Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Getting too old for this........

This is a discussion on Getting too old for this........ within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Well on the 29th September I am going to University in Oxford to start a computing degree. Now nothing too ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Well on the 29th September I am going to University in Oxford to start a computing degree. Now nothing too big but I am doing all of this as an mature student. I'm currently 29 and I will be hitting 30 at the end of the year. I am going to be studying with people a fuck load younger than me and I am going to feel such an old man lol. Worse thing is I meet my tutours in a few weeks and I'm really nervious as I not done this type of thing for over 10 years!

Can't teach an old dog new tricks but this old cat will have to learn a thing or two! On the plus side there will be plenty of post grads near my age who will no doubt like an older man! Also while others have push bikes and clapped out Saxos I will have my old school cool Alpina!

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Goodluck

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Well on the 29th September I am going to University in Oxford to start a computing degree. Now nothing too big but I am doing all of this as an mature student. I'm currently 29 and I will be hitting 30 at the end of the year. I am going to be studying with people a fuck load younger than me and I am going to feel such an old man lol. Worse thing is I meet my tutours in a few weeks and I'm really nervious as I not done this type of thing for over 10 years!

Can't teach an old dog new tricks but this old cat will have to learn a thing or two! On the plus side there will be plenty of post grads near my age who will no doubt like an older man! Also while others have push bikes and clapped out Saxos I will have my old school cool Alpina![/b]
    Don't worry mate, since you're older you probably have more motivation than when you were younger. I personally hated school and I never paid attention during class.
    Now I miss those times and I'd prefer be studying instead of working :P

Cheaaa, get em' young Felix!

ur only too old when u urself belive u are...

Banned

Damn, Felix is going for a degree and looking for a smart/hot chick at the same time! (GL with the latter man, finding a girl who is smart AND looks good is like me exercising; happens once, maybe twice, in a lifetime. Although, since they are smart, they'll realize that they would probably end up better with you over most of those "cool" youngins'.)

your older so your tougher! beat up and steal money from the younger smaller kids, get yourself a reputation! be set for life then.

but seriously, gl. Does that mean you have/will soon be off the high doses of daily medication and severe pain, aka, your back better yet?

Backs screwed for life , I've gotta just get on and move on. I lost my job because of my back so thought the best option was to get into Uni and get a degree under my belt.

Damn, Felix is going for a degree and looking for a smart/hot chick at the same time! (GL with the latter man, finding a girl who is smart AND looks good is like me exercising; happens once, maybe twice, in a lifetime. Although, since they are smart, they'll realize that they would probably end up better with you over most of those "cool" youngins'.)[/b]
    no zach, mowing the lawn isnt exercise, especially when your doing it, for online gaming reasons

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Look on the bright side, at least you'll be able to fulfill some of those undergrad chicks' older man fantasies.

evilwevel

have fun, but whatever you do please shave your beard. we've had some older people in our class as well and the only thing that really gave it away were the full grown beards :lol:

have fun, but whatever you do please shave your beard. we've had some older people in our class as well and the only thing that really gave it away were the full grown beards :lol:[/b]
    LOL I don't have a beard

I find that awesome felix.

I think it takes a lot of will and courage to go back to university at your age ! Good luck and think to yourself that it is the best option !

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

You going to brookes or oxford?

My brother went to the actual Oxford and did maths as he's a fuckin mentalist (100% in A levels/gcse's).. But really hated it at oxfrod cos of all the stuck-up people and the different and complex teaching methods.

Have fun you oldie

Look on the bright side, at least you'll be able to fulfill some of those undergrad chicks' older man fantasies. [/b]
    Plodez, not to rain on your parade or anything hun, but we dont have those.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast