Problem making MSWMM project into movie file

This is a discussion on Problem making MSWMM project into movie file within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This error message appears when I try to convert the Windows movie maker project into a movie file: I need ...
Page: 1

This error message appears when I try to convert the Windows movie maker project into a movie file:

I need help to fix this, as the troubleshooter in movie maker does not help.
    I feel like i did everything right though...
    Thanks.

up,,,need help

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Probably the temporary disk space... In Movie Maker, go to Tools -> Options -> General, and check where the "temporary storage" folder is. Make sure there is plenty of disk space on whatever drive that is pointing to. (Or select a new drive/folder which does have lots of space). It's only a 6 min clip you're trying to make, so should need too much spare space. A few hundred Mb should be ok.

Also check you're not trying to save to a CD or something like that.

The third possibility which the error mentions is you might have moved / renamed the original video files which your movie is made from. You'd have to check that yourself.

I think i found my problem
    When i went to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp, it was OVERLOADED (807mb out of 805mb storage space possible with 653 files and 45 folders on it). This means that I am 2mb over the maximum space on this location.
    What can I remove from this location (C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp) that will NOT crash/corrupt my computer (I have numberous HPH ##.tmp files and other random named files)?
    This probably will fix my problem.
    Tysm for helping ^^

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

XP has a built in disk-cleanup tool which will safely remove out of use temp files.

My Computer -> Right click "Local Disk C:" -> Properties -> General -> Disk Cleanup

To fix your actual issue though, just set the MovieMaker temp folder to a different location.

XP has a built in disk-cleanup tool which will safely remove out of use temp files.

My Computer -> Right click "Local Disk C:" -> Properties -> General -> Disk Cleanup
    To fix your actual issue though, just set the MovieMaker temp folder to a different location.[/b]
    Thanks for your advice, but:
    I set the movie maker temp folder to a different folder...still doesn't work when trying to save as a movie file.
    I ran disk cleanup...still the same files on it (none erased). So what I did was deleted it all by hand (so far no problem with deleting 600 files).
    This is very strange :unsure: :blink:

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Thanks for your advice, but:
    I set the movie maker temp folder to a different folder...still doesn't work when trying to save as a movie file.
    I ran disk cleanup...still the same files on it (none erased). So what I did was deleted it all by hand (so far no problem with deleting 600 files).
    This is very strange :unsure: :blink:[/b]
    then some of the clips and/or music are corrupted or removed

then some of the clips and/or music are corrupted or removed[/b]
    The clips/music are in my "collections" folder in movie maker and are still in the original file source in which they came from (meaning that I had not moved the original files to a different file).
    I still don't understand why the message is still there...
    Thanks for the additional advice though.

up

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Can you try making a different movie and saving it?

That should indicate whether there is an issue with the files used for this movie, or there is an issue with disk space / something else.