Pinochet dies

This is a discussion on Pinochet dies within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Former Chilean dictator Pinochet dies at 91 SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- Gen. Augusto Pinochet, the fierce anti-communist dictator who ruled ...
Page: 1

Default Pinochet dies

Former Chilean dictator Pinochet dies at 91

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- Gen. Augusto Pinochet, the fierce anti-communist dictator who ruled Chile with an iron fist from 1973 to 1990, died Sunday from heart complications, the Santiago Military hospital reported. He was 91.

The brief announcement by the hospital said Pinochet's condition worsened suddenly and doctors rushed him back to intensive care, from which he had been removed only on Thursday while recovering from an acute heart attack he suffered one week ago.

Relatives and friends of Pinochet were arriving at the hospital.

Pinochet had been admitted a week earlier to the hospital with what doctors described as an acute had attack. He underwent an angioplasty procedure in which doctors enlarge the clogged artery to allow restoration of the blood flow to the heart.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/12/...t.ap/index.html

finally.

Banned Senior Member

I dont get it... he stopped ruling Chile 16 years ago and was anti communist.... does it matter if he died or not?

Originally posted by phantomlink
    I dont get it... he stopped ruling Chile 16 years ago and was anti communist.... does it matter if he died or not?
    He should have convicted all those murders he made...

Banned Senior Member

eh, I dont follow other countries activities so I have no idea what he did ^_^

he took over power in a coup and kept power undemocratically. he killed thousands of political opponents. He was never punished for what he did, and thats why some people are pissed off.

And its funny how you say being anti-communist is a good thing, you know Hitler was anti-communist also?

Banned Senior Member

figured if it was against communism then it couldn't have been all that bad ( didn't know the true meaning behind the word ) so I looked him up last night and read about him. I just dont get how you can be against communism, yet at the same time force yourself into power instead of letting the people decide

He was the only south american ally to Britain when we was in teh falklands

figured if it was against communism then it couldn't have been all that bad ( didn't know the true meaning behind the word ) so I looked him up last night and read about him. *I just dont get how you can be against communism, yet at the same time force yourself into power instead of letting the people decide
    Many dictatorships are not communist. Off the top of my head I can think of Hitler, Mussolini, Musharraf, Franco, Pinochet, Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Idi Amin etc. I think that a lot of Americans are taught that anything to do with communism is somehow evil, but I think that any system of government can become tyrannical, Pinochet proves that. His right-wing policies were very western, his free-market economic model was based on the USA and he was friends with Thatcher, but that doesn't mean he was "nice" at all.

Rentzusuken

Like alot of things, communism isn't a bad system, but how it is implemented can change that.

Banned Senior Member

like Rent said, it has it's ups and downs just like any other system.

And i'm not American ^_^

Rentzusuken

And i'm not American ^_^
    Where's Canada eh? :P

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Rentzusuken+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rentzusuken)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-phantomlink
    And i'm not American ^_^
    Where's Canada eh? :P[/b]

hahahaahha owned :wub:

k, back to mia

Originally posted by Dro+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dro)</div>
    Originally posted by Rentzusuken@
    <!--QuoteBegin-phantomlink

And i'm not American ^_^

Where's Canada eh? :P

hahahaahha owned :wub:

k, back to mia[/b]
    LoL Rent your intelligenze hits like 1 million voltage :lol: :wub:

Macdougl

Originally posted by Rentzusuken
    Like alot of things, communism isn't a bad system, but how it is implemented can change that.
    True. The problem with communism is it has never really been tried, in the true sense of the term. Every government that has tried it has not implemented it as it truely is defined. Instead of everyone being equal and all property being used for the good of all the people, a select few on top enjoy the hard work of all who have none.

On the same token, America is not a true democracy.

I wonder if all the murders and shit he made, are worth it now that is no longer part of our world...