Okay guys- I need some help- ripped off via paypal

This is a discussion on Okay guys- I need some help- ripped off via paypal within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I sent STARTOVER from ko4life 300 usd for a lvl 70 rogue after he showed me all of the items ...
Page: 1

Aba

Default Okay guys- I need some help- ripped off via paypal

I sent STARTOVER from ko4life 300 usd for a lvl 70 rogue after he showed me all of the items he said it had, the coins, etc

the reason I trusted such a low postcount is because he msn'd me from a name already on my list, and actually I bought a chitin +8 set from him, no problems.

this part of our convo pretty much sums it up- but I have the entire convo saved if needed.

[17:01] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): I already have the transaction all typed up
    [17:01] MrAltun: user: *******
    pass: ********
    [17:02] MrAltun: normally i wont do that but i understand u
    [17:02] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): k
    [17:02] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): sending money
    [17:02] MrAltun: log first pls
    [17:02] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): I did
    [17:03] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): k
    [17:03] MrAltun: let me chk pls
    [17:04] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): sending it now
    [17:04] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): okay money sent
    [17:04] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): You have sent a payment! An email has been sent to the recipient.
    [17:04] MrAltun: accepting
    [17:05] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): soo...secret answer?
    [17:05] MrAltun: secret: theslawyer
    [17:06] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): k
    [17:06] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): thanks bro
    [17:06] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X):
    [17:07] Professionally Unprofessional (Abalos)(nickandyhead)(X1X): good transaction
    [17:07] *** "MrAltun" signed off at Fri Nov 17 17:07:28 2006.

at this point I was disconnected from the game (on his account) and logged off the ko website. He definitely scammed me.

So, I charged back

Your Dispute is Open

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. We'll let you know by email when the seller responds.

You'll be able to review the seller's response, post new messages to the seller, and track this dispute in the Resolution Center.

Dispute Timeline

You and the seller have 20 calendar days to resolve this dispute. Your dispute will automatically close on Dec. 7, 2006 unless you or the seller escalate it to a PayPal claim.

By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the dispute and decide the outcome. We will email you a reminder when the deadline is approaching. Once a dispute is closed, it cannot be re-opened or escalated to a claim.

To learn more about how the dispute process works, review our step-by-step Resolution Center Tutorials.

now I need someone who knows what they're doing to tell me exactly what I can do to make sure I get my money back. I have never charged back before so I'm not sure where to go from here.

do I escalate to a paypal claim or w/e it is?

"By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the dispute and decide the outcome."

that means they look at it, and dont give your money back because items on a internet game are intangible, and cannot be proved or whatever, so it means your screwed, my friend lost 600 when it escalated it to a paypal claim

Aba

okay, I didn't think it would be a good idea

Banned Senior Member

might have to do what Waku and Aqu did, since this is the same person who charged them back. Sadly I had them in my clan till we disbanded, old name used to be 0wner on the forums I believe ( he bought StabWoundz )

Might have to end up calling paypal to sort it out that way

ultimaliaz

hes a well-known scammer dwd ;(

Aba

yes, thats the character he tried to sell me. StabWoundz. I was on the char and everything.

FatM4n

talk to your credit card and they chargeback his account, maybe work, I hope you didn't write virtual items if so you screwed

4ever2gether

or if u wrote shit like fuck me in ass,then u r screwed too

Originally posted by Icemat
    "By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the dispute and decide the outcome."

that means they look at it, and dont give your money back because items on a internet game are intangible, and cannot be proved or whatever, so it means your screwed, my friend lost 600 when it escalated it to a paypal claim
    Not true.. it's supposed to be that way.. but when i got charged back from Nas, i called Paypal and they said virtual items warrant no seller protection.. But i managed to get them to look more thoroughly into it by providing more evidence.. Still underway.. But yes their ToS contradict themselves.

KokoGG

thats why you shouldent spend usd for a character/items on a game -_-

P1kin

OWNED hahahahahaa teach u a lesson nub?

Auria

Default Re: Okay guys- I need some help- ripped off via paypal

Originally posted by Aba

at this point I was disconnected from the game (on his account) and logged off the ko website. He definitely scammed me. *

Well, you know my own stories of being ripped off via KO, so I feel for you.

Having dealt with someone who charged back on me after I delivered 15gb to them, my personal vote is that PayPal will end up siding with you. They are taking a harder look at this lately, but generally, PayPal still takes the position that if the seller cannot prove the delivery, then the dispute goes to the buyer. In my case I actually provided a crapload of evidence that the 15gb was in fact delivered online, but PayPal didn't care. What they wanted was something physical, like a postal receipt, UPS claim, etc. This guy won't be able to provide it, so you should end up with your money back eventually.

Other than getting scammed, how's it going?

Athelio

Well I'm an expert on getting screwed

I bought from E-bay a lvl 70 priest. I payed $250 for the char. a great deal mind you. The char was loaded. I waited and waited for "Andrew Anderson" to turn over the char and to no suprise he didn't turn it over. I had to wait 10 days to start the dispute, then another 20 days before the results. The seller never responded to the dispute and lost the case. I got my money back. I didn't need any proof other then my word against his. He never responded so he lost. I did have plenty of corespondence from "Andrew Anderson" and myself. When on E-bay you take your chances. He was banned from selling again. The good thing about paypal is you do have recourse if you ge screwed the bad thing is you won't get all your money back and the process takes time. These folks will go out of their way to get their money back. E-bay requires a credit card or some other form of account information before you can buy or sell. Either way you will get what you payed for or your money back.