If the IRS is going to tax game USD transactions...

This is a discussion on If the IRS is going to tax game USD transactions... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; If the IRS is going to tax game USD transactions, then they should also offer seller's protection. They can't tax ...
Page: 1

Psy

If the IRS is going to tax game USD transactions, then they should also offer seller's protection. They can't tax something and not offer a sort of insurance. That is why I think they have no right to tax ingame transactions.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

and we are not supposed to have USD transactions with game based items/characters anyway... whats ur point?

Psy

It's not supported by k2, they will not offer assistance for USD transactions or a scammed item (It says that when you enter the website).

It's not supported by k2, they will not offer assistance for USD transactions or a scammed item (It says that when you enter the website).[/b]

name me at least 1 MMPORG where it does not violate the ToS/EULA to sell Ingame-Items and/or Accounts for USD.

:lol:

Psy

name me at least 1 MMPORG where it does not violate the ToS/EULA to sell Ingame-Items and/or Accounts for USD.[/b]
    Second Life

In these games, I guess it is comparable to the selling of illegal drugs, therefor it's the same as the taxation of marijuana.

Second Life

In these games, I guess it is comparable to the selling of illegal drugs, therefor it's the same as the taxation of marijuana.[/b]
    Second Life falls into another category tho, considering the game is based on buying and equipping yourself with real life cash anyway, through that store thingy.. not to mention it is made as an online stock exchange

Banned

You can sell time. Time collecting an item.

There is no EULA or TOS in the world that can deny you of selling your time.

"I am not selling a virtual item because you can't sell virtual item it doesn't exist. I am selling my time spent working to obtain the virtual item."

The IRS can suck my dick.

Zxenke

You can sell time. Time collecting an item.

There is no EULA or TOS in the world that can deny you of selling your time.

"I am not selling a virtual item because you can't sell virtual item it doesn't exist. I am selling my time spent working to obtain the virtual item."

The IRS can suck my dick.[/b]
    Time isn't a physical quantity though. So you would buy someone's time? What does that get you? Hell, I'll sell someone all the time I spent playing my account...if people collect time ofc...

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Time isn't a physical quantity though. So you would buy someone's time? What does that get you? Hell, I'll sell someone all the time I spent playing my account...if people collect time ofc...[/b]
    its called "man hours" next time u go to get ur car repaired at a garage u can guarantee theyre charging a lot for man hours put into ur car

Zxenke

That's like saying you would pay someone to go on your account to get the item for you, but not to sell an item already in the other persons possession. Then it falls under normal transactions.