Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

KO4U Tribute video.....by Terrorblade

This is a discussion on KO4U Tribute video.....by Terrorblade within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SoulsHunter Wow if that wasnt epic I dont know what it was. I tip my hat to ...
Page: 3

Terrorblade

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsHunter View Post
    Wow if that wasnt epic I dont know what it was. I tip my hat to you sir. I got chills watching that

56475647683852865848548/10
    Glad u liked it

Quote Originally Posted by parazit1 View Post
    minor in red colour looks cool
    Erm, I personaly don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by ™Infected™ View Post
    u made this pvt servers looks a bit better then any other prv server i saw with those amazing edits ^^ keep it on terror (btw LastHope ftw :P)
    LASTHOPE FTWWWWWWWWWW

Quote Originally Posted by NOS View Post
    Terrorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    zomg u haven't quit yet?

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorblade View Post

1st wrong point
    - The video is made of two songs, not just one. I would have cutted it in half but I'm participating in one competition which wanted me to have 3 mins clip.

2nd wrong point - I made some betatesting and ppl liked the way I was putting my text there. It's a point of view, nothing makes ur words right.

3rd wrong point - No it wasn't. I've showed ppl everything I wanted to about the server. Yet you're first who gets bored.

4th wrong point - This is what I was scared of. But when I've asked ppl, they didn't have problem with reading all the texts.

It's kinda hard to think of text when english is not your native language. But I kinda agree with this point...

You know, I've made a lot of videos and I know what I did wrong or what needs to be edited. It's almost nothing you've mentioned tho. Still I like it, no matter of those few mistakes
    You've made some good points. And here is why you are wrong.

All of my points of view are as if I had never seen the game before.

When you "asked people" about your video, I can almost 100% guarantee that every person you asked had some previous experience with Knight Online and I can also almost guarantee that they were probably friends of yours.

So when they see things Knight Online related, they will immediately associate your video with fun times, making it enjoyable to watch (to a certain extent).

Yet put this video in front of some WoW nerds who have never seen the game before, and they will not be so impressed.

2nd wrong point - I made some betatesting and ppl liked the way I was putting my text there. It's a point of view, nothing makes ur words right.

-- I wasn't so much referring to the text. I was referring to the overall length of the video and the theatrical elements you used. But since you were doing it under pre-existing conditions to make it a 3 minute video, its understandable now that you would want to stretch it out.

As a final note, you honestly believe people that have only one chance to watch this video in its entirety will be able to read and interpret all of the flashy text clearly?

-Bryan

Terrorblade

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    You've made some good points. And here is why you are wrong.
    All of my points of view are as if I had never seen the game before.
    I don't see anything that makes me wrong. I didn't make this video for people who never played KO before. I made this video for KO players and wanted to introduce them this server, not the game.

When you "asked people" about your video, I can almost 100% guarantee that every person you asked had some previous experience with Knight Online and I can also almost guarantee that they were probably friends of yours.
    OFC they have some experience with KO since I made this for them. Geezes.

Oh and leaver your arrogant speculations in your head. 90% of ppl, that responded for this video on all forums, are unknown to me.

And most of them like it.
    Yet put this video in front of some WoW nerds who have never seen the game before, and they will not be so impressed.
    Same thing as if u post same kind of WoW video to pure KO nerds, they won't be impressed either. IT DEPENDS FOR WHOM YOU MAKE THE VIDEO!! If I was about to make video to present Knight Online, it would be way different.

As a final note, you honestly believe people that have only one chance to watch this video in its entirety will be able to read and interpret all of the flashy text clearly?
    Yes I do and I'm sure of that. You're the only one complaining so far. Even my gf which speaks poor english could read it and analyze it.

I seriously don't understand why you took the role of video critic when you obviously know nothing about it.

Tribute is not another pk movie, which you got used to. Tributes can be made in many ways and most of them are similar to trailers.

The whole PRINCIPE of Tributes is to describe something and inspire people to join/buy/participate etc.

Which is what I did.

As I said ... there are some stuff I don't like:
    1. Transition of those two songs (but I can't solve it since I'm not skilled in any sound editor software)
    2. Text itself in the second part (from like 1:40) - I will change it to text description of the server
    3. Too fast credits
    Last edited by Terrorblade; 11-10-2010 at 06:46 AM.

NOS

nop babe i am playing my priest lvl 81 and still in sacred Amity ...

iTzBryan Senior Member

Okay, obviously you know it all.

Since you mistake my experience for arrogance, I'll leave the trial and error up to you.

May you never encounter a real critic.

Terrorblade

Okay, obviously you know it all.

Since you mistake my experience for arrogance, I'll leave the trial and error up to you.

May you never encounter a real critic.
    If I met a real critic, he would come up with better points.

iTzBryan Senior Member

I seriously don't understand why you took the role of video critic when you obviously know nothing about it.
    Yet even if you did know my credentials, I doubt you would take anything I said into consideration.

Also, this is probably the most ignorant statement I've seen out of you so far.

Congratulations.

I'm going to say one last thing that you will probably tell me I'm wrong about, but regardless...

When I make videos, I imagine it being played in a movie theater. Not on YouTube where you can watch it over and over again for further digestion. One chance to get your point across. Would your movie do it?

--And if you want some better points?

- Get rid of all the names above the characters
    -hide the mouse cursor in almost all of the shots
    -The introduction is poorly written

"unknown worlds seek for those who reveals their mysteries. Such seeking takes its price."

Wtf...?

- Maintain professional text throughout
    ex. "PEEKAY"
    - Do not replay the same snippet more than once.

iTzBryan Senior Member

As I said ... there are some stuff I don't like:
    1. Transition of those two songs (but I can't solve it since I'm not skilled in any sound editor software)
    Lol I actually liked the music >.>

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Terror, doubt you will remember or what not from lasthope/newhope
    but i remember you
    glad to see your still alive and kicking!
    nice editing.

Terrorblade

Yet even if you did know my credentials, I doubt you would take anything I said into consideration.
    I was considering everything you said actualy.

When I make videos, I imagine it being played in a movie theater. Not on YouTube where you can watch it over and over again for further digestion. One chance to get your point across. Would your movie do it?
    Yea, it would.

--And if you want some better points?

- Get rid of all the names above the characters
    -hide the mouse cursor in almost all of the shots
    -The introduction is poorly written

"unknown worlds seek for those who reveals their mysteries. Such seeking takes its price."

Wtf...?

- Maintain professional text throughout
    ex. "PEEKAY"
    - Do not replay the same snippet more than once.
    Now this is something!
    But just about the mouse cursor, it was just in few shots, not everywhere
    I know my texts in Intro suck. English never been my natural language. But will try to solve that.
    As for replaying, I agree, I shouldn't have used it but I guess you know how editing is slow, u change ur mind a lot and then keep re-editing what you have already done for thousand times. I was kinda in a rush and wanted to finish it

Also, this is probably the most ignorant statement I've seen out of you so far.
    You were acting arrogant in my eyes which kinda made me upset. So I started to be bad boi aswell

Terrorblade

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    Terror, doubt you will remember or what not from lasthope/newhope
    but i remember you
    glad to see your still alive and kicking!
    nice editing.
    ROFL ofc I remember you Grim, whatcha doing nowadays? And I'm glad u liked it

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

You were acting arrogant in my eyes which kinda made me upset. So I started to be bad boi aswell
    Guess he acts like that everywhere, cause this is his style, and it's nothing against you.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

ROFL ofc I remember you Grim, whatcha doing nowadays? And I'm glad u liked it

Fresh KO :: Index
    forum.freshko.net

Running my own private server now a days
    how you been?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123