Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kallop

Old BDW ( BRING IT BACK!! )

This is a discussion on Old BDW ( BRING IT BACK!! ) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I really hate this "NEW", i saw new because i havent played in over 6 years but still, this bdw ...
Page: 1

Default Old BDW ( BRING IT BACK!! )

I really hate this "NEW", i saw new because i havent played in over 6 years but still, this bdw style sucks. Everyone leaves after dieing 1 time. I miss when people woild actually try and fight. Not run and hide or cry because they lost.

that wouldn't fix it. you'd have to bring those "old" players to change it

Yeah, it's not so much about the game mode, but the players changing. People can tell if it's possible to win or not based on the first couple minutes.

I personally think it's the generation of gamers. This type of players populates the majority of many MMORPGs, like world of warcraft. Far away are the days where you had to actually work for your items

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    I personally think it's the generation of gamers. This type of players populates the majority of many MMORPGs, like world of warcraft. Far away are the days where you had to actually work for your items
    It's also because players have so much knowledge about games in general. It's super easy to be efficient when you just take the time to process the knowledge available to you and understand the mechanics and limitations of a game. In the past you could be doing something completely idiotic, because it FELT okay. So once you learn how to play efficiently, you stop doing things that feel like a waste of time. A lot of games have taken this direction and for some reason a lot of games have gotten a bit easier in the process, but there are plenty of games that stick to their guns and are pretty hard for any player.

It's just a different mentality to design a game that is meant to be challenging, when thousands and thousands of people dig through everything and find the best way of playing and beating the game. I've recently gone back to Oldschool Runescape for some fun, where they released a new "solo" mode some years ago. In PoE they have Solo self-found, which is the same concept. The idea is that you cannot get help from other players, making the game harder. But I've literally never felt like playing alone was a challenge, because I can just google the best way of achieving something.

Now to bring this back to KO, it's a waste of time and NPs to try and win BDW if your team isn't good enough, because it's more efficient to just loose quickly than to struggle and keep the game going longer. You'll loose anyway so why waste more time? Most players are good enough to carry their weight somewhat, so winning alone isn't a thing. I used to be able to carry BDWs back in the day, getting like 70-80% of our party's kills on my own, but I don't expect that to be possible anymore without having 10x better gear than the enemy team.
    N4v4rr0 likes this.

Also comes down to the fact that there are multiple times more afk-chars in BDW's trying to leech free chests.

Little archer Senior Member

Also, bdw "adjusts" player items, so even if you had full +10s, you still would hit the same as random guy #235245. It is impossible to solo carry bdw.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Also, bdw "adjusts" player items, so even if you had full +10s, you still would hit the same as random guy #235245. It is impossible to solo carry bdw.
    Wait, since when has this been a thing? That's actually pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    It's been a while i think. It's not cool when all warrs are rolling with scythes.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Cool? How is that cool in any way imaginable lol. It's such a far cry from what KO used to be (outlevel & outgear your way to the top).

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Cool? How is that cool in any way imaginable lol. It's such a far cry from what KO used to be (outlevel & outgear your way to the top).
    Well it's just an event. I don't care about BDW not being gear dependent.

were is the bdw for lvl 80 + for another reward green or blue chest