"Mr. Patel,

I do apologize for not contacting you sooner. Unfortunately, when contacting you the first time, it was to gather the information we needed to provide an investigation on our part. After the investigation, we have sufficient evidence that the correct decision was made on our part. At this time, no changes have been made to your account. I do appreciate your time in regards to this matter. Further issues will need to be addressed via our website at www.knightonlineworld.com. Thank you.

Brian Udarbe"

this is the new screp1 and he dont his head from his ass

i been emailing him back and forth about my hacked aja account and the items that were not restored

as per there own tos "premi customers will get a response within 24 hours and issue resolved within 72 hours" which i never even got a response in over 2 weeks so they are in breach of contract for that

i have filed a small claims civil suit in orange county, newport beach superiour court....they still dont care that they have to attend this and they still wont admit they broke there own tos

i will keep you all posted as to the court case....even if i dont win at least i can say i did something and tried....i will keep filing everytime something happens

i lost IN, WE, CE, dual flame rings, lycaon staff+7, hellblood+7 and completes +7 and they replaced them with completes+3 and a set of INT jewels+7

my claim goes in this Friday as i told him he has until then to fix it

also if you want this guys email [email protected] more then welcome

have a nice day tez