Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FBI closed Megaupload and arrested 4 people.

This is a discussion on FBI closed Megaupload and arrested 4 people. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; SOPA Is Dead: Smith Pulls Bill Np....
Page: 2

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

We still have ACTA in the Europe which is quite similar to SOPA.
    Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to be honest, the internet is a whole own world and it needs it's rules in a form of laws. Anyone against any laws for internet are not thinking the whole idea.
    Making the internet user less anonymous means they cannot do as much illegal stuff as they could when they're completely anonymous. among these illegal stuff, which most of i myself don't think are bad, there are still some ugly stuff happening in the webz which are against my morale. That's also why I think, these first steps to a safer internet should be accepted. What anons do is respectable but anyone even people among them are, imo, for these laws and such.. my2cents

They just unleashed the internet fury by doing this

i agree some rules may be needed. But everything needs to be worded carefully. They want these vague laws passed that allow them to make another move down the road with another law to where they eventually gain all control.

I honestly wished they do something more productive... like cutting costs/making jobs. Honestly this SOPA shit shouldnt even be close to the top of the list of priorities.. The world's economy is falling apart and they are worried about some pirated movies or something... ya thats gonna save us all.

The internet is a good tool for "citizens"... if they(government) control it... we lose a weapon.

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    SOPA Is Dead: Smith Pulls Bill

Np.
    It has been delayed! not canceled. They will simply wait until enough people forget and then bring a new 'improved' version of SOPA. Its a strategy which has been used over and over. And simply because they keep falling for it. They bring out something outrageous and they say no. So they change it a bit, to make the others believe they listened.

Quote Originally Posted by aligator View Post
    to be honest, the internet is a whole own world and it needs it's rules in a form of laws. Anyone against any laws for internet are not thinking the whole idea.
    Making the internet user less anonymous means they cannot do as much illegal stuff as they could when they're completely anonymous. among these illegal stuff, which most of i myself don't think are bad, there are still some ugly stuff happening in the webz which are against my morale. That's also why I think, these first steps to a safer internet should be accepted. What anons do is respectable but anyone even people among them are, imo, for these laws and such.. my2cents
    SOPA is not made to establish a safer internet.

Check this: How SOPA and PIPA Would Affect You | The Voyager

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    i agree some rules may be needed. But everything needs to be worded carefully. They want these vague laws passed that allow them to make another move down the road with another law to where they eventually gain all control.

I honestly wished they do something more productive... like cutting costs/making jobs. Honestly this SOPA shit shouldnt even be close to the top of the list of priorities.. The world's economy is falling apart and they are worried about some pirated movies or something... ya thats gonna save us all.

The internet is a good tool for "citizens"... if they(government) control it... we lose a weapon.

I agree on setting priorities to something more productive. Europ€ is carried by Germany right now, as countries like Greece, Portugal, Ireland etc. are having their last meals.

Also the internet is indeed a weapon for the citizen, but it's to be used carefully. It makes people naive, when they read stuff someone else writes. They, in some cases myself too, believe in what is written and told in the internet. I see internet as a weapon for us, yea, but it is a biological one and not fair when not used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by iAbuseHell View Post
    It has been delayed! not canceled. They will simply wait until enough people forget and then bring a new 'improved' version of SOPA. Its a strategy which has been used over and over. And simply because they keep falling for it. They bring out something outrageous and they say no. So they change it a bit, to make the others believe they listened.

SOPA is not made to establish a safer internet.

Check this: How SOPA and PIPA Would Affect You | The Voyager
    I do know that and also that the laws lack on precision. However I do still believe that the first intention is to make the internet a safer place. pirateering is never considered as something good except in One Piece and fighting that, means automatically, they're making our web safer.

Could it be done in another way? I do believe so, If the UNO would bring a law where all pirateering websites would get closed down and the owner locked up, then the US wouldn't be the one doing it only. However, as you might know, what UNO (i.e) tells a nation is not an obligation.

Yeh.... the governments are thinking in $$$ nowadays - it's sad they think that money is worth more than a persons life

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    Yeh.... the governments are thinking in $$$ nowadays - it's sad they think that money is worth more than a persons life
    True that but the guy who made megaupload is the same as them...
    Money and power is the root of all evil

Cars seized to MegaUpload owner, Kim Dotcom — Car Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    ya...that's how the world is going on nowadays...

I miss megavideo for watch all my movies and animes

Anonymous Strike Again
    lawl

I don't get it anyways, why it should be that bad for hollywood, they are overpayed.. Does Megan Fox know what it is to be broke? Or Tom Cruise? Or any of the stars. They should do their job because their passion and not just for the money. Fucking greedy moneywhores -.-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12