Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Signature of the Week #2(nomination phase)

This is a discussion on Signature of the Week #2(nomination phase) within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div> Originally posted by cRuX+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cRuX) <!--QuoteBegin-gtaguy @ <!--QuoteBegin-PADDY i think he means afi anyway i ...
Page: 4

Babek

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    Originally posted by cRuX+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cRuX)
    <!--QuoteBegin-gtaguy
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-PADDY

i think he means afi

anyway i made this in like 20 seconds :P

yea afi is emo but im sure hes referring to crux's sig seeing as he's saying its punk when that guy is ODVIOUSLY emo
    regardless I wanted a punk feel not emo and I'd consider older AFI to be punk not emo..[/b]
    doesnt matter since "emo" isnt a genre of music...its considered punk[/b][/quote]
    Nah Emo has nothing to do with punk.
    Classic Punk Bands: Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks
    "Classic" Emo Bands: Rites of Spring, Emo Summer, Portraits of Past

cRuX

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)
    Originally posted by cRuX
    <!--QuoteBegin-gtaguy
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-PADDY

i think he means afi

yea afi is emo but im sure hes referring to crux's sig seeing as he's saying its punk when that guy is ODVIOUSLY emo

regardless I wanted a punk feel not emo and I'd consider older AFI to be punk not emo..
    doesnt matter since "emo" isnt a genre of music...its considered punk[/b]
    "Classic" Emo Bands: Rites of Spring, Emo Summer, Portraits of Past[/b][/quote]
    emo = emotionally charged

bleaF

Originally posted by :Blaster:+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(:Blaster</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Toadie
    well, music isnt really my thing... and not good to make siggys of real persons, but tryed *^_^ *

nice one Toadie[/b]
    lmfao @ fjortismustachen xD

cRuX

Originally posted by bleaF+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bleaF)</div>
    Originally posted by :Blaster:@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Toadie

well, music isnt really my thing... and not good to make siggys of real persons, but tryed *^_^ *

nice one Toadie
    lmfao @ fjortismustachen xD[/b]
    you're laughing at his crustache? :P

peter

Originally posted by gtaguy
    hamster master submitted this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...athsigdone.jpg
    underOath is the best band in the world lol xD :wub:

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)
    Originally posted by cRuX
    <!--QuoteBegin-gtaguy
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-PADDY

i think he means afi

regardless I wanted a punk feel not emo and I'd consider older AFI to be punk not emo..
    doesnt matter since "emo" isnt a genre of music...its considered punk[/b]
    "Classic" Emo Bands: Rites of Spring, Emo Summer, Portraits of Past[/b][/quote]

thats the thing though :P ur taking classic punk bands and comparing them to todays "punk"...modern age punk is more or less considered emo

gtaguy

Originally posted by peter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peter)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-gtaguy
    underOath is the best band in the world lol xD :wub:[/b]
    why would you tell such an odvious lie like that

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    thats the thing though :P ur taking classic punk bands and comparing them to todays "punk"...modern age punk is more or less considered emo
    yep, the names people reffer to music now are much more changed to what it used to be. Back in the 70s, Led Zeppelin was the top of the Heavy Metal movement, but now heavy metal is what u call at 5 guys playing their instruments as hard as they can and a dude screaming his lungs out.. all with gothic looks and long hair ofc. Music has become such a "fashion style" and "job" more than art and self expression.

cRuX

Originally posted by Dro+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dro)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz
    yep, the names people reffer to music now are much more changed to what it used to be. Back in the 70s, Led Zeppelin was the top of the Heavy Metal movement, but now heavy metal is what u call at 5 guys playing their instruments as hard as they can and a dude screaming his lungs out.. all with gothic looks and long hair ofc. Music has become such a "fashion style" and "job" more than art and self expression.[/b]
    +1...Download some Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Hells Kitchen

screaming your lungs out is more screamo, another verison of emo <_<

cRuX

Originally posted by Hells Kitchen
    screaming your lungs out is more screamo, another verison of emo *<_<
    screamo = screamotionally charged

screaming is not always emo or "screamo", bans like Evergreen Terrace, This Day Forward, and Poison The Well are anything but emo.

You could say all music is emotionally charged, however the "emo" people that everyone refers to are those who cut themselves and are depressed all the time and play awful music, and sing even worse.

Hells Kitchen

either way screamo I would have to say isnt great.. cant stand people screaming in my ears all 3mins of a song lol.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Hells Kitchen
    screaming your lungs out is more screamo, another verison of emo *<_<
    depends on the rythm and style of the music, beside lyrics and etc. But my example for screaming your lungs out was pointed out at the new bands that define themselfes, aswell as the critics, as Heavy metal, bands like Eric said. If you compare Poison to Led Zeppelin u won't find much similarities, yet in their time of fame both were classified as Heavy Metal. Same concept applies to almost every single music gender, what used to be punk now is considered rock, thinking of AFI who won the mtv best rock band award, yet in their begining and most of their musical carrer they sound like punk.

Putting the "evolution" of music aside, there's no such thing as emo music, is sort of music for emos, but this music is just a variation of punk, more aimed to pop and making a hit song. Yet they call it emo by stupid relations of taste of music and dressing style.

To dress like emo, u gotta hear "emo" music, and to hear the same music u gotta dress by the outfitt all do... personally i hear all kinds of music, i go to a friend house and just hear his cds, mp3, most of the times steal some of them, yet i don't wear any sort of clothing or make up or piercings or w/e that relate me to that particulary music style

Inquisit0r

im entry with that :wub:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast