I'm sure a some of you may have a few questions about the site, what happened and why it took so long to get it back up. I'll try to explain a few things here.

What happened?
DDoS attack as usual.

Aren't u protected against that already?
Yes, but that protection needs securing your web in certain way so the protection is effective. I did a lot of changes in the server and the forum a LONG time ago to make sure we were safe, but I left something and someone figure it out and was able to DDoS us again.

Why did it take so long?
Because I had to first figure out what I fucked up and fix it. Then get a new host. That takes a lot of time that I didn't have in the first place because of real life responsibilities.

Couldn't someone else do this?
Name 1 person with good Linux skills who has experience with this kind of things (linux security, ddos, php, vbulletin, etc) and who is trustworthy. Is not just about knowing your way around the forum admin panel. It's far more than that. DDoSing and attacking is something any kid can do. Protecting yourself against them without spending a TON of money, that's a whole different story and takes time and knowledge.

Who did this?
Take your pick. DDoS are distributed and very hard to track. Can't really tell who is behind this. I may have some ideas, but no hard evidence. Do I need evidence to ban ppl I think were behind this? Not really

Are we gonna go offline again?
No idea. I really hope not. I spent a lot of time I didn't have, trying to secure the site. I'm sure the guy behind the DDoS won't stop, but lets cross our fingers and hope I found all the ways he had to screw the site.

You promised X and we still got nothing
I apologize for that. Is not a matter of not caring about the site. If I didn't care, this site would have disappeared years ago. Is a matter of time vs real life responsibilities. Things keep changing and whenever I think I got the time to fully dedicate to this site, I get dragged to a ton of things and I can't prioritize this. Sure, sounds like a bunch of excuses, but that's how things are. No excuses, just the truth. I've even paid for several things to setup long time ago but never had the time to set them up.

A new admin will fix this?
If he is skilled and has knowledge of the stuff I mentioned in the 4th question, sure, but most ppl just know how to use the forum tool and not much more. Not to mention I've been backstabbed and betrayed quite a few times, enough to have a lot of trust issues. Doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions, but if he is not skilled, I'll end up doing most of the work, so whats the point then?

Any plans on leaving?
Not for the moment. I log on a daily basis, tho I don't post.

Search is broken?
Yes. I'm working on it. Should be fixed later today.

If u guys have any questions, shoot.