Playstation2 and USB memory sticks

This is a discussion on Playstation2 and USB memory sticks within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; hi, well my cousin left his PS2 at my house and said i could keep it for a very long ...
Page: 1

mezcalaman

hi, well my cousin left his PS2 at my house and said i could keep it for a very long time cuz he has another at his house and while i was usig it i noticed that it has 2 usb plug in drives in the front.

now my question is, is it possible to play videos from a memory stick on the PS2? i pluged in mine to see if i could play a song from it and test it out but when i plugged it in nothing happened, i restarted it and still nothing. so if it is possible i would appreciate the help .

Dark_sith

dont think so on the PS2 i think thosec slots were only for the USB headset and USB Keyboard for the online games, i could be wrong tho but i know on the PS3 u can play music get pictures or movies off a memory stick and store them on the ps3

Banned Senior Member

It's only for keyboards/headsets to use in online gaming

mezcalaman

aww dang owell guess ill have to stick to burning onto DVD's =p. even though its a pain cuz when i burn it doesnt fit to screen T__T...well my anime doesn't anyhow =p
    anyhow. thanks for the help.

aww dang owell guess ill have to stick to burning onto DVD's =p. even though its a pain cuz when i burn it doesnt fit to screen T__T...well my anime doesn't anyhow =p
    anyhow. thanks for the help.[/b]
    i had a cd u can boot from it then u can play most of the avi,mps and jpg files on PS2, i dont know where it is tho, if i find it i'll upload an image for you to burn it on a cd, but you might have the same problem ( dosent fit )but it's better than burn it on DVD

mezcalaman

i had a cd u can boot from it then u can play most of the avi,mps and jpg files on PS2, i dont know where it is tho, if i find it i'll upload an image for you to burn it on a cd, but you might have the same problem ( dosent fit )but it's better than burn it on DVD[/b]
    :lol: omg that would be really great if u could. gl finding it and thanks a bunch in advance

mezcalaman

by anychance would the name of that cd be Max Drive or something similar to it? i was browsing ht enet and came across some info about it and it seems it lets you boot into the usb device and you can save games or load game files into it but not sure if it can play the videos/music.

ima see if i can get it somehow ( free of course) and check it out.

i didnt find it yet but it was different name, and it was a bootable cd not usb drive, but i'll still search for it, but i'm not sure but i think your PS2 most have the chipset that allow you to run pirated games, just give me two days and hopefully i'll find it

mezcalaman

oh ok. hmm hopefully it wont need the mod chip but eh i can wait to see ^^.
    thx

Speed

action replay max will do it , look for an iso .. its a small file, thats ofc is the ps2 has a modchip to read copy games or u can buy the original action replay cd :P

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

i think it only goes for the headset and keyboard like the other guy said be4,
    but on the PS3 usb sticks do work, so nice

i found the link for the website, all i have to do is to download the files and add any video file to the cd and burn it, and yes as what Speed said you must have the modship to be able to run this cd
    here is the link and if you still have problem making it i'll make new cd for you and i'll upload it as iso image
    http://www.geocities.com/x7r3m3_b0mb3r/ps2reality.html

mezcalaman

<_< dang hehe thanks. fortunetaly you dont necesaraly need the mod chip IF you have something like swap magic or something, which my cousin and i got a while back ( maybe a year +) and......he doesnt know where it is xD. and i CAN get a copy of the swap magic cd from the internet but after some reaserch i found that the swap magic cd is created in a certain way that no burner can copy so......my quest has been shot down , that is unless my cousin finds it xD and if by some chance he finds it ill use the help u gave me.
    thanks ;D