Return after 7+ Years

This is a discussion on Return after 7+ Years within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, My name is KingPin, or at least, my former USKO game name. I used to play this game back ...
Page: 1

Default Return after 7+ Years

Hi,

My name is KingPin, or at least, my former USKO game name. I used to play this game back from 2005/6 to 2008-2009 quite intensely. I quit many years ago due to the uninhibited cheating and Pay 2 Win philosophy of Knight Online. I see several years later, these principles still remain as I cannot even open up merchants' offerings without verifying my account (which costs 5 NP points).

Anyways, when I left, I was a level 66 warrior on Beramus in the clan Panthera -- if anyone from that clan is still on this forum (which is a long shot), please get in touch with me.

Sadly, I lost all my items somehow, and my account got transferred to Diez 1, don't know what happened to Beramus..I used to have all Chitin Shell +7 armor along with a Rebirth +1 (equivalent to +7) Raptor, and over 900 million noah -- all of which is gone somehow. More so, after logging into my account today for the first time in 7 years, I see that I'm somehow level 75...seriously...what's going on here?

I do not plan on playing this game again, I was just curious to see how things were, and I'm somewhat disappointed that I lost all my items/noah during what seems to have been a server transfer.

This game is/was great, but the creators are terrible human beings who ruined it through greed and lust. I highly suggest you all check out other MMO's, you can even play World of Warcraft for free via private servers.

***Note: My post was deleted from the official knight online forums -- I remembered this place from my KO days, though at that time, it was called "ko4life". It seems the creators/administrators do not want any negative points made on the game -- I'm curious to see if this forum lets my thread stand.***

Little archer Senior Member

Hi

Somebody probably robbed you. Your account is on a different server because there were multiple merges due to the game's decaying activity. Don't worry though, you didn't lose much by today's standards. There are new armors and weapons that make a shell +7 / raptor +7 combo seem like starter gear.

Yes, KO as a mmo fails horribly. People still play it for the nostalgia, server release hype, treating it as a job to make money (really, some do this) and last but not least because the pvp is kinda fun.

To follow up on what you said, yes, even 7 years later the developers still heavily favor a pay2win style of business with several flaws, all oriented to making as much money as possible with the least amount of effort. Did you know that KO was released on steam? Despite making millions of $ in revenue, they still couldn't free the game of cheaters let alone develop a proper anti-cheating measure / program... not to mention the horrible lag that intermittently ruined any resemblance of fun you may have wanted to find in there.

Nothing changes, in the end. Good luck in your future gaming endeavors

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Hi

Somebody probably robbed you. Your account is on a different server because there were multiple merges due to the game's decaying activity. Don't worry though, you didn't lose much by today's standards. There are new armors and weapons that make a shell +7 / raptor +7 combo seem like starter gear.

Yes, KO as a mmo fails horribly. People still play it for the nostalgia, server release hype, treating it as a job to make money (really, some do this) and last but not least because the pvp is kinda fun.

To follow up on what you said, yes, even 7 years later the developers still heavily favor a pay2win style of business with several flaws, all oriented to making as much money as possible with the least amount of effort. Did you know that KO was released on steam? Despite making millions of $ in revenue, they still couldn't free the game of cheaters let alone develop a proper anti-cheating measure / program... not to mention the horrible lag that intermittently ruined any resemblance of fun you may have wanted to find in there.

Nothing changes, in the end. Good luck in your future gaming endeavors

I wonder how I got robbed O_o, seriously, KO really sucks.

I came back, briefly, precisely due to the nostalgia and boy did I feel it when that Moradon music came on. I just sat there for 5-10 minutes reminiscing about the good ol' days. I figured my old gear is nothing in comparison to what people have now -- I see people selling Iron Belts, Iron Necklaces, ROC +2 and above, Chitin Shell +21 (rebirth), Raptors +21 (rebirth), etc..which I wouldn't have dreamed of seeing back in 2009.

I also see that US-KO has finally/truly become Turkish-KO as I could not find a single person with an English name or an English clan. This, paired with the fact that I have no noah solidify my inability to return. I did notice that the game was on steam, but I'm assuming the steam servers are in no way connected with the USKO ones (?) Therefore, I don't want to start from scratch, grinding on this game is not even remotely enjoyable.

So, I'll probably have to check out some KO private servers, though, since this game is not nearly as popular, there isn't much of a selection. I'm curious to know if anyone here has any good ones, preferably strictly PvP? I don't have time to farm/grind for gear or levels and would prefer just to jump into the action. Something old school too would be great, I don't understand the new "crafting" bullsh_t, but then again, I only looked at it for about 20 seconds. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Username321 View Post
    I wonder how I got robbed O_o, seriously, KO really sucks.

I came back, briefly, precisely due to the nostalgia and boy did I feel it when that Moradon music came on. I just sat there for 5-10 minutes reminiscing about the good ol' days. I figured my old gear is nothing in comparison to what people have now -- I see people selling Iron Belts, Iron Necklaces, ROC +2 and above, Chitin Shell +21 (rebirth), Raptors +21 (rebirth), etc..which I wouldn't have dreamed of seeing back in 2009.

I also see that US-KO has finally/truly become Turkish-KO as I could not find a single person with an English name or an English clan. This, paired with the fact that I have no noah solidify my inability to return. I did notice that the game was on steam, but I'm assuming the steam servers are in no way connected with the USKO ones (?) Therefore, I don't want to start from scratch, grinding on this game is not even remotely enjoyable.

So, I'll probably have to check out some KO private servers, though, since this game is not nearly as popular, there isn't much of a selection. I'm curious to know if anyone here has any good ones, preferably strictly PvP? I don't have time to farm/grind for gear or levels and would prefer just to jump into the action. Something old school too would be great, I don't understand the new "crafting" bullsh_t, but then again, I only looked at it for about 20 seconds. =P
    Well you should play private servers from now on all those new servers will die in like 3months and private servers wont cost alot of money..

Hi,

My name is KingPin, or at least, my former USKO game name. I used to play this game back from 2005/6 to 2008-2009 quite intensely. I quit many years ago due to the uninhibited cheating and Pay 2 Win philosophy of Knight Online. I see several years later, these principles still remain as I cannot even open up merchants' offerings without verifying my account (which costs 5 NP points).

Anyways, when I left, I was a level 66 warrior on Beramus in the clan Panthera -- if anyone from that clan is still on this forum (which is a long shot), please get in touch with me.

Sadly, I lost all my items somehow, and my account got transferred to Diez 1, don't know what happened to Beramus..I used to have all Chitin Shell +7 armor along with a Rebirth +1 (equivalent to +7) Raptor, and over 900 million noah -- all of which is gone somehow. More so, after logging into my account today for the first time in 7 years, I see that I'm somehow level 75...seriously...what's going on here?

I do not plan on playing this game again, I was just curious to see how things were, and I'm somewhat disappointed that I lost all my items/noah during what seems to have been a server transfer.

This game is/was great, but the creators are terrible human beings who ruined it through greed and lust. I highly suggest you all check out other MMO's, you can even play World of Warcraft for free via private servers.

***Note: My post was deleted from the official knight online forums -- I remembered this place from my KO days, though at that time, it was called "ko4life". It seems the creators/administrators do not want any negative points made on the game -- I'm curious to see if this forum lets my thread stand.***
    I remember Panthera. Although, they were rather inactive when I was playing. Didn't oOfrankyOo play with you at least on his RLB sin? Can't remember many names from your clan though. Funny how you happen to share a name with a good friend/clannie of mine lol. There's a guy who goes by the name of Pin/KingPin browsing these forums lol.

Well, databases where horrible at the time and information usually got lost. I heard many people complaining because someone stole their items. Or it might be one of your sharers or smth, anyhow, as Razor said those items are consider items to start playing. Steam KO is gonna release a new server next week only for english and spanish speakers (no turkish is what they've promised). Why don't you just try to check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo21 View Post
    Well, databases where horrible at the time and information usually got lost. I heard many people complaining because someone stole their items. Or it might be one of your sharers or smth, anyhow, as Razor said those items are consider items to start playing. Steam KO is gonna release a new server next week only for english and spanish speakers (no turkish is what they've promised). Why don't you just try to check it out?
    There were major security flaws in the past. I've spoken with people claiming they could log any account in USKO during one massive hacking spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    There were major security flaws in the past. I've spoken with people claiming they could log any account in USKO during one massive hacking spree.
    Yes, at that time, that's why I quit back then in 2012 or so. In terms on security, steam is more reliable and way more secure, that's why I returned. Koxpers and TPT are just a plague overtime but I don't really remember if it was that bad by the 2008-2012.

Yes, at that time, that's why I quit back then in 2012 or so. In terms on security, steam is more reliable and way more secure, that's why I returned. Koxpers and TPT are just a plague overtime but I don't really remember if it was that bad by the 2008-2012.
    just to clarify, steam only provide a security to your account, and towards your donations etc. It has no impact in the game itself or how the in-game cheats work. Steam is just a platform it's still up to the NTT or whatever the company is called (I still dont know) to handle that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I remember Panthera. Although, they were rather inactive when I was playing. Didn't oOfrankyOo play with you at least on his RLB sin? Can't remember many names from your clan though. Funny how you happen to share a name with a good friend/clannie of mine lol. There's a guy who goes by the name of Pin/KingPin browsing these forums lol.
    Yes, I recognize that name o0Franky0o, I honestly can't remember if he played a mage or a sin/rogue. If you want more names, Zblorg_Taurek, one of the more well known warriors on Beramus made a rather long post on this forum more than 8 years ago when he quit -- link here: I'm quiting, Zblorg_Tuarek is out

As others have said, I'm going to check out a private server or two -- I downloaded one of them but my antivirus program picked up several trojans/spyware -- I'm sure this is for their "security systems", but I honestly don't trust anything Knight Online, even if it's a private server. I guess I'll have to just move on and completely forget about KO, I'm so saddened to see it's nothing like it was before.

not the database was horrible, the developers were and still are horrible

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    not the database was horrible, the developers were and still are horrible
    I don't normally agree with Diver but what he speaks is true,

dont back to ko bro, u will lose ur life//time//money//tolerance//

Yes, I recognize that name o0Franky0o, I honestly can't remember if he played a mage or a sin/rogue. If you want more names, Zblorg_Taurek, one of the more well known warriors on Beramus made a rather long post on this forum more than 8 years ago when he quit -- link here: I'm quiting, Zblorg_Tuarek is out

As others have said, I'm going to check out a private server or two -- I downloaded one of them but my antivirus program picked up several trojans/spyware -- I'm sure this is for their "security systems", but I honestly don't trust anything Knight Online, even if it's a private server. I guess I'll have to just move on and completely forget about KO, I'm so saddened to see it's nothing like it was before.
    Well I've played private servers for good 5-6 years now and I've had no problems so far. Up to you anyway. The trojans existed in USKO back in the day as well, because I remember not being able to play because XTrap was considered a virus by my anti-virus