850 dmg.
    If additional to that you have your 25DD helmet, that's 25% off the reduced dmg. 850 - (0.25 * 850) = 637.5, let's round it to 640.
    If you have a +0 iron neck, then you will take 10% off those 640... 576
    If you have a +0 iron belt, take another 10% of those 576, ~520
    If you have a friend to test damage on your char, try it. Since damage is variable trying this 1-2 times won't be enough but should give you a close result. This hasn't changed since MYKO back in 2004.

    In these operations, the order on how you count them doesn't affect the result.
    And I know that since 7 years old, you don't have to be a genius, just not an idiot.

  12. #12
    Jesus Savior! Senior Member Sp1ke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    278

    Default

    i remember some one told me u can reduce dmg till 60% "60 dd or w/e"

  13. #13
    Inactive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    14

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by kohack View Post
    I don't want to get a warning or a ban, but honestly I fucking hate that nobody seems to go to school but you all have internet access. Just from common sense and elementary school math operations you can at least get the approach that the amount of weapon defense is a % of the damage you take. Whoever can't understand this don't even post a reply nor a pm, go to school and learn something ffs...

    We'll consider 1000 as the original damage from a sin.
    If you got your 15% less dmg from master skill. You will receive 850 dmg.
    If additional to that you have your 25DD helmet, that's 25% off the reduced dmg. 850 - (0.25 * 850) = 637.5, let's round it to 640.
    If you have a +0 iron neck, then you will take 10% off those 640... 576
    If you have a +0 iron belt, take another 10% of those 576, ~520
    If you have a friend to test damage on your char, try it. Since damage is variable trying this 1-2 times won't be enough but should give you a close result. This hasn't changed since MYKO back in 2004.

    In these operations, the order on how you count them doesn't affect the result.
    And I know that since 7 years old, you don't have to be a genius, just not an idiot.
    +1

    i think same i will continue using my iron set,fp dd25 and gab +7

  14. #14
    Senior Member the ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    someone in xig had chitins + 7/25 boots and pads for dagger def . + dd fp 25 and his iron set i used to spike him for 200-300....

  15. #15
    Extrem1st
    Guest

    Default

    Just like kohack said, it works in %'s added together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •