Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oral exam

This is a discussion on Oral exam within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Well, next week I got diploma exams and there's an English oral exam. First part; Introduction Second part; Presentation of ...
Page: 1

Well, next week I got diploma exams and there's an English oral exam.

First part; Introduction
    Second part; Presentation of a given topic to your partner.
    Third part; Discussion about a given topic with your partner.

Now, for the 2nd and 3rd part I can't really train but the introduction is something I can prepare. I thought of something like this:

Hello, my name is Ali xxxx and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzerland since I was born and live right now with my parents and my younger brother.I usually go to Turkey in the summer vacations. My family in Turkey are near Denizli, which is a crowded city. Usually we visit my grandparents first and for the last 2 weeks we go to the sea. Last year for example it was Alanya. My hobbies are being outside with my friends and watching movies. After the mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade, which gave me the opportunity to work practically and find an apprenticeship. Next year I started my schooling to Electrician. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. With help from outside, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon I found a job as Electrician again. Not long after that I lost my job for a second time and was very frustrated. After a while I went to a school, where a girl did this school and I was interested as well. From the start on, I took this school very serious, since it is probably my last chance for an education to a profession.

Any comments? :/
    Note: I have to talk about 3-5 minutes about myself

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

I fail to see any references to ur ko career xD

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

I think in conclusion to your essay you should whip out your cock and say 'or4l th1s b1tch3z'. Its the finesse you are lacking in your overall presentation.

Community Nazý Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Just skimmed over it real fast :< I can&#39;t help it, but reading it just sounds soooooo wrong. Always failed at doing proper introductions.

And please, rename your topic title to "Oral exam", when first reading it I was expecting something totally different.. and I doubt it&#39;ll take long for Dro to join in here too.. being mislead by its title.

As it goes for the presentation: http://www.totallycrap.de/magazine/c...icken_chicken/

Hello, my name is Ali xxxx and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzerland since I was born and live right now with my parents and my younger brother.I usually go to Turkey in the summer vacations. My family in Turkey are near Denizli, which is a crowded city. Usually we visit my grandparents first and for the last 2 weeks we go to the sea. Last year for example it was Alanya. My hobbies are being outside with my friends and watching movies. After the mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade, which gave me the opportunity to work practically and find an apprenticeship. Next year I started my schooling to Electrician. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. With help from outside, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon I found a job as Electrician again. Not long after that I lost my job for a second time and was very frustrated. After a while I went to a school, where a girl did this school and I was interested as well. From the start on, I took this school very serious, since it is probably my last chance for an education to a profession.[/b]
    Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. (I would have done this one different, but.. german/swiss schools don&#39;t care as long as you get the meaning through and your pronunciation is right.. I&#39;ve been there myself :<)
    Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzlerand ever since I was born. (Wait what? This one might cause confusion, so you have turkish roots but been born swiss? Or you&#39;ve been born in turkey and have been shipped via a high-tech transport device, stolen from terminator 3, to the swiss a ms right after you popped out of that belly of your mother?)
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. (Always make sure to point out you still have both your parents! They like hearing that). I usually go to Turkey, for summer vacation. (Would have done it different again, but... for school standarts this is perfectly fine.)
    My family in Turkey, lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. (Drop the which, makes you sound... lame :<) At first, we visit my grandparents, after that we spent the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with my friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After the mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade, this not only gave me a great opportunity to work as an trainee/intern but it also got me an apprenticeship. A year just after that, I started my schooling as Electrician. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. (listing one or the other here, might put some interesting fact in this whole introduction :< if not, I would just leave it out.. an introduction doesn&#39;t necessarily mean you have to give them your biography)
    With help from the outside, (such as?) I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a job as Electrician, again. Not long after that, I lost my job for a second time. (No need to mention, it got you frustrated, that&#39;s quite obvious there and giving too much detail of just about everything makes this whole thing more boring than it already is... I would recommend listing a reason as to why you lost your job the first and second time.)

After a while I went to a school, where a girl did this school and I was interested as well. (What? Alright, either: You went to a school, where you met a girl you&#39;ve got interested in. Or you went to a school, because that girl went to the school and the both of you where interested in the same line of work hence attending the same schooling.)

From the start on, I took this school very serious, since it is probably my last chance for an education to a profession. (This is a cry for pity :< Sorry to be so harsh, but it just... cries for it.. I would rather leave it out completely, or make it sound wayyyyyyyyyy less... pitiful?)

Just skimmed over it real fast :< I can&#39;t help it, but reading it just sounds soooooo wrong. Always failed at doing proper introductions.

And please, rename your topic title to "Oral exam", when first reading it I was expecting something totally different.. and I doubt it&#39;ll take long for Dro to join in here too.. being mislead by its title.

As it goes for the presentation: http://www.totallycrap.de/magazine/c...icken_chicken/
    Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. (I would have done this one different, but.. german/swiss schools don&#39;t care as long as you get the meaning through and your pronunciation is right.. I&#39;ve been there myself :<)
    Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzlerand ever since I was born. (Wait what? This one might cause confusion, so you have turkish roots but been born swiss? Or you&#39;ve been born in turkey and have been shipped via a high-tech transport device, stolen from terminator 3, to the swiss a ms right after you popped out of that belly of your mother?)
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. (Always make sure to point out you still have both your parents! They like hearing that). I usually go to Turkey, for summer vacation. (Would have done it different again, but... for school standarts this is perfectly fine.)
    My family in Turkey, lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. (Drop the which, makes you sound... lame :<) At first, we visit my grandparents, after that we spent the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with my friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After the mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade, this not only gave me a great opportunity to work as an trainee/intern but it also got me an apprenticeship. A year just after that, I started my schooling as Electrician. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. (listing one or the other here, might put some interesting fact in this whole introduction :< if not, I would just leave it out.. an introduction doesn&#39;t necessarily mean you have to give them your biography)
    With help from the outside, (such as?) I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a job as Electrician, again. Not long after that, I lost my job for a second time. (No need to mention, it got you frustrated, that&#39;s quite obvious there and giving too much detail of just about everything makes this whole thing more boring than it already is... I would recommend listing a reason as to why you lost your job the first and second time.)

After a while I went to a school, where a girl did this school and I was interested as well. (What? Alright, either: You went to a school, where you met a girl you&#39;ve got interested in. Or you went to a school, because that girl went to the school and the both of you where interested in the same line of work hence attending the same schooling.)

From the start on, I took this school very serious, since it is probably my last chance for an education to a profession. (This is a cry for pity :< Sorry to be so harsh, but it just... cries for it.. I would rather leave it out completely, or make it sound wayyyyyyyyyy less... pitiful?)[/b]
    Well, first off, it took me like 10 minutes to write this text and yes, I have to work on it for a while. That&#39;s why, I need help from here, where a lot of good english speaking people are.

About the presentation: It&#39;s only talking, no big deal, no pp. "What do you think about global warming?" >bablabla, partner asks some stuff, I answer them.

Now, back to the introduction:
    Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzlerand ever since I was born.
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. My family in Turkey, lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. At first, we visit my grandparents, after that we spent the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya, which has a beautiful beach. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with my friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After the mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade, this not only gave me a great opportunity to work as an trainee/intern but it also got me an apprenticeship. A year just after that, I started my schooling as Electrician. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. One of the reasons was, that I was weak in Electrotechnique in the school, which is the most important (fach?). With help from my friends, my family and my RAV council, who motivated me all the time, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a job as Electrician, again. Not long after that, I lost my job for a second time, because I didn&#39;t meet the requirements for a 2nd grade electrician.
    After a while I went to a school, where a girl was in Bénédict earlier. She told me that the school might be something for me, since she saw my gigantic dick..

HALP!

(btw, I was born in switzerland as a turk.)

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

Did you need help with grammar or what you want to talk about?

Did you need help with grammar or what you want to talk about?[/b]
    feedback about the style and grammar.

i was hoping something like your teacher came up to you after class and gave you an "oral exam" and now your asking ko4life what to do next

i was hoping something like your teacher came up to you after class and gave you an "oral exam" and now your asking ko4life what to do next[/b]
    Unfortunately not the case.

evilwevel

modifications red = old, blue = new

Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzlerand I have been living in Switzerland ever since I was born.
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. My family in TurkeyMy Turkish family lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. At firstWhen we are visiting our Turkish family, we always visit my grandparents first and after that we spend the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya, which has a beautiful beach. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with my friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After themandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade. This not only gave me a great opportunity to work as an a trainee/intern but it also got me an apprenticeship. A year just after that, I started my schooling as ElectricianOne year later i started my studies for my degree in electronics. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. One of the reasons was that I was rather weak in Electrotechnique in the at school, which is the most important course (fach?). With help from my friends, my family and my RAV council, who motivated me all the time, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a job as an Electrician again once more. Not long after that, I lost my job for a second time because I didn&#39;t meet the requirements for a 2nd grade electriciana 2nd grade electrician should have.
    After a while I went to a school, where a girl was in Bénédict earlier. She told me that the school might be something for me, since she saw my gigantic dick..

which gives us :

Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but I have been living in Switzerland ever since I was born.
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. My Turkish family lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. When we are visiting our Turkish family, we always visit my grandparents first and after that we spend the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya, which has a beautiful beach. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade. This not only gave me a great opportunity to work as a trainee/intern but it also got me an apprenticeship. One year later i started my studies for my degree in electronics. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. One of the reasons was that I was rather weak in Electrotechnique at school, which is the most important course. With help from my friends, my family and my RAV council, who motivated me all the time, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a job as an Electrician once more. Not long after that, I lost my job for a second time because I didn&#39;t meet the requirements a 2nd grade electrician should have.

English is my 3rd language so it&#39;s possible i overlooked some minor things. try writing some more, no way this is going to last 3 minutes unless you&#39;re a really slow talker and you can remember everything. never EVER learn your lines for an oral exam, forget one line and you could hang due to a blackout !

and be careful with your commas. not everything ends with a comma :P also remember it&#39;s a trainee but an internship

My edit - English is my first language, so i&#39;ll give it my best shot
    Red = my edit
    Green = you need to add....
    Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. I was born in Turkey, but I have been living in Switzerland ever since then.
    I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. My Turkish family be a bit more specific...grandparents, uncle, who is it? lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. When we are visiting our them, we always visit my grandparents first and after that we spend the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya,where in Turkey, centre, north near capital? which has a beautiful beach. As for my hobbies, I like being social, having a good time with friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.
    After mandatory school, I absolved the voluntary 10th grade. This not only gave me a great opportunity to work as a trainee/intern but I also gained an apprenticeship. One year later i started my studies for my degree in electronics. After 3 semesters I had to quit the job due to several reasons. One of the reasons was that I was rather weak in Electrotechnique at school, which is the most important aspect of thecourse. With great supportfrom my friends, my family and my RAV council, who motivated me hugely, I started the BIP-programm and searched for another apprenticeship. Soon enough, I found a secondjob as an Electrician once more. Not long after that, I lost my job once morebecause, unfortunately, I didn&#39;t meet the requirements of a 2nd grade electrician.[/b]
    there you go, and GL

Thanks for everyone. The examination went very well and smooth.

However, I only talked about:
    Hello, my name is Ali and I am 21 years old. Originally I am from Turkey, but live in Switzlerand ever since I was born.
    As for right now, I currently live with both my parents and my younger brother. My family in Turkey, lives near Denizli, a very crowded city. At first, we visit my grandparents, after that we spent the next 2 weeks of vacation at the sea. Last year for example, we were in Alanya, which has a beautiful beach. As for my hobbies, I like being casual, having a good time with my friends, or just watching a movie every now and then.

then the teacher asked me some stuff about turkey and I started to talk freestyle.
    Had a nice discussion about legalizing drugs, which went very smooth with my partner as well.

Expecting a 5.5+ (6.0 is max)

<3

Seaside? Senior Member Leo_BREMEN's Avatar

Thanks for everyone. The examination went very well and smooth.

However, I only talked about:

then the teacher asked me some stuff about turkey and I started to talk freestyle.
    Had a nice discussion about legalizing drugs, which went very smooth with my partner as well.

Expecting a 5.5+ (6.0 is max)
    <3[/b]

that means you will get the role, playing the horse in this indonesian gay porn?

nice, gratz bro!

PTOWN

ORAL LIKE SEX???

ORAL LIKE SEX???[/b]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast