tweaking utilities

This is a discussion on tweaking utilities within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; now i got an asus m51s laptop its pretty nice 3gig ram, 9300m nvidia card and 2.5ghz with 32 bit ...
Page: 1

wawh

now i got an asus m51s laptop
    its pretty nice

3gig ram, 9300m nvidia card and 2.5ghz with 32 bit vista home edition

now, i used a tuneup utilitie on my old ass pc and it got faster like 3x...
    i noticed that this laptop only uses around 50% of his capabilities
    1.43/3gig ram and 4.6/6gig virtual memory

now my question, is it good to let it run on 100% of his powers?
    and if so whats the best way you can do this? buy a utilitie or just ask the shop to do it? or search on google so you can do yourself?

reason for asking this... its quite stupid that i have bought such a fast and expensive laptop when it only uses 50% of his power

mjollner

check the power settings of the notebook. (relating to battery and charging and things as these often limit the resources used to maintain charge for longer)

those sorts of utilities usually just clean the registry (which can cause problems) and screw with the apps that launch at startup. they wont make your computer use a higher % of its proccessing capabilities, just free up more memory

if all you are doing is ko, then dont expect to use all the power of the laptop as.... well quite simply ko isnt that intense, try running a higher specced game.... for example crysis or something similar should use a bit more

wawh

so you're saying the laptop handels it automaticly?

i putted the battery on maximum power... well i think , maybe some tweaks in the hardware itself, but i know shit about hardware :/