Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

good free anti-virus

This is a discussion on good free anti-virus within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; can some 1 pm me with a good free antivirus tht actualy deletes the virus all help will be apriciated...
Page: 1

Unr4ted

can some 1 pm me with a good free antivirus tht actualy deletes the virus
    all help will be apriciated

sime217

avg free edition --> www.download.com

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

AVG and Avast that are free and actually good... I would choose AVG over Avast; however, Kaspersky rulz!

AVG

here's a site i recommend for free computer stuff

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm

ILoveYouToo

AVG is probably the best you can get for free.

avg for sure.

Banned

Here is some advice i got from Phantom

AVG anti-virus with kaspersky internet security.

Here is some advice i got from Phantom

AVG anti-virus with kaspersky internet security.[/b]
    I personally wouldn't recommend using two different antivirus scanners( even if you disable Kaspersky's Antivirus scanner) A lot of people might occur by doing this. Kaspersky Internet Security is the best one out on internet (so far)

ILoveYouToo

Zone Alarm Pro + AVG + Spyware Doctor + Ad-Aware SE and your computer will be pretty safe.

Banned

I personally wouldn't recommend using two different antivirus scanners( even if you disable Kaspersky's Antivirus scanner) A lot of people might occur by doing this. Kaspersky Internet Security is the best one out on internet (so far)[/b]
    Phantom > you

I said kaspersky internet security and AVG anti virus

Now i am noob when it comes to these programs but at the store i can buy a kit where it comes with the whole package or just internet secuirty or anti-virus.

So couldn't you do what i said?

I am just telling you what phantom told me. And he had researched this and told me so thats why again

Phantom > you

Phantom > you

I said kaspersky internet security and AVG anti virus

Now i am noob when it comes to these programs but at the store i can buy a kit where it comes with the whole package or just internet secuirty or anti-virus.

So couldn't you do what i said?

I am just telling you what phantom told me. And he had researched this and told me so thats why again

Phantom > you[/b]
    Chill, I just said "recommend" and yes I have tried two different antivirus/firewall programs in the past and result wasn't pleasant since they both keep different virus databases in your computer sometimes these databases can seem a virus to your other scanner. Internet Security comes with Antivirus in it when you disable that antivirus and activate AVG Antivirus it might detect some of Kaspersky's Virus database as a virus or even a trojan( At least that's what I experienced during my testing) Also I wouldn't say something if I wasn't sure what I was talking about you know I've done some research as well. Don't forget you are also looking for somethin that won't consume your CPU and RAM. In my own personal opinion Kaspersky Internet Security+AdAware SE(Free or Plus Editon, doesn't matter)+ Spyware Doctor is a great combination. I also agree with ILoveYouToo's combination, unfortunately I don't have enough succifient amount of RAM to handle all that. I hope this covers any misunderstanding I may have caused. :wub:

I just use avg and adaware and I;ve been fine :P, Firewalls are gay anyways xD

evilwevel

AVG is by far the easiest to use.

only bad thing about it is that it has the habit of updating not when your computer is idle and you're not doing anything special, but just at the moment you think "boom headshot" in CSS. :lol:

Banned

Chill, I just said "recommend" and yes I have tried two different antivirus/firewall programs in the past and result wasn't pleasant since they both keep different virus databases in your computer sometimes these databases can seem a virus to your other scanner. Internet Security comes with Antivirus in it when you disable that antivirus and activate AVG Antivirus it might detect some of Kaspersky's Virus database as a virus or even a trojan( At least that's what I experienced during my testing) Also I wouldn't say something if I wasn't sure what I was talking about you know I've done some research as well. Don't forget you are also looking for somethin that won't consume your CPU and RAM. In my own personal opinion Kaspersky Internet Security+AdAware SE(Free or Plus Editon, doesn't matter)+ Spyware Doctor is a great combination. I also agree with ILoveYouToo's combination, unfortunately I don't have enough succifient amount of RAM to handle all that. I hope this covers any misunderstanding I may have caused. :wub:[/b]
    Sorry if i sounded offinsive but i didn't mean it to be.

AVG is by far the easiest to use.

only bad thing about it is that it has the habit of updating not when your computer is idle and you're not doing anything special, but just at the moment you think "boom headshot" in CSS. :lol:[/b]
    AVG always updates for me when i log in to my PC. Thats once a day

JAGER2007b

AVG Always

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast