Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eurovision finals..

This is a discussion on Eurovision finals.. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; It's so useless Contest.. it's just sad. It's not a Song contest anymore more like who has more political friends ...
Page: 1

It's so useless Contest.. it's just sad. It's not a Song contest anymore more like who has more political friends around in europe.
    imho, they should remove all those east europe countries.. they fuck up at most.
    what you think?

i like our, Turkeys entry, Deli (Insane) by Mor ve otesi (Purple and beyond)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV0aaiHJrNA

Here is what i wrote about it on the BBC blog; there is a lot of talk in the UK media about withdrawing from eurovision like Italy and Austria did:

Heres the truth for the naive eurovision-lovers among us. Most British TV public votes are rigged, as we found out last year. In the continent where corruption is considered the norm, it is much easier to take some money from the public for the votes, and then have some men in suits decide the results to best suit the image of their country. No one even questions it or cares.

The reason the baltic countries vote for each other is precisely because of their torrid history. The only time most europeans ever hear about these small eastern countries is the eurovision song contest, so it is a good time to present a united front; pro-european but also pro-russian.

TV and radio is dominated by western music all over europe. Many countries even have quotas in place to protect their national culture (most notably, the French). A band like Muse is huge all over eastern europe, yet sending them as a nomination would prove to be just as fruitless since the votes have nothing to do with the quality of music, but are based on national image decided by a few politicians in their respective country. We could send the Beatles and still come last.

And so on to the reason Eurovision should be taken off telly. If it is not a music contest anymore since the "joke" is totally lost on most nations now, what is its purpose? It is not a celebration of culture, it is a celebration of obsolete national stereotypes. Eurovision does nothing to bring Europe closer, all it does is enforce our differences and gives tiny tiny countries a chance to show their dislike for western governments. Let them have their little party, but i am not renewing my license fee until this trash is off the BBC.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how good some1/band is.

Local Newspaper wrote also about a "Eastvision Songcontest", and it's really true.

Arthurios

true true it sucks they should have a real jury from each country or something what makes 65 % of the vote and the other votes from telephones or something. But I need to say this year we made a good song, mor ve otesi good quality but its turkish no one gets it. They should make a english song again like this one in Istanbul : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zOPR7_m44A it was a nice song and with entertainment. And a note to greece what is up with that? each year they send a fake britney spears slutty girl to get votes. They bassicly sell therself like hookers.

i disagree you arthurios.

i'd like to see/hear songs in the language of the country. makes it much interesting than the monotone-english songs.
    and then most acts are like the same in dance show too. hot girls with like 10% of their body covered and singing same shit..

tho i liked this one
    Sertab Erener-Everyway That I Can

banaanc

wtf anybody is really watching that shit ?

its a fkin freakshow

Arthurios

that was a nice song aswell good enough but I personally liked the other one more.

wtf anybody is really watching that shit ?

its a fkin freakshow[/b]
    my reason

The music sucks, and always has sucked. It used to be funny just to laugh at european music, but now they take it so seriously and actually think its some kind of prestigeous contest that they have to rig votes to win it.

The music sucks, and always has sucked. It used to be funny just to laugh at european music, but now they take it so seriously and actually think its some kind of prestigeous contest that they have to rig votes to win it.[/b]
    agreed h34r:

J3rusaL3M

lol. i dont know that still ppl care the eurovisionn

banaanc

i heard that russian gay won cause they promised to send him there next year too if they wont win h34r:

and btw wtf russia is doing in eurovision ? but there were gobbleland too i think.

SpiriT_HunteR

I thought Lordi last time were pretty good h34r:
    Maybe because im half-finnish xD

banaanc

Lordi were ok, but only cause they made nice show of what i saw in the news

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Here is what i wrote about it on the BBC blog; there is a lot of talk in the UK media about withdrawing from eurovision like Italy and Austria did:

Heres the truth for the naive eurovision-lovers among us. Most British TV public votes are rigged, as we found out last year. In the continent where corruption is considered the norm, it is much easier to take some money from the public for the votes, and then have some men in suits decide the results to best suit the image of their country. No one even questions it or cares.

The reason the baltic countries vote for each other is precisely because of their torrid history. The only time most europeans ever hear about these small eastern countries is the eurovision song contest, so it is a good time to present a united front; pro-european but also pro-russian.

TV and radio is dominated by western music all over europe. Many countries even have quotas in place to protect their national culture (most notably, the French). A band like Muse is huge all over eastern europe, yet sending them as a nomination would prove to be just as fruitless since the votes have nothing to do with the quality of music, but are based on national image decided by a few politicians in their respective country. We could send the Beatles and still come last.

And so on to the reason Eurovision should be taken off telly. If it is not a music contest anymore since the "joke" is totally lost on most nations now, what is its purpose? It is not a celebration of culture, it is a celebration of obsolete national stereotypes. Eurovision does nothing to bring Europe closer, all it does is enforce our differences and gives tiny tiny countries a chance to show their dislike for western governments. Let them have their little party, but i am not renewing my license fee until this trash is off the BBC.
    [/b]
    Brought a tear to my eye Cy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast