View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's a good idea

31 67.39%
  • I think it's a bad idea

8 17.39%
  • I don't know if it would work, but sounds good.

5 10.87%
  • Neutral

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Community Teamspeak server?

This is a discussion on Community Teamspeak server? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello everyone, I've been thinking of getting for our community a proper teamspeak server. Especially since we have many players ...
Page: 1

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Default Community Teamspeak server?

Hello everyone, I've been thinking of getting for our community a proper teamspeak server.
    Especially since we have many players coming back to play/going to steam server with other English speaking players.

And as mentioned above, for our community.
    Meaning it's meant for users that are capable of speaking English.

However, if we do agree that such a suggestion is a good one, we might need people to chip in every now and then in order to keep it running.

Imagine this, whole KO English community on 1 ts.
    We would have there clan channels, pk channels, farm, exp, general chat etc.
    It would make trades a lot easier too, I believe. Not to mention all the VOIP servers costs..

I would like to hear your thoughts, whether I should be considering something with this suggestion or perhaps you have something to add.
    Whatever.

This is a serious discussion, trollers, get yourself something better to do if you're not going to post a serious opinion here.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

The only issue would be how would you handle trolls that log into the teamspeak? People that intentionally go around and ruin the experience, spamming music etc? Would you require people to pay for moderator? Would you assign moderators yourself and deal with all that drama of "corrupt mods" etc?

You can't give the KO4Life mods power there either (or at least not certain ones) because of their own bias.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    The only issue would be how would you handle trolls that log into the teamspeak? People that intentionally go around and ruin the experience, spamming music etc? Would you require people to pay for moderator? Would you assign moderators yourself and deal with all that drama of "corrupt mods" etc?

You can't give the KO4Life mods power there either (or at least not certain ones) because of their own bias.
    Seen it working in many communities, of different games.
    As for the mods, I guess we would have to be very careful? avoid of handing over powers to people who can't hold themselves from abusing it.

It'll be an headache, for sure, but an headache I am willing to take care of if there's a chance that it will turn out good.

About the trollers, will be an headache too but I figured that we could maybe give out normal user groups to allow users (who're planning to actually use it instead of trolling others) to move between channels/poke each other etc.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Seen it working in many communities, of different games.
    As for the mods, I guess we would have to be very careful? avoid of handing over powers to people who can't hold themselves from abusing it.

It'll be an headache, for sure, but an headache I am willing to take care of if there's a chance that it will turn out good.

About the trollers, will be an headache too but I figured that we could maybe give out normal user groups to allow users (who're planning to actually use it instead of trolling others) to move between channels/poke each other etc.
    I am not doubting that other games do this, I've seen it done in other games such as Planetside 2, the old MW2 scene had a TS3 like that as well; I certainly think it's a good idea for a small(ish) game like this where the community is dwindling, but the amount of trolls, we can both admit a lot of people would abuse this for no purpose other than "lele epik trolle Xd!". I could see it working one way, if you put a password on every single channel that is for clans (like if BadFamily wants a channel in your teamspeak, let them pick a password for their channels, give some of them channel admin for that group of channels), but you would have to manually deal with the people that go around trolling the public channels (like the trade ones, etc). You would probably have to assign some teamspeak server admins though, you would just have to go with safe bets to begin with though, like yourself, someone else (simson for example) and probably someone in the US timezone.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    I am not doubting that other games do this, I've seen it done in other games such as Planetside 2, the old MW2 scene had a TS3 like that as well; I certainly think it's a good idea for a small(ish) game like this where the community is dwindling, but the amount of trolls, we can both admit a lot of people would abuse this for no purpose other than "lele epik trolle Xd!". I could see it working one way, if you put a password on every single channel that is for clans (like if BadFamily wants a channel in your teamspeak, let them pick a password for their channels, give some of them channel admin for that group of channels), but you would have to manually deal with the people that go around trolling the public channels (like the trade ones, etc). You would probably have to assign some teamspeak server admins though, you would just have to go with safe bets to begin with though, like yourself, someone else (simson for example) and probably someone in the US timezone.
    That's the plan, as I said, won't be simple but it's something I'm willing to at least try, for the community.

Great idea. Just give each clan or group of people their own channel and make them admins of that channel. Can't see how trolls would effect that in anyway. Could even put a trade sub-channel within each group channel for trading or whatever to give that group of people more control on who enters etc.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Honestly, I'd want my clan members to spend their time in our clan teamspeak, that we control, talking to/ getting to know other clan members, more so than a community one, there is my opinion, good luck to you.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Great idea. Just give each clan or group of people their own channel and make them admins of that channel. Can't see how trolls would effect that in anyway. Could even put a trade sub-channel within each group channel for trading or whatever to give that group of people more control on who enters etc.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion, but please, vote .

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Honestly, I'd want my clan members to spend their time in our clan teamspeak, that we control, talking to/ getting to know other clan members, more so than a community one, there is my opinion, good luck to you.
    You're missing the point here, never said the entire teamspeak would be opened for anyone that just want to get into any channel.

Every clan could request their channel/sub-channels with an admin access to it and do whatever they like there, whether they decide to move to a public channel and chat with other users or not..that's their choice.

Biggest points in here are:
    1. The fact that it would be easier to communicate with other users in this community.

2. Reduce teamspeak's servers cost for pretty much any user, as I said, we might need to chip in every now and then but I can assure you that bottom line it would be a lot cheaper than sorting out a single teamspeak for 8~25member clan.
    For instance, a 25slot teamspeak will cost you roughly 10-13$ a month, I could actually get it for less and for more users. Me and my clan been customers of a specific official reseller which made it a lot easier for us at some point (after 4years in a row of being customers).

3. Would be easier to get a trade mod in some trades and I have a feeling some people would be a lot more afraid to scam if they knew someone could be recording them while attempting such a thing.

But well, thank you for sharing your opinion

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

I like the idea.
    Connecting people together.
    Its easier to sell items aswell as getting pk/exp/farm pts together.
    Not to mention host specific events for all dem crazy engliski peepz

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion, but please, vote .

You're missing the point here, never said the entire teamspeak would be opened for anyone that just want to get into any channel.

Every clan could request their channel/sub-channels with an admin access to it and do whatever they like there, whether they decide to move to a public channel and chat with other users or not..that's their choice.

Biggest points in here are:
    1. The fact that it would be easier to communicate with other users in this community.

2. Reduce teamspeak's servers cost for pretty much any user, as I said, we might need to chip in every now and then but I can assure you that bottom line it would be a lot cheaper than sorting out a single teamspeak for 8~25member clan.
    For instance, a 25slot teamspeak will cost you roughly 10-13$ a month, I could actually get it for less and for more users. Me and my clan been customers of a specific official reseller which made it a lot easier for us at some point (after 4years in a row of being customers).

3. Would be easier to get a trade mod in some trades and I have a feeling some people would be a lot more afraid to scam if they knew someone could be recording them while attempting such a thing.

But well, thank you for sharing your opinion
    Im not missing the point, and you didnt respond to my points either.

1) theres already like 15 steam groups for that, sure hopping down into another room would be a lot faster, but easier? eh.
    2) Most people dont mind paying the very small amount for a teamspeak server(speaking from personal experience here) I've already bought one for a year recently. Furthermore By owning a teamspeak you can kick people you want gone, ban people, set up any plug ins you want, all things that you wouldnt be able to do from a server ran by someone else.
    3) I agree witht hat, but being someone who doesn't deal with anything that needs a trade mod it doesn't help ME at all.

Keep in mind my reply isnt based ont he average user, it is based on MY personal opinions on it, many others will likely not feel the same way, I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Truffles and Smooth like this.

Fuck it, why not!

I already got a teamspeak server with many slots (can also add more servers etc) they been empty over four years so would be nice to have proper use for them =p So I am willing to offer one and own channels with personal passwords on request

It can also be free, but if people want support with few cents a month we don't mind but the host been up over 6 years for cod 4 and other servers like that so it's not going down anytime soon.

great idea

In theory you could do this by yourself without the need of this thread. Just post the address here and invite people to join and take care of the administration. Just by glancing this thread it kind of seemed like a request to call it a community team speak.

If done correctly, it would require massive amounts of attention from the moderators and Devile and I really don't see that happening. So I suggest you try do this on your own instead. Ask money for clan rooms and give channel admin to clan leaders or something like that. It doesn't require any work from the K4L moderators if you people really want this thing to happen. In other words, if you really want it then make it happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast