It's been a while since I post something that really matters in this website. For the past years, I've been inactive and the site has been slowly dying. Mods and Admins have done pretty much everything they could, but without someone who can actually add stuff to the platform, there isn't much they can do. Obviously, the fact a lot of admins/mods don't play the games the site is focused on doesn't help either, but still, there's a ton of things that the community has requested and I haven't added because I have other priorities besides G4L/KO4Life.
Well, that's about to change. I don't have a specific date yet, but in the upcoming days/weeks I will be migrating this site to Xenforo, a different forum software which is a lot better than vBulletin in many ways. vBulletin development is not only dead and extremely bugged, but a huge part of its mod community has abandoned them and moved to Xenforo. This means we will lose some features and will have to adjust to how this new software works, but we will also gain a lot of new stuff that will help improve your experience.
- Why should we believe you now after so long? Not asking anyone to believe me. Already invested $300 in licensing and mods for the site. This will happen regardless of anyone believing me or not.
- The site is dead, too late!!! I dont care. This will be done anyway. I know there are quite a few here and will probably like the changes. Who knows
- Will you finally add a feedback system for trades? Yes, this will be part of the changes.
- Shoutbox, chat? Yes, I'll add that too. No idea which flavor tho, but there will be a shoutbox for the forum.
- Will our passwords change? No
- Will our post count change? Yes, but the way I see it, post count won't be that important anymore.
- Do you have a list of changes? Not yet, but as soon as I have one, I'll make it public.
- Please add X feature/mod? I'll be reading this topic almost daily. I can't promise I'll add everything requested but if it makes sense and its something most need, I'll see if it can be added.
- What's the current status? Just started and there's already a test site up, fully migrated with all users, posts, avatars, etc. I've opened a twitter account so you guys can see what's going on: @Official_G4L. I don't tweet shit 24x7, just important stuff about the site. Also, this will help you know when we are down cause of DDoS attacks, hosting maintenance, etc.
- Is there an ETA? Not yet. Is too soon to tell, but I wan't this done ASAP. Biggest challenge is make sure we keep our URLs. Once that's covered, I'll test the mods we need and make sure the cosmetic side is ok. Most likely this will happen this month, but it depends on my availability.
- Glad to see you active again, can you help me out with X? No. Please contact any mod or admin. I'm focused on this and I don't have time for general day to day tasks.
If you have suggestions, all are welcome.