Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[Cooling] Help me choose 2 fans

This is a discussion on [Cooling] Help me choose 2 fans within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; which 1? most standard 80mm are 5V http://www.endpcnoise.com/e/images/generic_80mm.jpg...
Page: 2

which 1?

most standard 80mm are 5V

http://www.endpcnoise.com/e/images/generic_80mm.jpg

didinino

the link for the pic isnt working mate fix pls xD

didinino

thx, i also got this site:http://www.silentpcreview.com/article6-page1.html which explained to me how i can get those volts.

imo... thats just some fool with too much time on his hand...

these fan are designed to run at 5V... and they run well at 5V... theres no reason to plug the 12V in there..
    not to mention the 12V will stress your fan out and it might die young!!!

didinino

+1
    i wont connect any fan to 12V. thx 4 warning.

edit:
    i was suggested to buy the Tuniq Tower. they claimed its silent and does the job, but the thing is that it costs like 20$ more then the zalman's fan (the one that my brother has, which i think im gonna choose as well), and i dont rly have a big budget :S

lol so i'll run a heavy game and poof, graphic card is toasted

+
    those fans at low speed are almost silent, u cant hear them unless ur ears are close to ur case.
    but thx for help on it.

any1 else have experience with this issue?

edit:
    about water cooling
    besides its price, it must be maintained all the time and that huge heat sink takes alot of space..
    as for other cooling systems, the water arent getting cooler just like that, fans do it... so point is wasted when talking about silence (it does perfect job for overclockers thats for sure).[/b]
    if a fan is so quiet that you cant hear it then usually it isn't really doing much. I used to pride myself on my old fan which was the loudest fan available (nearly as loud as a hoover).

As for watercooling, i dont really understand your point. The heatsink isn't that big, it keeps temperatures much lower than any air cooled system and it is much quieter. Doesn't require a lot of maintenance unless you are constantly messing with your components. And i dont think it needs fans, it loses heat with a radiator much like a fridge. Anyway, if i was that concerning about sound i would get watercooling.

didinino

about the noise lvl, i sleep Almost next to my comp, i dont want a loud fan , besides the current retail Intel fan is shitty, my brother had P4 i got PD, same 1 GB ram, i have GF 7600GT he has radean9600pro and he runs knight way better than mine after we bought that zalman CPU fan (the last zalman link), and he is so quiet at full speed.
    - I would love getting a water cooling system i just cant afford it at the moment.

"
    i was suggested to buy the Tuniq Tower. they claimed its silent and does the job, but the thing is that it costs like 20$ more then the zalman's fan (the one that my brother has, which i think im gonna choose as well), and i dont rly have a big budget :S
    "

do u know that tuniq Tower? like 2 ppl told me i should go for it, its quiet and does a great job ( i can even plug out the fan if the comp is on idle, since the heat sink is huge).

http://www.tuniq.com.tw/Cooler%20Info/Tower-120.htm

and thx again for ur thoughts.

fack it... keep it far away from your bed... then buy a bunch of extension cord

didinino

i wish i could

now i got the only problem:
    choosing bet the Tuniq and zalman's 7500.
    tuniq produce 20dB at silent mode and zalman produce 18dB.

tuniq is much better at high speeds, while zalman is good but not even close to tuniq.

2dB, is that a big dif? its around 25$ more for tuniq btw, so its a question of budget too.

3db = 2x noice... but

at such low db 18~20... u will not be able to tell the differ

didinino

so i think i'll go for the zalman 7500alcu which is much cheaper and does a great job, combined with 1 or 2 more case fans... now look what i've found:
    http://www.thermaltake.com/product/DCfan/V...829/a202829.asp
    watch the 80mm fan, he's very powerful at high speed and so quiet at low speed + i can locate it right in front of the CPU.

as for 120mm that i locate at front of the case itself (at the buttom ofc):
    ARCTIC COOLING AF FAN 120mm - PWM - EXHAUST/INTAKE
    now watch his details:
    Code:
    120 mm PWM Case Fan

PST :
    PWM amplifier integrated on motor circuit 
    4 pin plug for receiving power and PWM signal from motherboard 
    4 pin socket for CPU cooler or second fan 
    3 pin plug to send fan RPM signal to motherboard 

Dimensions : 120 x 120 x 38.5mm 
    Rated Fan Speed : 400 - 1500 RPM 
    Air Flow : 56.3 CFM / 94.7 m3/h 
    Noise Level : 10.0 dB(A) - 23.5.0 dB(A), 0.08 Sone - 0.5 Sone 
    Power Consumption : 12 V, 0.13 Amp. 
    Weight : 140 g 
    Bearing : Fluid Dynamic Bearing 
    Cable Length : 300mm
    seems crazy that its 10dB at low speed, as well as the air flow on low speed is very nice. at high speed it just rocks, and yet more quiet than other case fans.

so 1 or 2 case fans along with the zalman 7500 will be perfect result at reasonable price (for GPU i took VF900-Cu that belongs to zalman with 18.5~ at low speed, cpu fan is rated at 18.5~ at low speed as well).

ArtOfFighters

about the noise lvl, i sleep Almost next to my comp, i dont want a loud fan ,[/b]
    simple solution - turn pc off when sleeping,

i should have asked on here when i was upgrading my pc, a while back i bought nVidia 7600GS AGP 256mb DDR2 card, installed it and 3months later it was dead...h34r:
    replaced that with another new one 2 months ago, so far so good *fingers crossed*

didinino

it has nothing 2 do with cooling (well if u closed ur fan then yes lol), but ur have a standard GPU and u have just been unlucky on that card..

and im either dl/upl at night and merchant xD
    + comps with the screen offline take a very small amount of elecrticity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12