Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I Finally got the money to buy my super computer ^^ but need a advice or two :P

This is a discussion on I Finally got the money to buy my super computer ^^ but need a advice or two :P within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; a mmorpg all by yourself? you shouldnt be doing that......
Page: 2

Uzu

a mmorpg all by yourself? you shouldnt be doing that...

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uzu View Post
    a mmorpg all by yourself? you shouldnt be doing that...
    i got my own reasons why i should do that.

1. experience so i get better as a develooper

2. it's a fun experiment. As i said this is a side projekt and it could be my life work aswell. i'm not going to set any high goals, thoe im not going to stop working on it either so ill see how far that goes =)

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sexyswed View Post
    lol 1500 $ O.o

man this computer cost around 5k $ get real lol

and i need theese stuff for haveing a really good computer to design game maps.

I just started my own projekt beside the university

and it will prolly take about 6-7 years to complete. but im going to do an MMORPG game all by myself. so it's not a waste.

ps. I got all the money from USKO anyways ^^

If u ever heared of Crazy Upgrader from edana well, i guess u know why (A)
    5k? No, It doesn't. Unless you buy it at overpriced vendors such as Alienware. If you build the above PC yourself you can easily get away with 1500-2000$

And if you actually DO need the setup above, as you claim to. You may as well go with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 rather than the 2 295's. I'm sure you have the spare 6000$ for that one. And while we're at it, drop the HDD's and get yourself the new Intel X 25E series SSD drives.

Saunis

If you really wanna go pro whit your computer.
    Get SSD hard-driver (they are faster than your 10000rpm WD)
    or eaven better, buy 2 SSD and make them work in raid 0
    Install watercooling!

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    5k? No, It doesn't. Unless you buy it at overpriced vendors such as Alienware. If you build the above PC yourself you can easily get away with 1500-2000$

And if you actually DO need the setup above, as you claim to. You may as well go with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 rather than the 2 295's. I'm sure you have the spare 6000$ for that one. And while we're at it, drop the HDD's and get yourself the new Intel X 25E series SSD drives.
    Actually no, It will be alot more then 1500-2000$ Dude, My computer cost me about 4-5k itself so yea, I know. I built it all my self and got the parts from wholesale places and newegg.

Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-975 - 700$
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - 200$
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 12GB CL9 Kit w/6x 2GB XMS3 modules - 120$
    GeForce GTX 295 1792MB PhysX PCI-Express - 400$
    VelociRaptor 300GB - 100$

Now, considering the PSU is crap and you can do better for the same or even less amount... and the Graphic card is the first hit I had on google, which I am sure of you can find cheaper around.

Still only 1520$. Obviously this is not counting the other useless expanses such as Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer.. wich I still wonder why you would be needing that. the Creative X-FI TITANIUM PCIE CLE EGS considering your above motherboard has a pretty decent onboard sound, the Logitech G15, the Windows Copy, the abosultely uncalled PSU and overpriced case. You still wont be getting over the 1900$, though I am refusing to add the blu-ray burner to it as it's just plain and utterly stupid to be getting one at this time. Same goes with pretty much the entire setup, as I repeat, there's absolutely nothing you could be needing this for. Mapping does NOT require that kind of a system.

But as said, if you plan on spending a good 5000$ or 6000$ on a PC you wont be needing for another 5 years as there's nothing other than benchmarks that can make full use of it, you can do way better.

Actually the price is all relative to your region. My danish relatives always buy laptops and notebooks when they visit me in the usa, and take them back. Even buying something like 1-2 laptops or fly fishing pools, they can resell back in copenhagen in an auction for enough profit to pay for their whole trip here. They also did that with the iphones before they were sold in europe. If your in the united states though, the cost of building a new pc is cheaper than just about anywhere else in the world. Oh ya, take their advice, get some solid state drives, you really don't need that much space, get external harddrives for all your extra data, it's always better to keep your drives clean and running fast. Why have over a TB of info on a pc, it will just take ages ever time you do a virus scan, or if you decide to defrag, it's a nightmare. Moderate sided solid state drives for your current projects, and external drives for large data files, movies, music, pictures, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    If your in the united states though, the cost of building a new pc is cheaper than just about anywhere else in the world.
    That's bullshit. It's the other way around. US is totally overpriced on PC parts compared to any european sotre.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    That's bullshit. It's the other way around. US is totally overpriced on PC parts compared to any european sotre.
    you are so wrong there.

stop with all ur b.s talking u apperiently don't know anything so shut up.

for instance there are many diffrent i7 quad pricessors.

Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition i7-975 / 3.33 GHz processor

cost
    9.995:- sek wich is 1432 $

there are alot diffrent pricessors wich is cheaper and also are i7 but this 1 cost 1432$

to the next part

ASUS P6TD Deluxe, X58, Socket-1366

cost
    2.695:- sek wich is 386$

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 12GB CL9

cost
    2.899:- sek wich is 415$

then we have 2 x graphic cards

4.395:- + 4.395:- = 8790:- sek wich is 1259$

let me summon it so far

1259 + 415 + 386 + 1432 = 3492$

and now i don't even have hardware nor do i have any OS etc etc.

and you tell me it cost 1500 $ that's b.s

i know also for sure that many ppl bought iphones in USA really cheap and resold in europe.

complaining that u have the highest prices is just a big fat lie.

maybe u should bother actually do some research before u post idiot comments.

theese prices i have is cause i buy from Komplett.se - Nordens största nätbutik

go look urself if u don't belive me and stop increase ur post count by doing thoose posts

Yeah i really have no idea why he thinks my post was bullshyt, and that pc parts are cheaper overseas. I know many people who buy cheap in the USA and take over to euro countries to resell. Either he has no american relatives or friends to get him good deals, or he is just some kid who doesn't know anything about conversion. Some euro countries like Denmark, the customs doesn't allow packages over around 15 USD value, that includes postage, if the value is above that then they tax the shyt out of you. Like if you order items from ebay and they open and see sale recipe and value they will start adding charges. You never hear of american people going over to europe and buying cheap electronics and iphones and reselling them in the united states. Although it use to be good for us to go to canada and shop when the dollar was stronger. Since the dollar is much weaker now, it's much cheaper for europeans to come over here, if they can get their goods past customs without added charges.

make the MMORPG with ko pk style and then you got yourself a first member in your game

Quote Originally Posted by Rougean View Post
    make the MMORPG with ko pk style and then you got yourself a first member in your game
    im thinking of a much smaller game =)

thoe if i get the hang of it fast maybe i can improve it and add such stuff

You might also want to run dual monitors, dual 22inch+ monitors is a nice setup. or larger.

Validating

mmh yeah goes also about 5k usd for that pc, if to compare with Estonian's store prices

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth View Post
    mmh yeah goes also about 5k usd for that pc, if to compare with Estonian's store prices
    maybe we should just move to poland and buy it cheap xD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12