Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScreameR

and so it was my turn...

This is a discussion on and so it was my turn... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello. Last night my account seems to have been hacked. I have never in all of my years in knightonline ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    60

    Default and so it was my turn...

    Hello.

    Last night my account seems to have been hacked.
    I have never in all of my years in knightonline been hacked.

    I have not been on any strange pages nor have i downloaded anything.

    Cant really see how this could have happened, but i lost Iron necklace, money and some random weapons.

    Perhaps they found a new way to get your password and infos.
    Anyways guess its time to leave for real this time.

    Best regards.

  2. #2
    Senior Member AlexBeepBeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Carnac-West
    Posts
    448

    Default

    was your OTP activated?

  3. #3
    Senior Member ZiggZaggClickClack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bosnian Kingdom
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Feel sorry for you mate...I know how dissapointed you feel afterwards,many people are leaving KO cuz of scamming/hacking bastards.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBeepBeep View Post
    was your OTP activated?

    Nah, just came back after a long break. Didnt even know about OTP-.-

    What bothers me tho is that i have no idea how they got my login

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggZaggClickClack View Post
    Feel sorry for you mate...I know how dissapointed you feel afterwards,many people are leaving KO cuz of scamming/hacking bastards.
    Yea to bad ppl cant leave others stuff alone.

    I have a feeling it was some kind of gold seller tho, i didnt know when i wrote this topic cus my brother was still asleep. But they also cleaned his wow account =/

  6. #6
    Senior Member ZiggZaggClickClack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bosnian Kingdom
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyngve View Post
    Yea to bad ppl cant leave others stuff alone.

    I have a feeling it was some kind of gold seller tho, i didnt know when i wrote this topic cus my brother was still asleep. But they also cleaned his wow account =/
    Do you guys use same PC? As i see above you did not have OTP activated which made u perfect victim i know it sounds ridiculously but there is plenty keyloggers out there specialy for hackers which obviously attack non OTP protected accounts few months allrdy...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggZaggClickClack View Post
    Do you guys use same PC? As i see above you did not have OTP activated which made u perfect victim i know it sounds ridiculously but there is plenty keyloggers out there specialy for hackers which obviously attack non OTP protected accounts few months allrdy...

    Nah he brought his computer to me, hes here over the holidays.
    But yea i have no idea

  8. #8
    Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    If you dont use OTP = You will get hacked. Pretty much everyone who didnt have OTP was, or will be. Even I was, and I have learned my painful lesson...

    This was going on for months now, and many people still dont use it...

    There should be pinned topics with warnings to everyone, in every section of forum it seems, because there are always some newcomers / comebackers who dont know this has been happening.

  9. #9
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    If you dont use OTP = You will get hacked. Pretty much everyone who didnt have OTP was, or will be. Even I was, and I have learned my painful lesson...

    This was going on for months now, and many people still dont use it...

    There should be pinned topics with warnings to everyone, in every section of forum it seems, because there are always some newcomers / comebackers who dont know this has been happening.
    Is there really a way of learning of this feature while in-game? it seems to be kinda obscure and hidden for your regular everyday user lol.

  10. #10
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Is there really a way of learning of this feature while in-game? it seems to be kinda obscure and hidden for your regular everyday user lol.
    it was at long screen for over half year, there was tons of yellow notice spamed for weeks in game, yet even after 190348923478 hacks some ppl dont bother even if they spent 2k of usd on their char...

  11. #11
    Senior Member xELMAx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    NORWAY
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Secure your acounts with OTP and play safely

  12. #12
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    people are simply mentally ill, deal with the consequences. it takes a few minutes to set it up, telling me you didn't know is bullshit, there's more than enough info about it. sorry about your loss.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    How is it possible that peeps without OTP get hacked? Are the databases from NTT open then so hackers easily can get in and use the information, I ask myself that, strange all players get hacked then ...

  14. #14
    Senior Member zuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MY, Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    919

    Default

    If this shit keep happening, NTT should force their player to use OTP, else they wont be able to login.
    Its not a big deal to make it tho, but they just dont really care.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Indeed, I think they don't care at all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •