• Yes

34 73.91%
  • No

5 10.87%
  • undecided

7 15.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Question

This is a discussion on Quick Question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i just wanna see what some of you people would do. no humor please, keep it 100% mature and real. ...
Page: 1

unsolved_mystery

Thumbs up

i just wanna see what some of you people would do.
    no humor please, keep it 100% mature and real.
    its for a project.

Would you kill one human being to save one thousand?

Banned Senior Member

If the one was someone I knew and the thousand was people I didn't, doubt it

Arthurios

like phantom says, depends on who that 1 person is but if it was random then I would do that.

it's a very hard question imo.
    like the 2 posters above, i couldnt kill some1 i knew for 1000 ppl. but even if i didn't know him/her and when that person looks into your eyes whilest u kill him/her.. dunno

i guess i couldn't do that

offtopic
    [spoiler]if it was omgthisisme i'd kill him even to safe a single monkey[/spoiler]

Banned

Depends on who would that "1" be.

Banned

Depends on the context...Let's say the reason you have to kill this person is because he/she has a virus...Then I would
    If the reason was that one of us must die because we're overloaded in a dangerous situation (Cant find anything else), then I would sacrifice myself

Depends on the context...Let's say the reason you have to kill this person is because he/she has a virus...Then I would
    If the reason was that one of us must die because we're overloaded in a dangerous situation (Cant find anything else), then I would sacrifice myself[/b]
    doubt it that u'd sacrifice urself. it's a typical hollywood mind, which wont work in reallife.
    dunno anything about you tho, u could be an emo and make it easier but, yea i have no clue

Banned

doubt it that u'd sacrifice urself. it's a typical hollywood mind, which wont work in reallife.
    dunno anything about you tho, u could be an emo and make it easier but, yea i have no clue[/b]
    Forgot to mention that I'd do that only for people I know and if there's no one that is going to end his life soon...

And I lol'd at emo thing :lol:

Xtr3m3

It really needs to be more specific than that. Like the person, what they did to deserve it, in what situation you'll be if you were do do it( Sharp shooter vs. Life/ Death), etc. Also I find it very very unlikely for someone to sacrifice themselves for a stranger (unless is like a car crash, saving a person from drowning even if you risk it all, etc). For someone to sacrifice themselves they need to be closed to that particular person.

Conclusion: Can you be a little bit more specific with that type of situation?

ignaz

is this one person evil and wants to kill other innocents?

or is it someone ´´good´´ who fights 1000 evil who themselves try to kill other?

´´Depends on the context...Let's say the reason you have to kill this person is because he/she has a virus.´´

you can isolate the person too?....

or do you mean it 100% theoritical without any context, without any side of good or bad

is the one person your friend or not?

Psy

I would ask the person about the situation, and let them decide their own fate.

But if we're talking about something like SAW, where you have to press one button or the other, and the one person is your best friend and the other 1000 people are convicted child rapers, then I'll choose to save the friend.

unsolved_mystery

thats the whole point of my question.
    see where the human mind leads you, to what thought, and what variables to make your choice.
    there is no specific situation. its an all-around question.
    would you have the will power to end that one persons life?

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

Its very hard question it depends on circumstances.

I smell Nietzsche if i'm not mistaken

ignaz

if the person is good then i wont
    if the person is evil and cause killings of 1000 on purpose, then yes

if i can save 1000 innocent, of course

in general no

most people braces too much on their physical life
    we are by far more than only a bit of meat, and its proven, with logic you go further

if you want i can explain it more that we are more than we think

Xtr3m3

This really really sounds like a combination of Hegel/Nietzsche theories brought out by Dostoevsky theory of Superman or Extraordinary Vs. Ordinary men.

Are you reading Crime and Punishment?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast