Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s

This is a discussion on Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s a move to make video game addiction an actual medical disorder. ...
Page: 1

Dr4g0n

Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s a move to make video game addiction an actual medical disorder.

The American Medical Association will debate the issue at a meeting in Chicago this weekend.
    The goal is to get the American Psychiatric Association to add it to its official manual.
    It's about time!
    Now we can be paid to play KO.
    (Is this all you do is play video games?) You can now reply (Im a Video Game Addict) :huh:

lol disability pay ftw

sizzlex

omg this ownz lol IM HELLA ADDICTED HOOK UP THE DOUGH

heard about it on the radio wont happen even if it does jus means u'll see tos's on consoles lawl

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s a move to make video game addiction an actual medical disorder.[/b]
    u do realize that according to psychiatrists there are over 250 medical disorders(ranging from biting ur nails to being a full out vegetable)...video game addiction i doubt would lead to disability pay cuz if they did that then theyd have to give disability pay to alcoholics etc which they dont, the only kind of pay video game addicts will be getting are unemployment checks

"I MUST KILL MYSELF IN ORDER TO JOIN THE DOTA HEROES!.. wait wtf why are you putting me in a straight jacket, i just wanted some fucking disability money."

KO4fun

Beware, you may be surprised to find out there’s a move to make video game addiction an actual medical disorder.

The American Medical Association will debate the issue at a meeting in Chicago this weekend.
    The goal is to get the American Psychiatric Association to add it to its official manual.
    It's about time!
    Now we can be paid to play KO.
    (Is this all you do is play video games?) You can now reply (Im a Video Game Addict) :huh:[/b]
    pfft this diagnostic manual is scheduled to be released in like 2012 , get a job in the mean time, you will have to wait on your disability check. :P

KO4fun

u do realize that according to psychiatrists there are over 250 medical disorders(ranging from biting ur nails to being a full out vegetable)...video game addiction i doubt would lead to disability pay cuz if they did that then theyd have to give disability pay to alcoholics etc which they dont, the only kind of pay video game addicts will be getting are unemployment checks[/b]
    umm, i saw on 60 minutes where drug addicts were getting disability checks , they shoudnt discriminate againt the alcoholics.

Alcoholics get paid to try beat there addiction

BEAT THE ADDICTION! RALLY THE TROOPS! TUT TUT

Ripper_of_romania

"I MUST KILL MYSELF IN ORDER TO JOIN THE DOTA HEROES!.. wait wtf why are you putting me in a straight jacket, i just wanted some fucking disability money."[/b]

made my day :lol: :lol:

Back on-topic..allow me to prove u wrong cama...
    Video-gaming all day long can cause social problems ( we all know it ),subjects tend to loose their patience on theyr nearby friends ( provided they still have them because if u stay all day long at home = no friends ) or relatives specially ( if they try to unplugg the computer the subject may have a very ugly reaction e.g. the video posted this week which wasn't that laughable for a psychologist ),causing subject isolation and when the game is over,ur life is over also...i mean srsly,WoW won't last forever,nor KO,nor video-games,and it's quite hard to try a new game after u mastered another one ( or,if not mastered,became addicted to it )

So yea,video-games addicts should be taken care of,same shit with alcoholics and drugs persons,hobos and all types of ppl with social problems

My 2 cents!

made my day :lol: :lol:

Back on-topic..allow me to prove u wrong cama...
    Video-gaming all day long can cause social problems ( we all know it ),subjects tend to loose their patience on theyr nearby friends ( provided they still have them because if u stay all day long at home = no friends ) or relatives specially ( if they try to unplugg the computer the subject may have a very ugly reaction e.g. the video posted this week which wasn't that laughable for a psychologist ),causing subject isolation and when the game is over,ur life is over also...i mean srsly,WoW won't last forever,nor KO,nor video-games,and it's quite hard to try a new game after u mastered another one ( or,if not mastered,became addicted to it )

So yea,video-games addicts should be taken care of,same shit with alcoholics and drugs persons,hobos and all types of ppl with social problems

My 2 cents![/b]
    video games isnt the problem...which is why i doubt theyd pass this...its a simple(well not simple but u know what im trying to say) addictive personality disorder...no different from someone who bites their nails or smokes cigs or buys 30000000 coffees throughout the day

wanna take care of video-game addicts? DONT give them money...that money will just go to buying more video games, force them out into the world or let them rot in their house, last thing u should do is support their addiction by giving them money

Ripper_of_romania

video games isnt the problem...which is why i doubt theyd pass this...its a simple(well not simple but u know what im trying to say) addictive personality disorder...no different from someone who bites their nails or smokes cigs or buys 30000000 coffees throughout the day

wanna take care of video-game addicts? DONT give them money...that money will just go to buying more video games, force them out into the world or let them rot in their house, last thing u should do is support their addiction by giving them money[/b]
    Money is not care :P
    Well,if they have that problem doesn't quite mean we should be careless if one of our relatives has this problem...Still,leavin them without money sounds pretty much :S...they should be treated in centers with asistance and slowly decrease the hours spent typing on the keyboard and find other activities which can entertain us instead of the computer...

My 2 cents

Banned

My 2 cents is that society is a bunch of bullshit made up to cover up the true reasons why the world is how it is. Everything is now an addiction, along with everything down to water being able to give you cancer. If the person enjoys what they are doing, whose right is it to tell them to stop, especially if all it is is playing video games (not causing anyone harm). I bet if the kids worked out all day long nonstop, it wouldn't be called an addiction, it would be socially acceptable. However, when technology illiterate adults see kids playing video games instead of the social norm of playing sports all day, they want to classify it as an addiction and try to put a stop to it. These people should be more worried about the kids who go out and do drugs, steal, murder, and rape, instead of the ones sitting in their houses playing video games not bothering anyone.

I bet if the kids worked out all day long nonstop, it wouldn't be called an addiction, it would be socially acceptable.[/b]
    its called being a workaholic...its not socially accepted but its not frowned upon either because it earns money for company's which in turn lowers prices for me and u if company's earn more money

everything is an addiction because people have addictive personalities it has NOTHING to do with society, its psychological not sociological

These people should be more worried about the kids who go out and do drugs, steal, murder, and rape, instead of the ones sitting in their houses playing video games not bothering anyone.[/b]
    theyre not the police, theyre a board of psychiatrists determining another sympton of an addictive personality...tbh did u even read the original post? seems like all ur talking about is government issues instead of psychological issues

tbh everything u just said is complete bs and shows how stupid u are to even count that as an opinion u believe in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast