Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The April 1/09 Virus Thing

This is a discussion on The April 1/09 Virus Thing within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; well its april 2nd where I live , and nothing happened lol.[/b]...
Page: 2

well its april 2nd where I live, and nothing happened lol.[/b]

evilwevel

april 2nd 14.33 now over here, so no matter which time zone you're at, it's april 2nd now.

and guess what, nothing happened :blink: what a surprise.

well its april 2nd where I live as well, and nothing happened lol.[/b]
    how confident were you on a scale of 1 - 10? how confident?

how confident were you on a scale of 1 - 10? how confident?[/b]
    I don't know what your trying to start with me but I was not looking at my own time, I was reffering to different timezones where it was still the 1st.

Xtr3m3

You have to take into account that the worm has not received instructions on what to do next...but I'm not worry my PC is clean so far xD

evilwevel

You have to take into account that the worm has not received instructions on what to do next...but I'm not worry my PC is clean so far xD[/b]
    oh boy :blink:

how the hell will a worm receive instructions ?

Xtr3m3

Duno that what they said on the clip

So far, the bad guys who created it haven't triggered Conficker. It's just sitting out there like a sleeper cell.

"Imagine a network of spies that has infiltrated a country. And every day, all of the spies are calling in for their instructions on what to do next," Trilling explained.

Asked what the worm is being asked to do, Trilling told Stahl, "That's the interesting thing. The only thing the worm is being asked to do is to ask for further instructions."

For several months, Trilling says the worm has just been sitting there, awaiting instructions,

It's that ominous, because once the hackers issue instructions, Conficker could turn menacing in an instant.

With one click, the worm's creator can instruct it to suck sensitive data, like bank passwords and account numbers, out of millions of computers, or launch a massive spam attack to clog up the works.[/b]

evilwevel

well, if anyone is worried that he might be infected with the "april fools" worm (been out there since last year, but nvm that), check out the official Microsoft page about it and see how you can determine wheter or not it has infected your computer.

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/viruses/worms/conficker.mspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12