Cheating cheaters?

This is a discussion on Cheating cheaters? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; If you had the oppurtunity to con a con person, would you do it? If not, explain why? When should ...
Page: 1

Banned

If you had the oppurtunity to con a con person, would you do it? If not, explain why? When should you do it? When should you not do it?

In my opinion, when people call each other scammers, it is mostly subjective reasoning. Most of the time there is no real evidence. For example, on this very forum, there are some people who have gotten banned and labeled as scammers for doing something like "selling an unsafe account". It is ironic because when you buy an account which you know the other person has full information to, you are automatically voiding safety. However, some of these people can still get people banned without providing any proof just because they know the forum admin, whereas some people who do the same thing just get away with it. The reason being - "not enough proof". Once again, ironic.

Anyways, I was asked to rip someone off who has supposedly scammed a lot of people. No, I shouldn't say supposedly, in fact he admitted to me that he has scammed a lot of people. However, this person has done nothing wrong when I made a deal with him. What should I do? What should I've done? I am torn between ethics and moral.

Hennessy

i scammed a scammer, but that was on ares, were a scammer stole my friends lvl 65 priest, then i got close to him and pretended i wanted to buy the account , so i showed him a rol for the account and he gave me info i changed it gave it back to friend and said BB to him.

edit:: it was like 2 years ago =b

Banned

i scammed a scammer, but that was on ares, were a scammer stole my friends lvl 65 priest, then i got close to him and pretended i wanted to buy the account , so i showed him a rol for the account and he gave me info i changed it gave it back to friend and said BB to him.

edit:: it was like 2 years ago =b[/b]
    So you would do it if you were faced with the same decision again?

Psy

Let me put it this way: Felix has declared that scamming a known scammer that didn't scam you will get you banned on this forum. (ie the punch me and i punch you back principal applies here) Lutz lost his admin powers because of some old drama like that.

Hennessy

So you would do it if you were faced with the same decision again?[/b]
    yea, but i wouldnt scam someone for there items , only in that situation , yes i would , for the main and simple reason , he deserves it, and its not his

Banned

To put it bluntly, I don't care about what Felix says. What Felix says is what he says. I will always do what I will believe in and if need be willingly face the consequences. In this case, I have already said no to helping someone rip another person off, because it is strongly against what I believe in. However, I still want to learn what other people would've done in the same situation.

Hennessy

To put it bluntly, I don't care about what Felix says. What Felix says is what he says. I will always do what I will believe in and if need be face the consequences. I have already said no to helping someone rip another person off, because it is strongly against what I believe in. However, I still want to learn what other people would've done in the same situation.[/b]
    well do what you think is right , i wouldnt of done it if he didnt steal my friends account , if it wasnt for that i couldnt care less about him . and i dont consider my self a scammer for doing that.

Banned

well do what you think is right , i wouldnt of done it if he didnt steal my friends account , if it wasnt for that i couldnt care less about him . and i dont consider my self a scammer for doing that.[/b]
    I don't consider you a scammer either. I see the situation as a thief stealing a ladies' purse in front of you and then you chasing the thief, taking back the purse, and returning it back to the lady.

Here is the dilemna.

The moral thing to do is to chase after the thief and taking back the purse. The objective thing to do is just staying put and let the police handle the situation.

What would you do?

Hennessy

I don't consider you a scammer either. I see the situation as a thief stealing a ladies' purse in front of you and then you chasing the thief, taking back the purse, and returning it back to the lady.

Here is the dilemna.

The moral thing to do is to chase after the thief and taking back the purse. The objective thing to do is just staying put and let the police handle the situation.

What would you do?[/b]
    i never thought of it that way , thats awesome i agree,, but in this situation , there are no police , so we would have to take action

if you consider GM's police , they didnt do shit back then , when we sent in over 20 tickets in ...

Banned

i never thought of it that way , thats awesome i agree,, but in this situation , there are no police , so we would have to take action

if you consider GM's police , they didnt do shit back then , when we sent in over 20 tickets in ...[/b]
    As Psy said, the police here is the admin on this forum - Felix.

Let me elaborate on the situation. When you chase the thief down, the thief won't just give the purse back without a fight. So obviously you have to use force such as punching him on the face or pinning him down on the ground, so that he would release the purse from his posession. However, if a police sees you doing that, you could get arrested aswell for starting a fight even when your intentions were to return the purse back to its rightful owner.

It is the same here. As Psy said, if you scam a scammer even with the very best of intentions, you can get punished aswell.

Would you still do the right thing?

Hennessy

As Psy said, the police here is the admin on this forum - Felix.[/b]
    i hope i dont get banned for what ijust said =p

Banned

i hope i dont get banned for what ijust said =p[/b]
    You probably won't because this forum didn't exist 2 years ago. Felix can't punish you for something that you did in the past when he had no authority to punish you. Otherwise, he would be considered a vigilantie - the person who chased the thief down and beat him up.