Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ipod Classic Question

This is a discussion on Ipod Classic Question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; My girlfriend wants an ipod. Which one should i get? The 160 gb or the 80 gbs. The 160 is ...
Page: 1

Banned

My girlfriend wants an ipod. Which one should i get? The 160 gb or the 80 gbs. The 160 is 350 dollars and the 80 is 250. What do you guys recommend. I have a friend that told me to buy the 80 gb, take off the hd, sell it on ebay, buy a 160 gb hd and it will cost cheaper than buying the 350 dollar default 160 gb ipod. If i upgrade the hd, would the warranty be voided? Please let me know.

I am kind of stressed out about this. She has been complaining for a while, but she doesn't understand that I am very sick right now and need to pay my bills. I want to be cost efficient, please help me.

TunaFishyMe

i am pretty sure for all electronics, once you open it up, the warranty is voided. The companies always make it so they can tell if you opened it. And when you try to replace something if it breaks, you have to send everything in for inspection.

sexyrexy

i dont see why you would need more than 80 gigs but id buy a ipod touch anyway

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

80 gb? goddamn lol a 16 gb itouch works for me, why does she need all that memory lol 30k songs?

Banned

80 gb? goddamn lol a 16 gb itouch works for me, why does she need all that memory lol 30k songs?[/b]
    She has a lot of songs. She specificallly told me to get the 160 gb ipod. Three days ago, she sent me an email with three websites of stores that sell the 160 gb ipod. She is persistant. It is so annoying, you know you don't want to spend the money, but you have no choice. I wish I can just tell her to fuck off.

Do you guys recommend Ebay for an ipod? How often do they break? How often do they malfunction? Should I buy from outlets that sell without a waranty? Ebay is 120 dollars cheaper.

First of all, and this is simply my own personal preference, don't get the Classic unless she knows exactly what she is getting. In the Classic, Apple made it so every menu was a split screen thing, which is annoying. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go show her a demo unit in a store, just to make sure that is what she wants.

About switching out the HD: Unless you're extremely knowledgeable in minute electronic parts, don't even bother. The iPod is so packed together that you'd never make it all fit back in correctly.

eBay: eBay is great to purchase iPods, as long as you check out the guy you're buying from. Personally, I've bought both an iPod Video (30gb) and a iPod touch (8gb) from eBay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Only reason that I sold them was because I wanted to get a MacBook lol.

Anything else you need to know, I'll be glad to help.

123YourMin3

I also just bought an ipod touch, got it yesterday and everything seems fine other than a few scratches on the back, which was stated in the ebay ad. I was thinking about geting the 80 gb model, but then realized that I dont even think I have enough songs to fill it up, let alone with songs I normally listen to. Plus, the touch just looks way better

And about the HD switching, if you're looking down that road, if anything get your friend to do it for you.

agendas

get 80gb she cant possibly have THAT many songs and otherwise she can suck it up

Banned

This is just an update, you were right Shurt, she didn't know what she wanted. We went to an Apple store near my university. I thought they were offering 10 % student discount, but they only offer that on the mac. However, the guy who works there Yamik was in my POLS 101 class. The guy saved my ass big time. He convinced her that the classic often malfunctions, hd skips, and it takes a long time for repairs. I used that to sweet talk, "sorry the expert says so, we should buy the 80 because the 160 sounds like a bad investment in the long run." She finally gave up because I just kept saying no; we bought the black 80gb one for around 230 including tax. The guy was awesome, he went out of his way to use his sales discount. If you get caught doing that, you get fired. I am meeting up with him today to pick it up and pay him. Thanks for the help guys.

why would u go to an apple store man take that shit to best buy buy a similiar ipod off someone thats brick swap out important shit and return it on 90 day return its 100%

best buys 90 day return works on soo much bull shit used to get free phones with a few insurance policies depending on the provider

Banned

Man your GF is a gold digger. Get rid of her.

howly shit, 160gb. Thats fukkin insane lol.

I got 16gb and thats fine for me. Eventho im pretty much a musicfreak, I never put all the songs I got on my IPOD. I clean my IPOD out like once a week with songs I heard too much and swap them with some new stuff. Tell her that and give her a 80gb ipod lol.

Banned

why would u go to an apple store man take that shit to best buy buy a similiar ipod off someone thats brick swap out important shit and return it on 90 day return its 100%

best buys 90 day return works on soo much bull shit used to get free phones with a few insurance policies depending on the provider[/b]
    Sorry, I don't like to scam business establishments like some people. (unless it's Dell Customer Support) Also, the Apple shop is down the street. As I said, I am very sick right now. I am supposed to be in bed rest. I didn't feel like driving 30 minutes to the nearest Best Buy.

Man your GF is a gold digger. Get rid of her.[/b]
    Watch your mouth vandy. I swear ill mail you anthrax.

** ships some antibiotics to vandy **

** ships some antibiotics to vandy **[/b]

Damn, you got Levaquin? My insurance from the government won't even cover that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast