Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paypal Help If any1 can

This is a discussion on Paypal Help If any1 can within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Alright so basically i see alot of people want to use Paypal to make transfers and it sounds better to ...
Page: 1

Thumbs up

Alright so basically i see alot of people want to use Paypal to make transfers and it sounds better to me to then to have to pay a WU fee everytime waste of money. Now my problem is i have registered for an account with PP but i have no idea were to start, so i though this would be a good way to get ppl's feedback on how to get started, anything would really help as i have no clue lol,

-Why do ppl want to make transfers with Only Trustables via PP, what is the risk there?
    -What is the process ? like with WU you just ask for the senders or receivers Name/Addres/ ...etc and you send or receive with that, how do you send or receive money through PP?
    -How fast are the money transfers? ( WU takes up to 15 mins )
    -What should i watch out for? any ways of getting scammed through PP? seems pretty secure.

Thanx

Could my other topic plz get closed, i couldnt edit it or anything TY.

miami

stick to WU.
    - theirs no such thing as "trusties"
    - u can get chargedback meaning they send u the money then lie and get it back leaving u with empty hands
    + u get the money instantly as soon as they send it
    - 2.5% fee i think maybe higher

stick to WU.[/b]
    Whys that any personal experiences?

miami

ive never did anything with WU but from what ive read once u send the money thats it theirs no way of getting it back with paypal people can scam u they can send the money and then chargeback and get the money back
    also look at the cheaters section all the scams are through paypal you dont see anything about WU =P

Banned

paypal is only good for buying not selling

ive never did anything with WU but from what ive read once u send the money thats it theirs no way of getting it back with paypal people can scam u they can send the money and then chargeback and get the money back
    also look at the cheaters section all the scams are through paypal you dont see anything about WU =P[/b]
    Ahh which answers my question about ppl wanting only trustables for PP, damm but still WU transaction fees are too much like i dont even wana bother with buying a char lower then lvl 70 cuz they are worth like almost nothing and i will have to pay like about 20% of the chars value in fees.

If you are buying use paypal.

If you are selling, use WU.

Why? well i have personally used both, but paypal carries a HUGE risk for sellers because the buyer could simply make up some bullshit story about loosing his credit card or whatever, and he would be able to TAKE BACK ALL THE MONEY HE SENT YOU. This has happened a LOT in the past so unless you really trust the person (although theres nobody you can trust over the internet to be honest...) dont sell to em via paypal.

WU carries a huge fee, so what i did in the past was i made a huge discount on my items i was selling so that people would use WU, and even after the WU fees, my items were cheaper than the average price. This way, i may have earned less money, but the money was 100% mine, and NO chance of getting it scammed outa my hands. (unless a robber robs me in real life..)

xanarchistx

My take:
    1. No matter how trustable soemone is, there is a risk of chargeback. I sold a kid a $200 dagger at +7 he broke to +8... The next day he charged me back... He was one of the most trustable players in the server, and had been on my account unsealed before.

2. I never did a trade after that, and the little bit of money that you pay with WU ensures you get the other $200. Make the other person pay fees and still charge full price, or split it.

$200 item, make them pay $210 and u handle the fees... (normally fees 15-25) so u dont lose fully.

Pay pal sales just entice a scam.

Zaczaco11

- 2.5% fee i think maybe higher[/b]
    Isn't WU 27% fee?

Isn't WU 27% fee?[/b]
    Ill take not losing the money for sure over most likely losing the money for that outrageous fee.

Pay-Pal is only good for small amount trades.

always used pp, never had any chargeback problems, altough ppl like to use wu just to be safe...
    -trustable doesnt really mean jack shit but at least its something rather than just trading with the forum newbie.
    -u need a pp account which requires for you to imput ur bank details to become a "premium member" (if u want to get ur $ onto ur bank acc ) ,
    or just make a pp account and have e-money to spend on whatever website supports PP without you being able to actually see some real cash
    -whoever sends money is always right in the eyes of pp unless proved otherwise (be careful, take screenshots, have ur msn logs ready ,screenshots all that proof bullshit)
    sorry for the messy typing and spelling mistakes drunk asdfsdf

King0fKingZ

Paypal is a rsik when ppl charge back

I think deals around 100-200$ over paypal are ok

but deals with huge amount maybe 300-2000$ is dumb over paypal, well maybe with some ppl here in Ko4life I would do the deal

old Diez goodguns are included , but I would never sell to newbies on this forum any item for high amount

For my experience the most scammers are ppl with new registration date

If you use paypal, make up a payment request and add at notes

" By accepting this money request, the service is valid and has been performed. Therefore after money transaction, no chargeback will be able to be performed "

No way of getting charge backed then.

Only thing is, if you send the request, you'll end up paying the fees. But rather paying the fees then getting charge backed if you ask me :P

Banned

If you use paypal, make up a payment request and add at notes

" By accepting this money request, the service is valid and has been performed. Therefore after money transaction, no chargeback will be able to be performed "

No way of getting charge backed then.

Only thing is, if you send the request, you'll end up paying the fees. But rather paying the fees then getting charge backed if you ask me :P[/b]
    Yes you can still be charged back, there is no 100% way to be forsure you wont get charged back on.

I have learned this from experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast