Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What does FTW mean?

This is a discussion on What does FTW mean? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; what does FFS mean? For Fucks Sake?...
Page: 2

Diler

what does FFS mean? For Fucks Sake?

wako0

yes

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

Originally posted by Diler
    what does FFS mean? For Fucks Sake?
    Flowers for Sully

Diler

Originally posted by wako0
    yes
    thx.

AndTheHeroFails

FPScan mean like First Perosn Shooter(s). <_<

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

As i remember ftw started when P0w3r0ut4ge said it in vent, forums. Pretty much everwhere.......i miss that guy

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by TempesT
    As i remember ftw started when P0w3r0ut4ge said it in vent, forums. Pretty much everwhere.......i miss that guy *
    :P ftw is in practically every gaming society. My friend that i met in univeresity who plays Natural Selection (some game like CS but with aliens and humans) said it before.

AnTiViruS

Originally posted by Icemat
    i use it for fuck the what
    Same

Originally posted by TempesT
    As i remember ftw started when P0w3r0ut4ge said it in vent, forums. Pretty much everwhere.......i miss that guy *
    It goes at least as far back as the old CS/TFC fps'. May even go as far back as Quake III.

the phrase ftw is old as hell in the gaming community, and comes from (IMO) an old basketball sportscaster, who's name eludes me. (any old bastards or sports history buffs help me plz) he had a pretty dramatic voice and would always say it in an intense game. . "he shoots from the outside. . . .. FOR THE WIN!!!"

I first saw it in gaming while playing quake paintball mods back in the day. . Who knows if this is where the saying comes from ^_^ this is just what was understood cause we all remembered the guy.
    If in fact, this is common knowledge. . or completely wrong, sorry. . correct me. . .i'm just trying to help the kid.

AlwaysSayDie

Originally posted by ChanTicO
    the phrase ftw is old as hell in the gaming community, and comes from (IMO) an old basketball sportscaster, who's name eludes me. (any old bastards or sports history buffs help me plz) he had a pretty dramatic voice and would always say it in an intense game. . "he shoots from the outside. . . .. FOR THE WIN!!!"

I first saw it in gaming while playing quake paintball mods back in the day. . Who knows if this is where the saying comes from ^_^ this is just what was understood cause we all remembered the guy.
    If in fact, this is common knowledge. . or completely wrong, sorry. . correct me. . .i'm just trying to help the kid.
    how can you say he is a kid? he is older than you, just that he have a bad english

TunaFishyMe

how do you know chantico is not 90 years old?

AlwaysSayDie

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    how do you know chantico is not 90 years old?
    his msn address says [email protected]^^

if you were born around the time I graduated highschool (1990) or after. . you're a kid :P its just an expression man . .i'm not flaming him or anything. . .geesh.

TunaFishyMe

so that could mean is was born in 96...making him 10 years old. lol I dont know many well-literate 10 year olds who work for the CIA writting dates the incorrect way.
    or it could mean he made the account when it was 1996.
    It could also mean he is 96 years old.
    It can also mean 96 could be his favorite number
    Or the year when his son/daugher was born
    Or the year his favorite baseball team won the cup
    Or the year he first had sex (Please refer to KO4life forum thread)

so many meanings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast