LOL Ipod pwned :P

This is a discussion on LOL Ipod pwned :P within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/10/24/i...e.ap/index.html man i didnt know ipod only could play itunes, and to think i wanted one :angry:...
Page: 1

I_Am_On_Ares

Default LOL Ipod pwned :P

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/10/24/i...e.ap/index.html

man i didnt know ipod only could play itunes, and to think i wanted one :angry:

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i use itunes and i dont have an ipod...i dont buy my music either :rollseyes: what that says is basicly:

if u buy a song from (song selling company A) and try to transfer it to ur ipod it wont work because companies put protection things on the files and ipod only works with apples protection or no protection at all ...hes made a program that bipasses that protection problem from other companies....

now take for example u download music that doesnt have that protection on it(like 99% of the free songs out there :P) theyll work fine with ipod...go down the street and look at the 1000s of people with ipods...u think they all buy music from apple? rofl ya right :rollseyes:

Ipod can play anything. I have a 30gb one and I've never bought a single song off iTunes.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Shurt
    Ipod can play anything. I have a 30gb one and I've never bought a single song off iTunes.
    1+, but mine is 4gig nano

NooBZilla

ipod can play any music it doesnt have to be from i-tunes, i think if you download something from i-tunes it might cost but not 100% sure. But i personally think i-pods suck, better brands if you ask me then i-pod

p.s my mp3 player is 40 gb :P

I_Am_On_Ares

pshh then whats all the fuss of him cracking the stupid code? lol. so basically this guy spend alot of time for nothing ..... ipod owned him :P

bleaF

i think that guy is from norway i think in a swedish newspaper it said he was 15years old when he cracked dvd-codes or something :S

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shurt
    1+, but mine is 4gig nano[/b]
    good coincidence since ur penis is 4cm nano too h43r:

i got the 4gb one, but the bit old ones, not nano but mine, i ain't asian :P. And noone of the songs in it was purchased.. fuck that, wanting to charge me from music <_<

1UnknownMuthaFuka

niggers 40 gb ftw

Dorn

oh yeah i got you all beat...i dont have one :P

Hypnos

It's called Digital Rights Management.

If you buy a song from iTunes, you get an AAC file. You can't copy the file like a normal MP3, because it's protected. Every time it plays, it makes sure that you actually do infact own the song. If you try to copy the file through normal means, on to another system, it will not play on that system.

But, of course, people have found ways to crack this, and turn their bought music in to unprotected files, so they can do with them as they please.

The guy that's doing the cracking, is actually the same guy we have to thank that we have the ability to copy DVDs. He was the first to break the encryption that DVD movies have.

Originally posted by Hypnos
    It's called Digital Rights Management. *

If you buy a song from iTunes, you get an AAC file. You can't copy the file like a normal MP3, because it's protected. Every time it plays, it makes sure that you actually do infact own the song. If you try to copy the file through normal means, on to another system, it will not play on that system.

But, of course, people have found ways to crack this, and turn their bought music in to unprotected files, so they can do with them as they please. *

The guy that's doing the cracking, is actually the same guy we have to thank that we have the ability to copy DVDs. He was the first to break the encryption that DVD movies have.
    So he's a god for most of this forum? :P

I_Am_On_Ares

how to use itunes without paying? :rollseyes:

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares
    how to use itunes without paying? *:rollseyes:
    Same way you use any other media player. Add your music/movies to the library.