Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I buy an iphone 3G?

This is a discussion on Should I buy an iphone 3G? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Should I buy an iphone 3G? As you all know, it is coming out to canada...for 200 bucks!! WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!? all ...
Page: 1

TunaFishyMe

As you all know, it is coming out to canada...for 200 bucks!! WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    all i need to know is how much the data plan is....but then everyone will have it...and its not special...
    should i get one?!!!!

StayBack

Noo.. its shit, better buy Nokia n95 8gb, i got one, and its way better.Iphone is shit..

TunaFishyMe

N95 is fat, and not sexy

Arthurios

n95 8gb rocks with pocket internet

its pretty much all personal opinion, do ur reasearch and pick whats better for you :P

DarK

I've heard the plan is gonna be really expensive, not sure though

But what kind of phone u got now?

Lets see if I can write this out in a way it makes sense.
    *Deep breath*

Okay, so, first of all.
    When you buy the iPhone, you HAVE (not negotiable) to sign up for a THREE (3) year contract.
    Long story short, the first iPhone was cheaper.
    Apple has taken down the price of the phone itself, but upped the price of the plan. (text message isn't included in the plan, etc. etc.)

Now, there's the whole Canada issue.
    We don't know what plan we're going to get.
    Will Rogers stop being cunts and give us an unlimited data plan at a reasonable price?
    People that have the iPhone in Canada right now end up paying $100+ because of the ridiculous data plans.

Will they be able to jailbreak the iPhone?
    iPhones are GSM phones, which means they are identified by their SIM card.
    If you jailbreak it, you can take out the iPhone SIM card, and put in a different SIM card.
    Then, Rogers thinks your iPhone is another phone, and you can get better plans.
    This sounds awesome, but remember, YOU'RE ON A THREE YEAR CONTRACT ANYWAYS.
    So jailbreaking it wouldn't do anything until your three years are up.

For those saying "the iPhone is shit" and stuff.
    No, it's really not.
    It's the best at what it does.
    If you need the internet, text, talk, and whatever else, it's your best option.
    It's not even that expensive when compared to the few phones that can do the same things.

I would say, wait and see what kind of plans get released for Canadian iPhones.
    If there's no unlimited data plan, don't do it.
    You will get completely fucked if there isn't one.

If there IS one, however, then you should consider getting one IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY.
    It will still be expensive.

The total cost for an 8gb iPhone ($199) and the 3 year contract (CHEAPEST PLAN IN THE US) comes to just under $2000 for the 3 years.
    It's a lot of money.
    Make sure you can afford it.

Of course, if your job is paying for it, gogogo :P

Anyways.
    I hope that made sense, and I hope it helped.
    Best of luck.

whole contract shit really pisses me off tbh stops real competition here in michigan we have all tell and metro pcs NO CONTRACTS and everything unlimited for like 40-55 bucks its really amazing and they have decent phones not crazy ass iphone like shit but unno no contract is the selling point

i always wanted the iphone but never even looked into the monthly cost of it how much does iphone / iphone 3g and there plans cost in michigan/us anyone know ?

i always wanted the iphone but never even looked into the monthly cost of it how much does iphone / iphone 3g and there plans cost in michigan/us anyone know ?[/b]

go here

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/null__6/null-225...m47st9Cqh2L5TqO

is that updated mad hatter? i can't believe 100 bucks doesn't even include unlimited text messages i know friends who do over 500 a month easily unno how many would be sms tho

Well that was for the old iPhone.
    The new iPhone will be similar.

mi rlly thinking abt an iphone to but 8 gig or 16 i think its a lil expensiver mut well

i already got a ipod and i should be getting a touch here any day so until iphone can be modded ima stick with my nextel since they just threw a 500 dollar phone my way for free and i only gotta extend for a year so fuck it

As you all know, it is coming out to canada...for 200 bucks!! WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    all i need to know is how much the data plan is....but then everyone will have it...and its not special...
    should i get one?!!!![/b]
    I'm getting one. Already have the money set aside. Gonna be down there on July 11th to pick one up. Might even go at midnight if they do one of those midnight release things.

Okay, so, first of all.
    When you buy the iPhone, you HAVE (not negotiable) to sign up for a THREE (3) year contract.
    Long story short, the first iPhone was cheaper.
    Apple has taken down the price of the phone itself, but upped the price of the plan. (text message isn't included in the plan, etc. etc.)[/b]
    Actually it is a two year contract, just like every other contract that AT&T does. And yes, the data plan was increased to $30/month for the smallest package, which includes unlimited data transfer and 75 SMS text messages (Not sure about 75, might be more)

is that updated mad hatter? i can't believe 100 bucks doesn't even include unlimited text messages i know friends who do over 500 a month easily unno how many would be sms tho[/b]
    I knew people who do over a thousand a month, but speaking about iPhones and texting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdULhkh6yeA

And for the iPhone haters - I'm no Apple lover, but if the service was cheaper, it would be the best deal out there. N95 has more features, but a lot more expensive, not as cool looking, and the iPhone does some things better (internet, etc.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast