Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adi

Xigenon! New server!

This is a discussion on Xigenon! New server! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; NTTGame just launched a new server called Xigenon due to the amount of players that try to connect. If you ...
Page: 1

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Exclamation Xigenon! New server!

NTTGame just launched a new server called Xigenon due to the amount of players that try to connect.
    If you couldn't make it for Cypher and Adonis release, this is your chance.

Remember that you can use the community TeamSpeak to form a party or in case you need a VOIP server to use for chatting with your friends.
    Community TeamSpeak

They really shouldn't judge now many servers they need based on the initial amount of people. Otherwise they'll need to merge then later on to avoid empty servers. They should just make Cypher 1-8

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    They really shouldn't judge now many servers they need based on the initial amount of people. Otherwise they'll need to merge then later on to avoid empty servers. They should just make Cypher 1-8
    Yes but they couldn't just leave it like that, could they?
    They had on each channel over 1k users on queue.

Something had to be done.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up creating more channels or servers later on today.

16k users online atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Yes but they couldn't just leave it like that, could they?
    They had on each server and each channel over 1k users on queue.

Something had to be done.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up creating more channels or servers later on today.

16k users online atm.
    that equals to two WoW realms. At least they did it properly and made a realm/channel hold 5k to 10k users.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    that equals to two WoW realms. At least they did it properly and made a realm/channel hold 5k to 10k users.
    Your point.?

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    16k users online atm.
    Your point.?
    This is a wild guess but I think he meant they should update their hardware so that it can host a lot more players.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    This is a wild guess but I think he meant they should update their hardware so that it can host a lot more players.
    In that case, I don't think they should host more than the current amount of users in each channel.

Imagine ronark land with 10k users online? you won't be able to move there.. it'll be extremely fucked up.
    Or even Eslant with 2k users? you won't be able to even exp at harpies there because all spots would be full..

Knight Online isn't WoW, there's a reason why they don't just put all the users in 1 server...
    Options likes this.

In that case, I don't think they should host more than the current amount of users in each channel.

Imagine ronark land with 10k users online? you won't be able to move there.. it'll be extremely fucked up.
    Or even Eslant with 2k users? you won't be able to even exp at harpies there because all spots would be full..

Knight Online isn't WoW, there's a reason why they don't just put all the users in 1 server...
    Very well said.

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

What they should do is create different channels for areas and not secondary servers. For example Moradon 1,2,...n, Colony zone 1,2,...n in a single server. I have no experience in hosting servers/software/hardware btw, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    What they should do is create different channels for areas and not secondary servers. For example Moradon 1,2,...n, Colony zone 1,2,...n in a single server. I have no experience in hosting servers/software/hardware btw, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.
    Yes but bottom line you would have 1 ? 2 CZ at top, because creating more wouldn't be exactly smart.
    And then what? especially during EVENTS ?

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

People from all channels would be allowed to participate in the events. If you are in lufferson3 for example because the other 2 were full or because you just wanted to be there, you would join the bdw. The system would then teleport you to an already seperate map/area which is the bdw area.
    New channels for colony zone would be added only when the already existing ones get too crowded.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

don't think it matters how many servers they open; eventually once people start selling characters and what not (when people hit 80, aka by this weekend) server activity will decline very slightly, not noticeably, which will continue until eventually they'll just need to merge the servers together, which will boost the activity again, so you only have things to gain from playing right now tbh.

Jesus Savior! Senior Member Sp1ke's Avatar

i haven't seen an cyper ring in pus "yet"