Need some help with my computer.

This is a discussion on Need some help with my computer. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The problem with my computer is that it restarts frequently by itself. Also, my CPU temperature is at 80 degrees ...
Page: 1

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

Default Need some help with my computer.

The problem with my computer is that it restarts frequently by itself. Also, my CPU temperature is at 80 degrees Celcius. My friend told me it might be the Power Supply for the restarting, and I guess i'll have to get a new processor for the temperature. But i've also heard that if the CPU is overheating, it might restart also, so if any of you people are good with computers, you guys think you can help me?

Banned

ya that happens to me too my computer restarts by itself

tolgahan

80 C means its about to burn.
    If it was the same from the beginning give CPU back.If its new first give ur CPU to ur friend.Control it ..if its same go n buy a new CPU.If its normal take ur friends CPU n try it on ur computer.If its normal again go n buy a new CPU :P ..IF its 80C too change ur power supply first.If its the same after u change it change ur main board.
    I hope u cant understand something
    U have to change ur CPU n try it on other PC to understand what is not normal
    ya that happens to me too my computer restarts by itself
    Windows may cause it

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

So you're saying I should try my friends CPU first, and if it doesn't work, go buy a new one. After I buy a new one, if it's still 80 degrees, change the power supply and if its still 80 degrees, changed the power supply, then change the CPU?

Goofy

Well there are several things you can try depending on how advanced you are on computer hardware issues . Here is a list of possible causes:

1. The Fan of the cpu is not working (maybe dirty?)
    2. The Heatsink is not properly placed on the processor
    3. The heatpaste is totaly "done"
    4. Not enough air supply in the box

Maybe the restarts are because of the overheat (happens alot )

If you need to ask anything feel free

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

1. It might be a little dirty, i'll see what I can do to clean it.
    2. I didn't check yet.
    3. Friend said the "grease", i'm guessing what you're referring to might have been gone also.
    4. Not sure what you mean by this.

I'm thinking of changing the motherboard, CPU and the power supply, because my CPU is old, and I don't believe they make any more for my system.

Goofy

hmm well, by 4 i mean that the air that flows inside the box is not much (not case fans?)
    try running the pc without any covers

well if you consider buying a new pc, then dont go into the trouble of fixing this one (as a main pc).

by 70% of overheats there is always something behind the heatsink and how it applies to the processor

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

Yeah if I do get new parts, I don't plan on fixing this one. Do you think it might be something wrong with the memory?

Goofy

hmmm i dont think so.... mem could restart the pc but the overheat is that makes me look that way more....

You can run a mem check though to test ur ram (for 100% sure thing)

http://www.memtest86.com/

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

I doubt i'll be able to download the program and finish the test before my computer restarts.

Goofy

Originally posted by WhenTheSkyTurnsDark
    I doubt i'll be able to download the program and finish the test before my computer restarts.
    :unsure: ouch... well im gonna do some digging up and i will tell u if i find something new.

So far i remembered there is an option in the BIOS that if its set, IF the computer reaches the temperature (max) it restarts automaticaly.

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

Hmm, is that so.. interesting. If you find it anything about that, let me know, thanks for your time.

Goofy

Originally posted by WhenTheSkyTurnsDark
    Hmm, is that so.. interesting. If you find it anything about that, let me know, thanks for your time.
    np mate ^_^