Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Knight Online on Windows Vista?

This is a discussion on Knight Online on Windows Vista? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; vista sucks microsoft sucks /uninstall...
Page: 2

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

vista sucks microsoft sucks

/uninstall

SomeDude

Originally posted by phantomlink
    considering how with vista you cant burn any cds or dvds..... ya
    umm what? since when cant you burn cds and dvd's with vista? whoever told you that doesnt know what they are talking about

Banned Senior Member

unless they changed it in one of the releases you couldn't run any software which allowed you to burn to a cd/dvd

SomeDude

i dont know why they would do that, since burning DVDs/CDs is not illegal

Banned Senior Member

To their own frustration and to the frustration of their users, big CD/DVD burning companies Roxio, Alcohol and Ahead Software (makers of Nero) are facing a huge problem in getting their software packages to work with Vista.

According to Alcohol Soft, the maker of Alcohol 52% and 120%, Microsoft is blocking its ability to ensure compatibility:

* *They have actually placed a hard block on the device drivers for the time being, to stop the virtual drives from loading. It is more than likely in place to help them beta test Vista without having reports from beta users regarding virtual drives, which might complicate things. We are working with them at the moment to ensure there are no incompatibility problems in the future.

As a result, "As of this time Alcohol 120% will not work in Windows Vista Beta, although we do hope to support it once we get past the RC1 release and further," Alcohol Soft says.

Roxio and Nero cannot be definite about the compatibility of their product either

SomeDude

well i didnt know about that, but windows media player has CD burning software built in, and i bet that works since it is made by microsoft. i thought when you said you cant burn DVDs and CDs i thought you ment that the CD/DVD burning drives didnt work with vista, but it makes sence that the software isnt compatible with it.

Originally posted by SomeDude+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomeDude)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-phantomlink
    umm what? since when cant you burn cds and dvd's with vista? whoever told you that doesnt know what they are talking about[/b]
    I think you should just shut up now. It's obvious your simply pulling strings now. I've tested every build of Vista personally. I know quite a bit about it and how it works. Having said that, Vista (RC1) does not allow CD/DVD burning software such as Roxio, Nero, as well as many others, to be installed on the computer. The only way to burn a CD is to find either an obscure CD burning software or get an old version of Nero that happens to work.

Also, thats what I was talking about. I don't care if WMP can burn CD's. I don't want to use WMP to burn things, so I shouldn't have to. Last time I checked, this computer I bought was mine, I should be allowed to install/uninstall whatever I want when I feel like it. To further destroy your point, it makes NO sense whatsoever to disallow burning software. Does Apple disallow certain burning software for their OS? Nope, you can install/uninstall whatever you want. And if it's a computability issue, then I suggest Microsoft fix it rather then disallowing "custom" CD/DVD burning software.

SomeDude

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    Originally posted by SomeDude@

umm what? since when cant you burn cds and dvd's with vista? whoever told you that doesnt know what they are talking about
    I think you should just shut up now. It's obvious your simply pulling strings now. I've tested every build of Vista personally. I know quite a bit about it and how it works. Having said that, Vista (RC1) does not allow CD/DVD burning software such as Roxio, Nero, as well as many others, to be installed on the computer. The only way to burn a CD is to find either an obscure CD burning software or get an old version of Nero that happens to work.

Also, thats what I was talking about. I don't care if WMP can burn CD's. I don't want to use WMP to burn things, so I shouldn't have to. Last time I checked, this computer I bought was mine, I should be allowed to install/uninstall whatever I want when I feel like it. To further destroy your point, it makes NO sense whatsoever to disallow burning software. Does Apple disallow certain burning software for their OS? Nope, you can install/uninstall whatever you want. And if it's a computability issue, then I suggest Microsoft fix it rather then disallowing "custom" CD/DVD burning software.[/b]
    i must have missed the part where it says that microsoft has disallowed it, in that artical phantom posted it says that it is a compatiblity issue and that is to be expected with a brand new operating system. but do you really think when the final build of vista is released there wont be any CD burning software? i hihgly doubt that

Originally posted by SomeDude+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomeDude)</div>
    Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)
    <!--QuoteBegin-SomeDude
    @

Also, thats what I was talking about. I don't care if WMP can burn CD's. I don't want to use WMP to burn things, so I shouldn't have to. Last time I checked, this computer I bought was mine, I should be allowed to install/uninstall whatever I want when I feel like it. To further destroy your point, it makes NO sense whatsoever to disallow burning software. Does Apple disallow certain burning software for their OS? Nope, you can install/uninstall whatever you want. And if it's a computability issue, then I suggest Microsoft fix it rather then disallowing "custom" CD/DVD burning software.[/b]
    i must have missed the part where it says that microsoft has disallowed it, in that artical phantom posted it says that it is a compatiblity issue and that is to be expected with a brand new operating system. but do you really think when the final build of vista is released there wont be any CD burning software? i hihgly doubt that[/b][/quote]

Knowing Microsoft and how the company works, you highly doubt they would do something like that? Who else is betting on a Service Pack in the first year or less of Vista?

agressor

i have it now since 2 weeks on my new pc and it works fine you can burn cd's/dvd's without any problems

next to all my programms are running on vista. ko wont work... its the only 1.

guys you should test Vista b 4 you start talking bullshit ... why should i uninstall it... its the best xp ever...

wraith86

Originally posted by phantomlink
    unless they changed it in one of the releases you couldn't run any software which allowed you to burn to a cd/dvd
    so you cant run windows media player with vista?

SomeDude

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    Originally posted by SomeDude+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomeDude)
    Originally posted by Shurt
    <!--QuoteBegin-SomeDude
    @

Also, thats what I was talking about. I don't care if WMP can burn CD's. I don't want to use WMP to burn things, so I shouldn't have to. Last time I checked, this computer I bought was mine, I should be allowed to install/uninstall whatever I want when I feel like it. To further destroy your point, it makes NO sense whatsoever to disallow burning software. Does Apple disallow certain burning software for their OS? Nope, you can install/uninstall whatever you want. And if it's a computability issue, then I suggest Microsoft fix it rather then disallowing "custom" CD/DVD burning software.
    i must have missed the part where it says that microsoft has disallowed it, in that artical phantom posted it says that it is a compatiblity issue and that is to be expected with a brand new operating system. but do you really think when the final build of vista is released there wont be any CD burning software? i hihgly doubt that[/b]
    Knowing Microsoft and how the company works, you highly doubt they would do something like that? Who else is betting on a Service Pack in the first year or less of Vista?[/b][/quote]
    of course there will be a service pack with in the first year, no software can be written so it works with everyones computers flawlessly at first, so they release vista collect all the bugs and problems with it and fix it.

Originally posted by agressor
    i have it now since 2 weeks on my new pc and it works fine you can burn cd's/dvd's without any problems

next to all my programms are running on vista. ko wont work... its the only 1.

guys you should test Vista b 4 you start talking bullshit ... why should i uninstall it... its the best xp ever...
    I don't know which version you have then. Windows Vista RC1 does not allow any CD/DVD burning software other then very obscure software names or old software. For example, the newest version of Nero does not work, but a version from last year works just fine.

Naturally it will be crappy as RC1 compared to a fine tuned Windows Xp, but I actually love Vista and pretty much everything works for me except my Sound Blaster driver haha. Wait til the final release that's coming out shortly in the new year. My friend who works at Microsoft will get me a free copy :P I'm so sick of dealing with the pirated versions of Windows.

I actually haven't tried burning with Vista yet, but Shurt I highly doubt the O/S itself does not allow burning, it could be some people's recorder models that are not 100% compatible. As I mentioned, my Sound Blaster doesn't work while I have friends whose Sound Blaster does, it's akward. Either way, I love Vista, it's code architecture is superior to prior operating systems. Just give it time :P

Originally posted by Adis
    Naturally it will be crappy as RC1 compared to a fine tuned Windows Xp, but I actually love Vista and pretty much everything works for me except my Sound Blaster driver haha. Wait til the final release that's coming out shortly in the new year. My friend who works at Microsoft will get me a free copy :P I'm so sick of dealing with the pirated versions of Windows.

I actually haven't tried burning with Vista yet, but Shurt I highly doubt the O/S itself does not allow burning, it could be some people's recorder models that are not 100% compatible. As I mentioned, my Sound Blaster doesn't work while I have friends whose Sound Blaster does, it's akward. Either way, I love Vista, it's code architecture is superior to prior operating systems. Just give it time :P
    No, it's an OS thing. I tried it on another computer with a CD burner and it wouldn't let me install any newer versions of Nero or Roxio on it, dunno why. Btw, my Sound Blaster card works fine under Vista

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast