''Home'' (NOT ps3 home) You should see this.

This is a discussion on ''Home'' (NOT ps3 home) You should see this. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU Quote; www.imdb.com 30 out of 40 people found the following comment useful:- A wake up call.. for all of ...
Page: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Quote; www.imdb.com
    30 out of 40 people found the following comment useful:-
    A wake up call.. for all of us, 5 June 2009
    8.4/10 1,537 votes

This is my first review on IMDb ever, but I thought this documentary deserved it. The cinematography of this documentary is amazing, even the images of pollution of the environment that humans have caused look remarkably appealing to the eye. But this documentary is much more than a stream of beautiful images from across the world.

The message that the documentary contains is a strong one: unlike our nations, our ecosystem doesn't have any borders. As humans organized in nation states, we spend 12 times as much on weapons to defend ourselves from each other than we spend on aid for the poorest. The effects of the exploitation of our shared ecosystem will affect us all and will hit those who already face the toughest circumstances the hardest. The problems that our world faces, cannot be solved by any country alone. Too long have we focused on what separates us as citizens of specific countries, without realizing that we are all bound together as human beings. Without a rapidly growing global awareness of the situation we are facing, we will leave a much harsher environment for our children, in which natural resources on which we all depend will become increasingly scarce.

I am a student in my twenties; the state the world is in today, is how my generation will inherit it, before we will have had the chance to have any effect on this trend. Can this really be the inheritance of a generation that dedicated itself to peace, love and happiness? Maybe. Or maybe it's not too late just yet. You might still be a skeptic about the message the documentary tries to convey after reading my comments, but I promise you this: it will be much harder to be skeptic about that message after having watched Home.[/b]

DISCUSS

evilwevel

that shit is long ... to tired to watch it right now. maybe you should give a short description on what it's about ? so people know they won't throw away 1,5 hour of their life ? :P

Still watching
    And edited my post.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I guess I won't need to rent a movie tonight :mellow: