Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By hongkongfury

assassin daggers? need some advice :)

This is a discussion on assassin daggers? need some advice :) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I know you use jamadar in off hand because you always use highest ap in main hand, was also told ...
Page: 1

Default assassin daggers? need some advice :)

I know you use jamadar in off hand because you always use highest ap in main hand, was also told bonus stats of a dagger only get used if on the off hand? so would it be possible to use weapon breaker +8 82ap in main hand and dv +6 82ap in off hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I know you use jamadar in off hand because you always use highest ap in main hand, was also told bonus stats of a dagger only get used if on the off hand? so would it be possible to use weapon breaker +8 82ap in main hand and dv +6 82ap in off hand?
    I actually never tried DV before but is it really true?

For your question,
    It depends on server status and your level i think.
    Since your AP will be really low, 10 dex point will not cover your deficiency, if we are talking about ardream char you should definitely consider not using DV since those minus bonuses will effect you too much.

If are talking about SteamKO, is there any DD gear exist other than neck and belts? I believe not. So considering Shard 7 for initial period would be more useful than Jamadar.

"Dagger bonus only works in off hand"...

Stupidest shit I heard since "wear flame ring with hb for better damage"

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post

I've actually remembered it was cursed weapon effects only work on main hand, so using cursed weapons on off hand doesn't work, it was a simple mistake, can't believe your still salty about me not buying your gb's.... when you become more then a pre-pubescent teen is when you can start replying to people's thread with a little more decency.

The flame ring trick works in some server versions because the way elemental damage works is really stupid lol. I'm unsure whether it ever worked in USKO though, never had money for flame rings or fancy stuff like that.

Also, by bonus stats.. Are you referring to the special effect or the actual stats of the item? If you're referring to the regular stats then obviously they get added to your stat total no matter which hand you wear them on. The only part I'm unsure is how exactly weapon damage is calculated (Why main hand gives more AP than off-hand) and how weapon defense is taken into calculation, but there shouldn't be any reason to not use the highest damage weapon on your right hand and just use an off-hand that either gives you good bonuses or is a jamadar, which helps against people that stack DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I've actually remembered it was cursed weapon effects only work on main hand, so using cursed weapons on off hand doesn't work, it was a simple mistake, can't believe your still salty about me not buying your gb's.... when you become more then a pre-pubescent teen is when you can start replying to people's thread with a little more decency.
    You didn't mention cursed weapon. Saying weapon bonus only works in the off in hand is blatantly wrong, which is true whether or not I am "salty" about you not buying gold bars from me (which I'm not, and barely remember happening since you just logged my memory). It seems you are either "salty" at me for making the correction, or you are just plain autistic.

Flaming aside:

Bonus stats are the same no matter where they come from. The only reason that weapons like dark vane/chd are typically worn in the off-hand is because they tend to have less AP. AP is calculated mostly based on your mainhand weapon, so putting a dagger like a dark vane in the off-hand (when you have a shard in the main hand) will give you more AP than the other way around.

In your case, both of your weapons have the same AP, so it wouldn't matter which is in your mainhand (this is just for AP calculation, since one is a jamadar and one is a dagger, I'm not sure about the Dagger defense interaction if you have one in the mainhand and one not)

Don't forget avedon and shio tears make leg cut and scream much better :^)

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Don't forget avedon and shio tears make leg cut and scream much better :^)
    Well technically don't unique weapons have a higher chance of succeeding with skills like leg cut? That's what I was always told. Is that bullcrap?