Onlive

This is a discussion on Onlive within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Part 1 of interview Part 2 of interview...
Page: 1

most anticipated ....

edit: the real video was after the boxing commercial

|
    V

Thats an Advertisement that shows up before the actual video. :huh:

Its about the possible future of computer gaming.

just watched the interview, the monthly fee for that software has gotta be through the roof....
    theyr'e making it so you can play xbox360 games and ps3 games on ur pc :blink:

the crysis thing is rediculous, where he says only a small number of very high-end computers can run it at max settings, but using onlive any basic computer can run it with max settings (since i guess the game is actually running on the onlive server and not your computer)

just watched the interview, the monthly fee for that software has gotta be through the roof....
    theyr'e making it so you can play xbox360 games and ps3 games on ur pc :blink:

the crysis thing is rediculous, where he says only a small number of very high-end computers can run it at max settings, but using onlive any basic computer can run it with max settings (since i guess the game is actually running on the onlive server and not your computer)[/b]
    You don't run PS3/360 games through it, only PC games.

And yeah the actual game is somewhere else, its a US based system but they should open up to Canada after they are running and if its a success. They might make seperate servers for Europe after a few years.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I read on another forum that this might be a 1 april joke. They also said that this couldn't be possible for a reason im not gonna overtype ^^

I read on another forum that this might be a 1 april joke. They also said that this couldn't be possible for a reason im not gonna overtype ^^[/b]
    Its freaking out all of the custom computer building junkies :P

If they don't announce that its a joke on April1/09, then we will just wait untill later this year.

april fools joke would make more sense....

Banned Senior Member

People dont usually joke around that much at things like GDC, E3, or TGS. And this was given alot of attention at GDC this year. And yes you can do ps3/360 stuff on it, all it does it stream the data to your pc/tv, it's being "played" somewhere else in a sense

lol i musta closed it out when i saw the ad but ya this is dumb jus hearing him sounds like it would be overpriced i pay 20 bucks a month so i can keep games forever if i want but

this is not the future of gaming maybe for pc ... but for consoles would be a hybrid xbox 720 and ps4 so that they can play online together with each other and ofc bringing keyboard and mouse to consoles is the future and would really eliminate pc gaming if you ask me

Banned

metalkon why do you have to be such a nice guy

metalkon why do you have to be such a nice guy [/b]
    Its because I cannot resist being a nice guy. I treat others the way i'd treat myself, and I think that I do a pretty good job at roleplaying the way that some other people think in general to help myself understand stuff (I like being open minded). h34r:

evilwevel

perfectly possible. we just had a presentation about VMware's future last monday and they were talking about the same thing but more inside one company.

and they know what they're talking about. they're probably Microsoft's biggest enemy :lol: