Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How come the DM don't atk KOXP?

This is a discussion on How come the DM don't atk KOXP? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Cecilia+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cecilia)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe tbh, selling your char for USD when you quit and havin someone buy it ...
Page: 2

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Cecilia+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cecilia)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe
    tbh, selling your char for USD when you quit and havin someone buy it is as bad as speeding or spitting gum out of the window.

Sure, its against the law but its not as bad as murder!! *Dam murderous KOSPeres.

Actually its more tantamount to bootlegging music off of limeware/former napster etc. You are getting a product that came from a 1st party source from a 3rd party source without the consent of this product being distributed by the 3rd party source. SO ACTUALLY, its a hell of a lot more criminal than speeding or spitting gum out the window. K2 just doesn't choose to do anything about it because there would have to be a lot of legal fees as well as enormous resources spent in time and energy to prosecute those involved. The only difference between this and the record industry is while its costing k2 maybe some premium money, bootlegging music costs the record industry millions uppon millions. Therefore K2 chooses not to spend more in legal fees than it would get in return for the lost premium. Its a cost benefit analysis at its core.[/b]
    lol thats a better example. But even music industries cant do much. I mean if you arent some crazy seeder, and you download an album every couple weeks, even if they know they wont do anything. Its not worth their time and money. But yea, i know what you mean.

Cleatus

Originally posted by Cecilia
    well like most things K2 doesn't care to put a stop to it. So.. many people will continue to do it just like many people cointinue to use koxp and dupe etc. They do it simply because there is little or no fear of being punished for the act. Morally, the bottom line is you shoudln't be doing it if its illegal to the game regardless.
    I plead ignorance.. and I promise.. I will never buy another charactor again

I really don't see the issue tho. TBH - we're all babashoppers irl.

I'm a HUGE offender. I have every gadget i can get my hands on. I have nice things, nice vehicles, live in a nice house ina nice area... some ppl i know don't have the "uniques" I have "babashopped" .. meh I got an education, and a good job, I work hard, and have put my time in.. they fak'd off.. I don't feel guilty about this at all.. the way i see it, this is no different than a big screen tv... I don't and haven't watched tv in iono.. years o0 - many ppl have a big tv in their home. I do not. I have lightning fast computers and the latest trends in clothing.. and a level 70 charactor.... is that really such a terrible thing?

If you can afford it, and you enjoy it.. why not? I think it is much worse to be late for work or skip class because you're trying to level and are completely addicted to a game, then to be able to enjoy it and put it down knowing it will be just the same tomorrow.

my $.02 anyhow.

Originally posted by Cleatus+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleatus)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia
    well like most things K2 doesn't care to put a stop to it. So.. many people will continue to do it just like many people cointinue to use koxp and dupe etc. They do it simply because there is little or no fear of being punished for the act. Morally, the bottom line is you shoudln't be doing it if its illegal to the game regardless.
    I plead ignorance.. and I promise.. I will never buy another charactor again

I really don't see the issue tho. TBH - we're all babashoppers irl.

I'm a HUGE offender. I have every gadget i can get my hands on. I have nice things, nice vehicles, live in a nice house ina nice area... some ppl i know don't have the "uniques" I have "babashopped" .. meh I got an education, and a good job, I work hard, and have put my time in.. they fak'd off.. I don't feel guilty about this at all.. the way i see it, this is no different than a big screen tv... I don't and haven't watched tv in iono.. years o0 - many ppl have a big tv in their home. I do not. I have lightning fast computers and the latest trends in clothing.. and a level 70 charactor.... is that really such a terrible thing?

If you can afford it, and you enjoy it.. why not? I think it is much worse to be late for work or skip class because you're trying to level and are completely addicted to a game, then to be able to enjoy it and put it down knowing it will be just the same tomorrow.

my $.02 anyhow.[/b]

Every example you gave with the exception of the lv 70 character you obtained by legal means and those are all fine you earned them and you bought/accquired them legally (at least I'd immagine you didn't go to some shady black market and buy something there). However when it comes to the lv 70 character you bought it from a source that did not recieve consent from the distrubutor (K2) to sell their product, making it an illegal purchase. If K2 were selling these characters at 70 like they sell scrolls nation transfers etc. then it would be perfectly fine and I would have no right to complain. But since you didn't thats why I am making a fuss (well acutally i'm not making a fuss i'm simply trying to explain this point of view to show why this activity is considered illegal).

QuIcK

If you can afford coke, and you have a nose... why not snort it?

well k2' has been like this since the start there policy used to be "your char has been delvl'd and 0np'd and will remain blocked we welcome u to make a new account" at this point ppl are jus buying +8 plates +7 iron x bow or +7 horn xbow and going out and having some fun when fun gets bored they name change buy daggers and create new forum account.

also with movies and shit only 16000 ppl have been summoned to court only ONE person has been prosecuted ! me and my m8 have seeded over 3 terabytes and who knows how much we've downloaded aint shit gunna happen

also wanted to add that alot of the ppl on these forums are ppl who bought fully geared lvl 62 chars off of gms way back :X back then k2 didn't give a shit about babashop only thing they had to say is if u bought items and u didn't get them they would not offer u customer support

Cleatus

hrmm.. one could argue tho that i do not actually own the charactor. I did not purchase anything tangible. what i have paid for is the rights to an account. This account has always been the property of K2. The game, it's programming, the charactors, remain the tangible and intellectual property of K2, the account is virtual. A login name, password, and secret answer is not tangible or intellectual property. It is merely information which does not interefere with K2, it's shareholders, agents, employees, and does not hinder it's business in anyway.

The examples I presented earlier were based more on ethics / morals / fairness.

I appreciate your explination and see your point. I'm not disagreeing with you, however playing devil's advocate. This would be an interesting lawsuit. A crafty attourney could swing the arguement in several directions. If a tree fell in the woods...

edit: For the purpose of clarification: The product, being the game, has not been sold. Access to the product has been sold.

I still plead i was ignorant. Forgive me

Cleatus

Originally posted by QuIcK
    If you can afford it, and you enjoy it.. why not? *I think it is much worse to be late for work or skip class because you're trying to level and are completely addicted to a game, then to be able to enjoy it and put it down knowing it will be just the same tomorrow. *

If you can afford coke, and you have a nose... why not snort it?
    Drugs are bad mmm kay.

nice effort at a quip tho.

QuIcK

1 minute ur saying drugs are bad mmkay next minute ur fired for giving weed to kids and you get kicked out of ur apt in an alley doing every drug imaginable then ur head is floating away like a balloon...

southpark > joo

Banned

Originally posted by Cecilia+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cecilia)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cleatus
    Instead, someone gets a level 70 character by some means and purchases items for USD, and owns with it. Not only that, he isn't a dick about it. He would often be accepted by the community instead of being labeled as the cheater he actually is.

can you expound on this pls? *I'm having a hard time with this logic. *In essence, by your logic, I am a cheater as I have purchased a relatively well equipped, level 70 charactor.

Is my assumption correct?

I would have to say yes since that would be a direct violation of the K2 TOS agreement that you click "Yes I agree" when you first load up your game after installation.[/b]
    actually your wrong.....yes its against "K2's tos" but guess what they themselves violate there own tos in which they state premi customers will get a response within 24 hours when putting in a cs ticket.....guess what missy.....they never do for anyone....let alone actually fix something fast enough....one time out of a 100 they fix something within 24 hours or respond within 24 hours....so when k2 can honor there OWN fcking tos i think we all should until then dont bring k2 tos into this discussion

as far as buying for usd chars and items.....its same as converting coins.....if u do what i do....i make coins sell them for usd to people who dont have any then use that usd from the coins to buy items and resell the items for more coins and continue the cycle...that is smart busines....and i am using coins if u look at it from the point that that usd once in coin form

Cleatus

Originally posted by QuIcK
    1 minute ur saying drugs are bad mmkay next minute ur fired for giving weed to kids and you get kicked out of ur apt in an alley doing every drug imaginable then ur head is floating away like a balloon...

southpark > joo
    ROFL

Cleatus

wait wait wait stop!!!

Please this is converstaion.. please dont' make it an arguement :unsure:

:wub: :wub: :wub: tez

Banned

Originally posted by Cleatus
    wait wait wait stop!!!

Please this is converstaion.. please dont' make it an arguement * :unsure:

:wub: *:wub: *:wub: tez
    well sorry that shit really pisses me off when someone brings up k2 tos......what the fuck kind of company expects us to follow there rule when they dont follow there own.....

STFU and dont bring up k2 or there tos EVER

make ur point in some other way as far as calling me or him a babashoper and we didnt earn our shit by farming......for me guess FU cause i did...i just farmed things diff made more than 500 gbs in past year and laundered those gbs for usd then bought and resold items ....so what did i do...all did was recyle

Cleatus

Dude.. I worked my arse off for my char. 60 hours a week sometimes.

Banned

Originally posted by Cleatus
    Dude.. I worked my arse off for my char. *60 hours a week sometimes. *
    not to mention i have leveled many chars to 65 from level 1 and then leveled a warrior from 65 - 70 so its all the same

dont worry cletus its all good some people just think in there own world and expect to think there same morals.

if u can sleep at night then fuck them all i know i can

Cleatus

"if u can sleep at night"

Like a baby dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast