Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone here has or going to get the MacBook Air

This is a discussion on Anyone here has or going to get the MacBook Air within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Im thinking about getting it. Anyone here ever seen one irl or have used one? abit pricey, but just wondering ...
Page: 1

simple182

Im thinking about getting it. Anyone here ever seen one irl or have used one? abit pricey, but just wondering if its worth it

evilwevel

don't try to get on a plane with it. the idiots will think you'll have a bomb with you cause they can't see a HDD on the scan.

I would get one only if Apple did two things: a) reduced the price a bit and B) put a bigger hard drive in there. 80gb or 64gb SSD is simply not enough. And if they can put 160gb in an iPod, I don't see why they can't do the same for the Air. Regardless, I'm happy with my MacBook for the time being, so I won't be upgrading for some time.

I might get one, but I am scared if I drop it or hold it too tight it might break.

TunaFishyMe

i am pretty sure (90%) that ipods are not solid state drives. I dont know about the newer ones. If the 160 GB ipod was solid state drive it would be over 1000 for sure lol.
    macbook air is a piece of shit lol. Its for all the fan girls out there who want to have a macbook cuz its cute and the biggest fad. Apple is brilliant for playing them into their marketing scheme making them think that mac is a way of life.
    Macbook air has no CD drive...it cost 2K for 64GB or 3K for 80 GB...the technology is not cheap enough to make that. The harddrive runs at 4200 or was it 4600rpm. Its definitely not powerful enough. If you want a small computer get one of those EEE computers for 400 bucks.

i am pretty sure (90%) that ipods are not solid state drives. I dont know about the newer ones. If the 160 GB ipod was solid state drive it would be over 1000 for sure lol.
    macbook air is a piece of shit lol. Its for all the fan girls out there who want to have a macbook cuz its cute and the biggest fad. Apple is brilliant for playing them into their marketing scheme making them think that mac is a way of life.
    Macbook air has no CD drive...it cost 2K for 64GB or 3K for 80 GB...the technology is not cheap enough to make that. The harddrive runs at 4200 or was it 4600rpm. Its definitely not powerful enough. If you want a small computer get one of those EEE computers for 400 bucks.[/b]

I wasn't expecting a 160gb SSD to be in there, but the 160gb drive in the iPod is flash I think. I dunno, I'm not much of a hardware person, but it seems like if there could be a 160gb (flash) drive in an iPod, why not put something like that in the Air? (And there is probably a logical reason, but as I said, I'm not a hardware person)

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Best comment i saw was that, in japan, any company with atleast some dignity would have fired those who made this model due its crapy build.

Tbh, even if it would have the same stuff as my current 1 id still pick mine over this. Too thin imo, i need smth with a certain feeling. But duno, i havent touched it yet. Few of my friends already orderd it.

Banned Senior Member

I'd rather spend @2k on a kick ass laptop, or even better desktop then on a shotty mac laptop with those specs... and theres no cd drive either unless you wanna spend more money for an external drive -_-

EpsaNomaly

Not only no CD drive, but apparently no USB ports, or so I've heard. Also the thinness of it scares me, so I'll stick with my regular old MacBook thank you.

simple182

Not only no CD drive, but apparently no USB ports, or so I've heard. Also the thinness of it scares me, so I'll stick with my regular old MacBook thank you.[/b]
    actually there is one usb port

EpsaNomaly

actually there is one usb port[/b]
    Regardless, it's not worth the money. The regular MacBook is amazing, I'm using it to type this up, and I really am glad I chose this over the others. Although, you could consider getting a MacBook Pro too, but I really just don't recommend spending so much money on the MacBook Air, it's just not worth the high price.

ipod has a huge HD yea, but it probably wouldn't be powerfull enough or fast enough to power a whole computer :S

Banned Senior Member

actually there is one usb port[/b]
    And that one USB port goes away if you need to run a DVD

the shit u baba talking about?

gime some pic

fonzy

no cause i just spent my money on a new guitar xD but this labtop looks tight its a little beast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast