Formatting my pc

This is a discussion on Formatting my pc within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; should i do it? i have so much shit and my comp lags out everytime i connect to internet or ...
Page: 1

haru

should i do it? i have so much shit and my comp lags out everytime i connect to internet or open MIcrosoft word its soo gay. will this get rid off all my files and shit? if so how do i do it?

Whitechapel

i would prolly do it ..but it f'd up my ko :/ lol still waiting for a fix rofl

haru

k ty and how do i do it and does it take long?

Zaria

Pop the cd in your cdrom and away you go.

haru

excuse me? what cd?

Banned Senior Member

Your windows (version) CD or the CD that came with your computer if you bought it from a company. It will allow you to reformat the HD/install windows or go back to factory "beginning" ( if you use the company's CD ).

If your going to format, backup what you need. I do it maybe every 4-6 months ( getting near time for another format ) and I usually check all my backup folders a few times before I burn them to dvd and reformat. The time it takes varies, I've done computers that take about an hour to install windows XP, while my PC takes about 20 minutes. You will notice a great difference in speed after a format. The old computer I used to use in the living room has never been reformatted and we've had it for maybe 6 years now. The thing is a pain to attempt to run till my mom will actually let me wipe it out

haru

dammit well i got his laptop from another person and it came with no software so....is there anything i can do to similar to reformat to help clean up. also what should i do to get rid of viruses. i know i have many but i have no anti-virus programs and whenever i downlaod anything they are automatically corrupted and "windows encounters an error" and must end now. i think im just gonna throw it out my window but untill i get a new one i would like to at least be able to do something.

Banned Senior Member

Either buy yourself a new PC, a new copy of windows, or find the CD Key for your version of windows ( it's not all that hard ) and borrow someones windows CD to reinstall with. Your laptop "should" have a sticker on it with your product code ( or it came in a bag, but they must supply one by law from manufacturers/stores )