Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

broke my 5th headset

This is a discussion on broke my 5th headset within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; This is bullshit. With this headset, first i stepped on it then tripped over it (more like a drag)... breaking ...
Page: 1

Psy

This is bullshit. With this headset, first i stepped on it then tripped over it (more like a drag)... breaking the headpiece and tearing the wires in half. I got it like 2 weeks ago. 30$ down the drain. Time to buy a head piece that fits on your ear... maybe it'll be a smaller target for me to step on.

Incase you're wondering about what i did with my other 4 headsets, i've basically either sat on them or had them too far away from my computer, tearing the wires from the inside over time.

kennyburger

iv used like 7 now i rely on speakers and one of those penis-microphones, havn't broke em for 6 months now

i broke 11 im not buying anymore><

Acostic

i broke 11 im not buying anymore><[/b]

lets jsut say you are not verry lucky man ^^ lawl

Papps

my last mic had the padding chewed off by the dog, then i sucked the cord up in the vacuum and tore it clean outta the computer

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

this is allso my 6th one :mellow:

and they are fucking expenisive, but ye i kinda like them,
    good quality

If you&#39;r wondering wich 1 i use:
    im using Logitech USB 250 or sometimes Logitech USB 350
    (its like 40€ for the 250 USB and like 50€ for the 350 USB )

DeeCee

for me its just good old 2x120w +surround, cant sit on that

Aba

Dude...over the past 3 years of playing ko I have broken so many fucking headsets...

get over it psy :P I broke 5 in the first year xD

but, have to admit, I never broke one after like 2 weeks, they always lasted me quite a while

What kinda headsets do you buy? I just get the like $20-40 ones at Circuit City

..Careless people these days *sigh*

Banned

fatass

I&#39;ve broken close to 10 because the wire gets stretched and then the covering begins to get pulled off and eventually the wires just get utterly fucked. I&#39;ve bough the same one every time simply because I can&#39;t be bothered to try others because I&#39;ve only ever tried 2 other headsets and both had a really crappy mic which had static.

I&#39;ve actually twice now broken the plug off into the socket forcing me to use a knife and scrape it out miraculously the first time, and the second it wouldnt come out.

My main problem is that I have 2 computers, my main one that I use for everything has a really bad onboard microphone so it&#39;s utterly useless, the onboard sound is fine however this is the one that I broke the plug off into and it&#39;s utterly useless now. There is a second plug for the onboard sound in the front but it has a buzzing background noise making it useless. Now on to my second computer, the sound works fine and the microphone jack works fine (it has an internal sound card) however it&#39;s not as good of a gaming computer which makes the sound jack useless to me. Not to mention since I&#39;ve put so much abuse on yanking the plug out the microphone jack on my 2nd computer doesn&#39;t properly hold the plug unless I tape it to the side of the computer, and then it works fine.

So now I have no microphone possiblity on my main computer, no onboard sound, AND I have no open PCI slots because its a fucking retardedly small motherboard and my video card takes 2 slots and my ethernet takes the other. So I&#39;m forced to buy an external sound card for my main computer so I can have sound, but of course the microphone on the card is utter shit and has static.

Now I&#39;m forced to use my main computer for sound in-game and ventrilo, and forced to use my 2nd computer for my microphone while running the ventrilo client on each of the computers and using my 2nd computer&#39;s mouse as the bind key.

Yeah it turned into an essay and I&#39;m fucking fed up with my computers and am about to just buy a new one.

LUCKILY, the last replacement mic I bought the price went down to only 10$ and this one has lasted quite a while because the external card allows me to move the mic cord without pulling it hard.

I forgot to mention, since the distance is so short between the 2 plugs on the headset I use 2 headsets. I use an old one that the mic still works but the sound is gone and my current new one just for sound around my ears while the other one is around my neck.

5DollahSuckySucky

the last headset i bought i broke the mic accidentally by yawning zzz

when i was play cs professionally i was going through head sets every month almost got really sick of it i purchased a plantronics dsp headset i think mine is the dsp 500 or something its the counterstrike theme&#39;d one ANYWAYS this head set has lasted me 3 years almost and i&#39;ve treated it like shit i&#39;ve thrown , bashed , drop , stepped on , ran over with computer chair , and worse of all i actually had it fall outta my freinds jeep when we were driving and it STILL WORKs never had a single problem with it and ya 3 years running strong

if u can track down the plantronics dsp 500 usb headset i strongly recommend it if not i would go with a plantronics dsp usb headset of any kind mine was i beileve 55 when i bought it the none cs theme&#39;d one was 45

i checked new egg all i can find is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826106070

Aba

I&#39;ve actually twice now broken the plug off into the socket forcing me to use a knife and scrape it out miraculously the first time, and the second it wouldnt come out.[/b]

lol...I&#39;ve done the same thing once before -_- very annoying

I was just trying to take it out...thought I got it and it had just popped out :S

thats why I only buy USB headsets now.

FattySin

I&#39;ve only ever messed up one headset... Mainly because my dog likes to run 100 MPH from one end of my room to the other for absolutely no reason, and he ends up bringing the cord with him.. Tearing the headset right off my head. >_>

I keep buying the same one, though, from K-Mart. It&#39;s around 30 bucks and still decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast