monitor not recognizing computer

This is a discussion on monitor not recognizing computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so i just isntalled a Geforce 5600 GT vid card into my desktop. It crashed alot so i installed a ...
Page: 1

Zaczaco11

so i just isntalled a Geforce 5600 GT vid card into my desktop. It crashed alot so i installed a 400 watt power supply thats it. Runs window xp n all. After the installation i try to plug in my monitor only to see a black box that says "No Input Switching into Powersave Mode" when i disconnect the cable it says "Cable Disconnected please Reconnect." emm so my question is WTF? y can it recognized its plugged in? ty for help

Zaczaco11

right click desktop>properties>settings>advanced>Find vid card>doing something during a set amount of time to off

given to me cant do it cuz monitor never connects

Zaczaco11

fixe the problem by: plugging in the extension to the dual monitor slot plugging in the monitor to one of the slots, then i changed to resolution to half of what it was worked perfectly :P

bazzeeka

was ganna say did u uninstall ur old drivers for the vid card cause that would do it too